Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

K0gen

5,271 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2018 at 12:30 PM, tluck said:

@jgn123 hmm odd that to be a problem with DSDT since you seem to have the same base DSDT as me. 1.46.  i dont know why it doesnt work with an SSD? my system has one?

@tluck Sorry for the late reply! I just came back from vacation.

I only have one 2.5 inch SSD in it.  Is there a way that you could patch my DSDT that I attached here so I could try.  It's weird that mine won't boot with your DSDT.

Much appreciated! origin.zip

On 7/11/2018 at 1:16 AM, tluck said:

so i switched to model MBP9,1 instead of MBP8,1 and now its acts like a supported Mac. I was able to download Mojave from the App Store directly Been running mojave on my T420 and my real MBP for a few days now and its pretty solid.

Hey tluck!

Could you give me a bit more details how to upgrade to the Mojave beta? My High Sierra installation is unstable anyway, so I don't risk anything with trying out the Mojave beta. I'm hoping the freezes will go away...

Thanks.

@Somez

i just updated the T420 distribution on GitHub with the kexts and config.plist I am using. see config.1600x900.mojave.plist

pretty easy actually.

after you install Mojave, you will have to copy your High Sierra HD 3000 kexts to Mojave /S/L/E 

you need /System/Library/Extensions/*HD3000* and *SNB* 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 7:20 PM, tluck said:

@jgn123 - but you have the exact same DSDT (original) as me? 

can you try a spinning disk instead of the SSD?

@tluck, I've just tried the hdd and it still got stuck at the same spot.  I'll try your new pack on Github to see how it goes.

Updated:  Just tried your new (Lenovo-T420-Clover-2018.07.14) pack and had the same problem.  

Do you have any suggestion?

Edited by jgn123

10 hours ago, ladykillah said:

Hi tluck,

To disable hibernation, I run this:

rm /var/vm/sleepimage

But the message says that  "No such file or directory"

Pls help me fix this error. Thanks :)

did you turn it off with pmset hibernatemode 0 ?

@jgn123

I dont know? so if you just dont use my patched DSDT and let clover patch the built-in one you should capture the resulting DSDT and see how different it is?

Edited by tluck

On 7/15/2018 at 8:47 PM, Tetonne said:

thanks tluck for last release (4600) :)

2018-July-14

Thank you guys for still supporting this machine with updates. Even though my freezes has not gone with High Sierra, I'm not in the situation to be able to buy a real Mac so this topic is a true gem for me :)

well good luck with Mojave- been running for more than a week now. i do get random USB panics on startup. but once its up, it seems fine!

there seems to be a problem with the latest AppleALC i posted - seems to work on Mojave but not High Sierra. i hope to have it resolved tonight.

well - seems like the fix is to add ResetHDA=true to config.plist

Edited by tluck
fix for AppleALC 1.3.0 on High Sierra
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 11:34 PM, tluck said:

@Somez

i just updated the T420 distribution on GitHub with the kexts and config.plist I am using. see config.1600x900.mojave.plist

pretty easy actually.

after you install Mojave, you will have to copy your High Sierra HD 3000 kexts to Mojave /S/L/E 

Hello. How can I use 1366x768 Mojave? I used config.1600x900.mojave.plist it gets black scree but second screen with DVI it is function good.

6 hours ago, razoweb said:

Hello. How can I use 1366x768 Mojave? I used config.1600x900.mojave.plist it gets black scree but second screen with DVI it is function good.

well try removing any items referencing DualLink, EDID, override-no-connect.

Hi everyone,

So I managed to install everything thanks to tluck clover's files and now everything runs perfectly excepted for some video glitches like those in this video:

Do you know where it comes from? I have a lenovo T420 si which is pretty much the same configuration as the S model but with an i3 processor.

In the BIOS, I setted the graphics to Integrated Graphics.

Thanks in advance ;)

@blop135 I have the same problem you can try turn on "Show with clock" on "Screen Saver" for this issue. My issue has been resolved, but sometime there are horrizontal lines without flickering.

Edited by kaseru

16 minutes ago, kaseru said:

@blop135 I have the same problem you can try turn on "Show with clock" on "Screen Saver" for this issue. My issue has been resolved, but sometime there are horrizontal lines without flickering.

Seems like it solved it for the movies indeed but like you said, I do have some flickering lines that still appears on the menu. Do you have a T420 si too? I've seen that mine will never get Mojave, I guess it's because of the i3 processor that is not enough powerful. Maybe with the final release, they'll make it available to everyone.

Seems like it solved it for the movies indeed but like you said, I do have some flickering lines that still appears on the menu. Do you have a T420 si too? I've seen that mine will never get Mojave, I guess it's because of the i3 processor that is not enough powerful. Maybe with the final release, they'll make it available to everyone.
It is an old problem which only related to hd3000 graphics but not hd4000 so on. I have tried to increase my vram to reduce but only fimd to remain well for a longer time. it is not cpu’s problem in my perspective, i have thinkpad x220 and lenovo g470 both have the horizontal line in random appearance.

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

6 hours ago, EngLearnsh said:

It is an old problem which only related to hd3000 graphics but not hd4000 so on. I have tried to increase my vram to reduce but only fimd to remain well for a longer time. it is not cpu’s problem in my perspective, i have thinkpad x220 and lenovo g470 both have the horizontal line in random appearance.

Seems like it's less appearing this last day. I was talking about the Mojave's update for the CPU. I guess it's because I have an i3 that I can't install Mojave ;).

Edited by blop135

Seems like it's less appearing this last day. I was talking about the Mojave's update for the CPU. I guess it's because I have an i3 that I can't install Mojave ;).
Yeah the lines are likely kids all of a sudden they appear and then disappear. i think i3 can have mojave installed but im not proved because both i have the second generation of core i5 and i7 without i3, apple ends the support for these mac models this year with mojave and someone still find a way to install and make hd3000 in a full acceleration condition only when ui glitches happen in white theme.@tluck also provides the test config of mojave maybe you can try that, after all lets wait until the stable version releases( ¨̮ )

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

On 7/14/2018 at 9:34 PM, tluck said:

@Somez

pretty easy actually.

Hi Tluck,please send me this kexts HD3000 and SNB.I first install Mojave Beta and I do not have these kexts.

Edited by stivenkar

So I did a clean install of High Sierra but my internal LCD didn't seem to be working. It would just give random lines after the apple logo each time unless I boot with Displayport connected and then took it out. Now with the confiug.1600x900.mojave.plist everything seems to be working fine? I'm running high Sierra though..

Hi,with Google's help, I found the necessary kexts and my hackintosh works with the native 1600x900 with full QE/CI.Now I have another problem I have to solve.I have installed half size mini pci-e WIFI card Atheros AR9280 AR5BHB92,which works by default with previous versions of Mac OS X.Now the card is not recognized by default and I do not see it in a system report. How can I get it back to work?