HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Now after installation i get "Still waiting for root device" error. What now ? Go in singel user mode and copy the AppleNForceATA.kext to S/L/E or try something else ?

You got it in one ;) You might need to boot the installer and use terminal though.

You got it in one ;) You might need to boot the installer and use terminal though.

I copy the kext form USB to ⁄Volumes⁄Mac⁄System⁄Library⁄Extensions 

Nope, nothing. :( I get this error

com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless kmod start

com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib kmod start

com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless load succeeded

com.appple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded

Still waiting for a root device

Boot using -f -v

Permissions are correct?

chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Mac/System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/Mac/System/Library/Extensions

Cache needs to go too...

rm -f /Volumes/Mac/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

Then it should work...

• Like 1

:)

j'ai le même problème (HD 5450) si je ne met pas GraphicsEnabler=No , je ne vois pas trop le rapport mais , ça me génère ce bug si je passe GE en Yes ou que je ne l'écrit pas

I have the same problem (HD 5450) if I do not put GraphicsEnabler = No, I do not really see the connection, but it generates this bug me if I spend GE Yes or I do not write

Installing 10.9 on AMD FX 8120 with Nvidia GTX 650 - goes through the entire install and throws up a screen that reads => "Install Failed"

Using => mach_rc5_blacklist_fix.zip  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-208?do=findComment&comment=1962725

Booting with flags => -v -f npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

7QN3Xxc.jpg

Any help would be appreciated...

Installing 10.9 on AMD FX 8120 with Nvidia GTX 650 - goes through the entire install and throws up a screen that reads => "Install Failed"

Using => mach_rc5_blacklist_fix.zip  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-208?do=findComment&comment=1962725

Booting with flags => -v -f npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

7QN3Xxc.jpg

Any help would be appreciated...

I had the same error. I just copied the kernel and needed kext to the installed HDD using terminal via the installer and it worked fine.

Edit: You will have trouble with the nvidia card though. You won't be able to boot with full acceleration.

• Like 1

I have a problem while installing/post installing Mountain Lion.

Firstly here are my specs:

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T

ATI Radeon HD6870

Gigabyte GA-890gpa-ud3h

16 gb ram

Soundcard, ethernet onboard

When the installation is finishing, it says the following message (I haven't took a pic, 'cause it's in spanish): "The installer couldn't start the computer from the disk". When I reboot and try to start normally Mac it says "Can't perform kext scan: no kext summary". I'm using Niresh's 10.8.2, with default settings (I haven't touched anything from options)

Thanks in advance!

I have a problem while installing/post installing Mountain Lion.

Firstly here are my specs:

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T

ATI Radeon HD6870

Gigabyte GA-890gpa-ud3h

16 gb ram

Soundcard, ethernet onboard

When the installation is finishing, it says the following message (I haven't took a pic, 'cause it's in spanish): "The installer couldn't start the computer from the disk". When I reboot and try to start normally Mac it says "Can't perform kext scan: no kext summary". I'm using Niresh's 10.8.2, with default settings (I haven't touched anything from options)

Thanks in advance!

Use -f to bypass that. You could have Mavericks though instead of ML :D

Worked like a charm :), now I have problems with some video issues but I guess I'll have to mess with some video drivers. Thanks! If I complete all, I'll post my specs and tests in the working post :)

PS: I used ML instead of Maverick because I thought that it would be more stable on AMD

I had the same error. I just copied the kernel and needed kext to the installed HDD using terminal via the installer and it worked fine.

Edit: You will have trouble with the nvidia card though. You won't be able to boot with full acceleration.

Seems that the "Install Fail" splash was caused by my setting ownership and premissions correctly on the kernel to begin with...

After I fixed that - I did have to manually move the kernel and kexts to the HDD in order for it to boot without kernel panic...

Fl3bJkP.jpg

Worked like a charm :), now I have problems with some video issues but I guess I'll have to mess with some video drivers. Thanks! If I complete all, I'll post my specs and tests in the working post :)

PS: I used ML instead of Maverick because I thought that it would be more stable on AMD

If you have an ATI graphics card Mavericks is more stable ;)

New AMD forums for installation and post installation support:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/404-amd/ (installation, Mavericks);

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/405-amd/ (installation, Mountain Lion);

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/406-amd/ (installation, Lion);

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/407-amd/ (installation, Snow Leopard)

This topic will be closed soon, so be aware!

All the best!

• Like 2

New AMD forums for installation and post installation support:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/404-amd/ (installation, Mavericks);

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/405-amd/ (installation, Mountain Lion);

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/406-amd/ (installation, Lion);

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/407-amd/ (installation, Snow Leopard)

This topic will be closed soon, so be aware!

All the best!

Awesome idea!!!

Can the first post have links to the common asked about problems (ie: copying a kernel from the USB to the Hard Drive or else it will restart. ML & MV to have the Safari fix...)

Yes but they are to a minimum now ;)

Thanks to Sinetek: no more OpenGL issues :D

Hi People!

As I said in a previous post, I was installing ML 10.8.2... but the Video card configuration was a hell... so I decided (by recommendation of a user here) to jump to Mavericks directly. I made the installer via MyHack, patched the kernel to make it compatible to AMD, and tried to boot it with the following flags "kernel=x86_64 npci=0x2000 -v AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=5" (I included patched kexts from osx86).

When I press enter, it starts loading in verbose mode, and it gets stuck on "iobluetoothhcicontroller missing bluetooth controller". If I wait 4 or 5 minutes, the installer loads normally, but there is another problem: it doesn't recognize my HDD (which is formatted as MBR, and I'm pretty sure that when MyHack asked me to patch the installer for MBR, I pressed yes). The only drive that appears to me is the USB installer. I can't reformat my HD to GUID because I have windows already installed on it.

My specs are:

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T

ATI Radeon HD6870

16 gb ram DDR3

500gb HDD

Any hints will be much apreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, another stupid question to ask:

I'm trying to test the new AMD kernel for Mavericks w/ the graphics fix, but it appears it only boots with Clover. So i'm trying to make a USB installer with Clover on it, but I'm confused on the actual Clover installation to the USB. I'm using the Clover installer, and I'm not sure if I need to install Clover to the partition w/ the Mavericks installer on it, or do I need to make a FAT32 partition so it can install it to that. I know, dumb question, but I'm a bit stuck. Thanks

NVM: I'm an idiot, figured that part out.

Hi People!

As I said in a previous post, I was installing ML 10.8.2... but the Video card configuration was a hell... so I decided (by recommendation of a user here) to jump to Mavericks directly. I made the installer via MyHack, patched the kernel to make it compatible to AMD, and tried to boot it with the following flags "kernel=x86_64 npci=0x2000 -v AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=5" (I included patched kexts from osx86).

When I press enter, it starts loading in verbose mode, and it gets stuck on "iobluetoothhcicontroller missing bluetooth controller". If I wait 4 or 5 minutes, the installer loads normally, but there is another problem: it doesn't recognize my HDD (which is formatted as MBR, and I'm pretty sure that when MyHack asked me to patch the installer for MBR, I pressed yes). The only drive that appears to me is the USB installer. I can't reformat my HD to GUID because I have windows already installed on it.

My specs are:

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T

ATI Radeon HD6870

16 gb ram DDR3

500gb HDD

Any hints will be much apreciated!

Thanks in advance!

This modded kext has always worked for me on my mates PC: IOATAFamily... If your chipset is an ICHx-based SATA it should show. (Works on Lion & Mountain Lion, haven't tested Mavericks) http://www.osx86.net/files/file/1965-ioatafamily-for-lion/

On mavericks which kexts do i need to edit to add my grahpics card? it isn't detected I've tried with GE=yes and vervet

thanks

AMD5000Controller.kext

AMDRadeonX3000.kext

See if these files have the Info.plist inside them, if not replace them from the ones on your install USB