Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

K0gen

5,271 posts in this topic

Did you tried shiki together with lilu from vit9696?

It sounds like it could help.

From the FAQ:

Can I play HTML5 Netflix videos with Shiki?

No, you cannot since Netflix limited their 1080p content for very few mac models even excluding most Mac Pros.

Thanks anyway!

Hey tluck!

I'm currently using your version of RehabMan's VooDooPS2Controller.kext for my Lenovo X220, as described in John Mcdonnell's X220 Hackintosh guide. It works for the most part, thought I am experiencing some weird behavior:

- Scrolling with two fingers is choppy/runs at about 20-30 fps (Scrolling otherwise, such as the inertia after releasing the two finger scroll or using the TrackPoint + middle click, runs at a smooth 60 fps however)

- Horizontal scrolling is mostly broken (at least in Finder)

- Inertial scrolling end suddenly instead of slowing to a stop

- my TrackPoint is rather jerky and pressing it in a direction produces inconsistent speed

I dug around in the VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext's Info.plist but I'm not really sure what I should be changing that might help fix those issues. Do you have any advice for tweaking the kext to better work with my X220?

Thanks! :)

Hello,

I redid my T420 following your guide now that I understand more about the build and because I felt as tough I had a lot of unneeded files the first time around messing with everything to get it to work.

This time everything worked flawlessly with all the provided files.

I am now experiencing something weird tough I am unsure if it's related.

Disk Utility will detect my additional drives but my external hard drives will not mount and I also have replaced my CD drive with a HDD and this will not mount either.

Any pointers?

Also, Thank you very much for creating this guide, I think I can say for everyone we REALLY appreciate all the work you put in.

Just FYI I found a solution here

I Reinstalled Paragon driver and after reboot both drives now mount again.

Edited by XentriX0110
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

I'm very happy with my t420 hackbook, been using it for many weeks, I'm even doing productive work on it. Many thanks!

However, it would be even better if I could get DVI and VGA to work simultaneously instead of having the DisplayPort on the dock. 
I know that I have to edit the find/replace values in the config.plist, but I have no clue how to find out which numbers I have to put there.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or even tell me what to insert into my config?

Thank you

@samlo -  i don't know much about x220 vs t420 (how different)? i use an model identifier in the DSDT (PS2K Device) to use specific non-default profiles in VodooPS2Controller kexts.

$ ioreg -l|grep T420
    | | |   "device-properties" = {"RM,oem-table-id"="T420","RM,oem-id"="LENOVO"}
    | | |   "RM,oem-table-id" = "T420"

@tluck -

The keyboard is exactly the same, and the trackpad uses the same drivers on linux and windows. Sorry, I'm a hackintosh beginner - how would I point the non-default LENOVO profile in the VoodooPS2Controller kexts to my X220s model identifier?

^no i don't have this kind of issue with Activity monitor, but i do have some withe my external wifi antenna.

everything work correct and it randomize freezer the computer ans reboot directly, /sbin/fsck... is needed after that :(

i do think (i'm sure) it's indépendant with clover and our Hackintosh set up

even if it's really boring

Anyone else getting Activity Monitor crashes? I can't even launch it. I've attached the crash log. Pretty annoying.

This is an issue in Sierra. It crashes when you open the Energy tab.

There is no fix as far as I know.

• Like 2

@heavyhdx 

try this to reset activity monitory not to open with Energy Tab - and just don't go there anymore!

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :SelectedTab 0" ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.ActivityMonitor.plist
  • Like 2

tluck,

Do you think High Sierra will work on this laptop when fully released?

Have you tested it at all?

Thanks

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes it works, i have tested High Sierra and even on external disk no problem at all with same kext that for Sierra :)

• Like 3

Hi, beautiful people. I need your help. I've set up Yosemite 10.10.4 about 2 years ago according to this manual. My T420 has Clover 3021. Everything works smooth, but I have overheating issue. My laptop shuts down often when I have a lot of apps opened, or in hot environment. I have to wait until it cools down and then turn it on again. Is there any fix for this? I appreciate any help!

Hi, beautiful people. I need your help. I've set up Yosemite 10.10.4 about 2 years ago according to this manual. My T420 has Clover 3021. Everything works smooth, but I have overheating issue. My laptop shuts down often when I have a lot of apps opened, or in hot environment. I have to wait until it cools down and then turn it on again. Is there any fix for this? I appreciate any help!

From time to time you have to clean the grills with a vacuum cleaner

Can i use AW-CB160H BCM94360HMB without extra kexts ? it says it is a Native Airport Half Mini card. i am using DW1515, thinking of switch to BCM94360HMB

Hello, skoal. I can confirm it works. Wifi speed gets to the maximum of my internet provider, about 300MB/s down and upload.

Remember AW-CB160H uses MHF4 connectors. I had to buy three antennas, 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-laptop-WIFI-Wireless-IPEX-MHF4-NGFF-Card-Antenna-for-BCM94360HMB-BCM94360CSAX-/251996887245?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Now adapters are available, so you will only need one.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/3-x-IPEX-MHF4-IPEX-Gen4-UFL-to-IPEX-1-Connector-Jack-Male-Pin-For-BCM94360HMB-/262716190873?hash=item3d2b1af099:g:~1IAAOSwImRYJ2dk

Hope it helps.

Hello, skoal. I can confirm it works. Wifi speed gets to the maximum of my internet provider, about 300MB/s down and upload.

Remember AW-CB160H uses MHF4 connectors. I had to buy three antennas, 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-laptop-WIFI-Wireless-IPEX-MHF4-NGFF-Card-Antenna-for-BCM94360HMB-BCM94360CSAX-/251996887245?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Now adapters are available, so you will only need one.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/3-x-IPEX-MHF4-IPEX-Gen4-UFL-to-IPEX-1-Connector-Jack-Male-Pin-For-BCM94360HMB-/262716190873?hash=item3d2b1af099:g:~1IAAOSwImRYJ2dk

Hope it helps.

Thank you trifero, I am going to purchase BCM94360HMB card with adapters, this card is very pricy compare to other model  

Yes !

Thank you Zandig

@tluck, @everyone

Can anyone explain if it's possible to change the charge behaviour so the battery only charges to 80% and discharges to 40%?

I've just bought a brand new 9 cell due to going to quad core in my T420 and would like to maximise the life of the battery.

Also, if the Acpi tables can be modified, do the settings stick if triple booting between osx/ubuntu/Win7?

@tluck, @everyone

Can anyone explain if it's possible to change the charge behaviour so the battery only charges to 80% and discharges to 40%?

I've just bought a brand new 9 cell due to going to quad core in my T420 and would like to maximise the life of the battery.

Also, if the Acpi tables can be modified, do the settings stick if triple booting between osx/ubuntu/Win7?

Just using the Lenovo power manager for win to setting the battery charge level.

And don't unplug/plug the battery. This set value can effect under OSX.

If you unplug/plug the battery, then the charge level reset to default. 

You must using the Lenovo power manager again.

Just using the Lenovo power manager for win to setting the battery charge level.

And don't unplug/plug the battery. This set value can effect under OSX.

If you unplug/plug the battery, then the charge level reset to default.

You must using the Lenovo power manager again.

That's excellent, thank you. I will try it before the battery charges up beyond 80%.

Or should I go to 100% for the first time seeing that it's a brand new battery?