OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

OK. I bit the bullet and cloned the disk and did the update on the clone after disconnecting my main disk. Restart brought the reboot loop as before, although I'm happy that my Defaults.plist is set up correctly. So I restarted while pressing Cmd+OPt+P+R. I got the Oz expanding msgs, then the screen changed colours a few times and then it booted ...... to the EFI shell. Why? Because the HD had disappeared. It's in the map but not in the bcfg boot dump. If I plug in another disk known to boot OK, that doesn't appear either. Is there some way to get the BIOS to rebuild the boot list? I did load defaults in the BIOS.

I had this situation before and by plugging and unplugging disks (with power off) it came back eventually, but I've no idea how or why.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like the OS X disk isn't blessed, i have no idea of CCC blesses the disk after cloning,

Try starting os x from the shell using /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi

Then once in os x bless the startup disk.

• Like 1

I now know that bcfg in the shell is my friend to reattach missing disks - especially Recovery HD! Also that VoodooHDA failing to load because of missing com.apple.audio.iokit or whatever, will heal itself once VoodooHDA.kext has been loaded manually and a reboot or two. Still on 10.11.3, though.

I think another glass of wine will help.

Finally resolved problem of boot loop. It was nothing to do with SIP or Defaults.plist. Some time ago I had installed SUIDGuardNG  when a root hole was discovered in OS X. It traps attempts to load binaries that don't have page zero. It looks as though 10.11.4 might contain a binary without a page zero, or at least something that the SUIDGuardNG.kext doesn't like.

for os x 10.11.4, boot up with recovery mode

open terminal

run command:

csrutil enable --without nvram
to disable sip nvram protection

I resolved the problem.

I need to update my RecoveryHD so I can do this... Anyone has tried Hera ?

I need to update my RecoveryHD so I can do this... Anyone has tried Hera ?

What you need is the latest "Install El Capitan.app" (or any version you are intrested in for some reasons)..the app works well here since last years...
  • Like 1

How did you manage to appear HermitShell and Clover UEFI over Oz Boot splash. I can't scced that and I have HermitShell in my bios but it doesen't appear on F12 boot menu even. 

How we can custom rename entryes displayed like in those two photos?

post-498209-0-38946300-1459286646_thumb.png

post-498209-0-39465800-1459286968_thumb.png

post-498209-0-26296100-1459286978_thumb.png

How did you manage to appear HermitShell and Clover UEFI over Oz Boot splash. I can't scced that and I have HermitShell in my bios but it doesen't appear on F12 boot menu even. 

How we can custom rename entryes displayed like in those two photos?

First photos-> press F10 and after boot and mount ESP in Oz folder you have a GUI photos.

HermitShell- follow pic

first extract hermitshell from Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.ROM

post-608882-0-76316400-1459320770_thumb.png

post-608882-0-60492200-1459320807_thumb.png

Later put hermitshellX64.efi in EFI/Tools

post-608882-0-28342200-1459320897_thumb.png

now boot PC with my EFI folder and you going to shell and write like this

bcfg boot add 1 fs0:\EFI\Tools\HermitShellX64.efi "HermitShell"

and press enter.

Hi guys, 

i am experiencing a funny effect with 
OS X 10.11.4 and this board with latest BIOS revision H2N.OZ1669M. It simply does not boot. I see the Apple-logo and thats it. Just does not get past the logo.

Previous versions just run fine. I can update to OS X 10.11.4 and after reboot just the logo. When i try to install it via recovery partition it will download the installer and install OS X 10.11.4. Then again, just the logo.

​When i try to install from a freshly created OS X 10.11.4 Boot-Stick all i see is: The logo.

Any idea?

Hello everyone,

I use my computer as a workstation (1 hardrive OSX, 1 Windows 10, 1 Reserve, 2 work-related drives; all journaled for Mac minus windows drive) and was looking to add 2 additional PCI slots to my board. I recently purchased a PCI-express card with 2 additional ports (http://www.iocrest.com/en/product_details321.html). Ideally, I'd like to have the harddrive with Windows boot from the SATA located on this card installed into the PCI express port as I have the others plugged in directly to the board. 

I've installed the card into the board and plugged the harddrive with windows to it. Not seeing it show up in the boot list, am I missing something? Possibly enabling a button?

Thanks!

Mike

Question : when interpreting Defaults.plist does Ozmosis (XMAS) can interpret key values expressed as <integer> ?

Yes.

Hello everyone,

I use my computer as a workstation (1 hardrive OSX, 1 Windows 10, 1 Reserve, 2 work-related drives; all journaled for Mac minus windows drive) and was looking to add 2 additional PCI slots to my board. I recently purchased a PCI-express card with 2 additional ports (http://www.iocrest.com/en/product_details321.html). Ideally, I'd like to have the harddrive with Windows boot from the SATA located on this card installed into the PCI express port as I have the others plugged in directly to the board. 

I've installed the card into the board and plugged the harddrive with windows to it. Not seeing it show up in the boot list, am I missing something? Possibly enabling a button?

Thanks!

Mike

Possibly there is no UEFI driver for your card, also i assume you checked the card is visible in either OS ?

• Like 1

Yes.

Possibly there is no UEFI driver for your card, also i assume you checked the card is visible in either OS ?

I think so, because I'm actually using a solution like this one, but mine is working. Take a look to my signature

not a good idea to disable SIP entirely..

The way I do it is to have SIP disabled in Defaults.plist, So to disable SIP all I would have to do (in case I could not get into Recovery mode) is to clear NVRAM.

After install or upgrade I re-enable SIP by getting into Recovery mode (for this instance of 10.11.4)

csrutil enable --without nvram

Hi all, love this mobo but trying to do something I haven't seen mentioned in this thread (I've read it first page to last many times so if I've missed something I promise it wasn't for a lack of trying). I've been at this for a week and wanted to exhaust as many possibilities before asking.

So, here's hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm looking to add NVMe support for booting by integrating it into the bios. I found a post at Win-Raid that explains the process and provides the files. However, when attempting this on the QUO It boots to a black screen and the only way to get into the bios again is to restore the backup bios. I've attempted to load each of the files provided individually into the bios but upon each flash the same thing occurs.

I also attempted to try this via the kext method by loading the kext file itself into the EFI section (Extensions\Common) of the drive (though I believe I read this wouldn't work in that way). I saw mention of someone else using Ozmosis with the driver by converting it to an .ffs file but I haven't tried that process yet.

The hardware I'm using for this is a Samsung 950 Pro inside an Anglebird PX1 PCIe adapter. My intent is to use it as my bootable drive. There are others in the thread I linked that have had success with similar boards, however, I realize QUO is a very specially designed piece of hardware that may not be compatible with the files provided. It is possible to load the kext and use the drive for storage, it just would be great to use it for booting.

I realize it's a long shot but has anyone had any success with this or knows if it's even possible? Any help would be appreciated.