Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

K0gen

5,271 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, stivenkar said:

Hi,with Google's help, I found the necessary kexts and my hackintosh works with the native 1600x900 with full QE/CI.Now I have another problem I have to solve.I have installed half size mini pci-e WIFI card Atheros AR9280 AR5BHB92,which works by default with previous versions of Mac OS X.Now the card is not recognized by default and I do not see it in a system report. How can I get it back to work?

well for your wifi card (same as mine) you will need to copy the /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext from High Sierra to Mojave. you can put in /S/L/E or put in your ESP.

and yeah i am using the "Mojave" config.plist for both High Sierra and Mojave (which gives me night shift for the display). 

43 minutes ago, tluck said:

well for your wifi card (same as mine) you will need to copy the /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext from High Sierra to Mojave. you can put in /S/L/E or put in your ESP.

and yeah i am using the "Mojave" config.plist for both High Sierra and Mojave (which gives me night shift for the display). 

Thanks tluck,this works well!

I have one more problem, the display brightness setting does not work.What should I do?

Thanks tluck,this works well!
I have one more problem, the display brightness setting does not work.What should I do?
Maybe you can check backlightinjector and delete it, or trying to make a own one by following the guide

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

5 hours ago, EngLearnsh said:

Maybe you can check backlightinjector and delete it, or trying to make a own one by following the guide

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

Thank you!Now I create AppleBacklightInjektor.kext manually,thanks for this guide and put in S/L/E and now brightness work fine!

Mojave beta4 works so far using the July 20 bundle from tluck and the Sierra HD3000 kexts.

I'm expecting to still have the usual HD3000 related freezes though. (What if I just simply replace my machine with a T430 that has HD4000? :))

4 hours ago, stivenkar said:

Thank you!Now I create AppleBacklightInjektor.kext manually,thanks for this guide and put in S/L/E and now brightness work fine!

great.

do you have 1600x900 or 1366x768 display?

run this please and post info:

ioreg -n AppleBacklightDisplay | grep Display

it would be nice to find other LCDs that work without changing the EDID to the one in the 1600x900 config.plist file

Edited by tluck

11 hours ago, tluck said:

great.

do you have 1600x900 or 1366x768 display?

run this please and post info:

ioreg -n AppleBacklightDisplay | grep Display

it would be nice to find other LCDs that work without changing the EDID to the one in the 1600x900 config.plist file

I have a Lenovo T520 with 1600x900 display.876224831_Screenshot2018-08-03at7_59_22.thumb.png.c2c861913331e4dfb3544797649bfd11.png

Hei. I can't boot T420 after last reboot.

Is regular T420 (1366x768 display) with WiFi AR5BHB92

Bios MOD

Features

• Based on v1.46
  • WLAN whitelist removed - can use any wireless card
  • 1600MHz & 1866MHz RAM support
  • 16GB RAM Support, stable with an eGPU
  • Lots of extra menus available for additional configuration
  • Updated splash logo included
  • Can downgrade from 1.48 or 1.49 by using winflash's /sv /sd options

I also wish to fix power off, because after power off it is just reboot, and multi fingers gestures just does not work (I mean switching between desktops etc...) same with F1 to F12 buttons, for example on F4 does not work like in mac Launchpad

I install step by step https://josephsiu.com/convert-windows-10-thinkpad-t420-into-dual-boot-hackintosh-running-macos-high-sierra/

But only with one OS(10.13.6)

received_1921119527940144.jpeg

received_1921128581272572.jpeg

received_1921133824605381.jpeg

On 8/5/2018 at 1:09 AM, Dabman1988 said:

Hei. I can't boot T420 after last reboot.

Is regular T420 (1366x768 display) with WiFi AR5BHB92

Bios MOD

I also wish to fix power off, because after power off it is just reboot, and multi fingers gestures just does not work (I mean switching between desktops etc...) same with F1 to F12 buttons, for example on F4 does not work like in mac Launchpad

I install step by step https://josephsiu.com/convert-windows-10-thinkpad-t420-into-dual-boot-hackintosh-running-macos-high-sierra/

But only with one OS(10.13.6)

did you get it to boot?

You can play with VoodooPS2Controller items to map keys and so on if you want to match something you like on a Mac.

not all finger gestures will work as the TrackPad is not an Apple Magic Pad

not sure about the reboot on power off? do you use a dock or have USB things plugged in? 

@Tetonne

Yes - I am using the same config (mojave) for both High Sierra and Mojave - i changed 9,1 to 11,1

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tluck said:

did you get it to boot?

You can play with VoodooPS2Controller items to map keys and so on if you want to match something you like on a Mac.

not all finger gestures will work as the TrackPad is not an Apple Magic Pad

not sure about the reboot on power off? do you use a dock or have USB things plugged in? 

@Tetonne

Yes - I am using the same config (mojave) for both High Sierra and Mojave - i changed 9,1 to 11,1

No i can not boot it. Like U can see it shows only recovery mode, not boot partition

bummer. well maybe you can repair the filesystem in recovery mode. what do you see in recover mode? using the disk utility to repair the disk. is this a APFS or HFS+ ? if APFS do you have all the drivers there for the latest zip?

11 hours ago, Alistar Smith said:

I also have tried these methods to make media bootable for my Lenovo ThinkPad. Now I am trying to move on with UEFI feature. This could be possible through Lenovo Customer Support help. In my favor, they provide the best service. Thanks for it.

well yes. the point of this thread is use Clover to boot macOS via UEFI - clover can also let you boot Windows via UEFI. They coexist nicely. I dual boot windows and macOS from one disk.

@tluck is there any solution to the ui glitch in mojave's light mode. I wonder it is just a regular bug because recently i found some of the mojave supported mac also have these phenomenon in ramdom. while the solution comes out i can update my x220 to mojave, in case i really love light mode

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

• Like 1

Well I update HS to Mojave, everything seems working fine except some problem with ssdt. Is it caused by SMBIOS that is not macbookpro8,1(i use the new config in your recent release which is macbookpro11,1)

通过我的 MI 8 上的 Tapatalk发言

10 hours ago, tluck said:

@SuperReaper

what is your BIOS v? and what is in your ACPI/patched folder - seems like a ACPI/DSDT problem? 

what happens if you replace your entire CLOVER folder with the one in the zip?

Bios 1.48 mod, I use your EFI, use both dsdt e2e and 366 got the same broblem

Edited by SuperReaper

5 hours ago, SuperReaper said:

Bios 1.48 mod, I use your EFI, use both dsdt e2e and 366 got the same broblem

hmm. so if you use the standard DSDT.aml it works ok?

do any of the provided DSDT*.aml files work? I am at a loss to understand what is going on? 

this could an issue with the Clover patching -- ie DSDT/ACPI fixes... maybe remove some of the "fixes" - like DeleteUnused etc -  most fixes are already there in the DSDT?

Edited by tluck

19 hours ago, tluck said:

hmm. so if you use the standard DSDT.aml it works ok?

do any of the provided DSDT*.aml files work? I am at a loss to understand what is going on? 

this could an issue with the Clover patching -- ie DSDT/ACPI fixes... maybe remove some of the "fixes" - like DeleteUnused etc -  most fixes are already there in the DSDT?

If I use clover v2.4 r4513 or lower, all your DSDT ok, but when I use later version of clover, I got that error even I change all possible dsdt u provide!

Edited by SuperReaper