Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

K0gen

5,271 posts in this topic

@lolxapple - seems like you are up and running now? odd that the ethernet kext would do that. i wonder if there was a kext cache issue? 

@Fibroga - Yosemite!? how about Sierra or El Capitan...

Anyway... when you see a display like this, it usually means you are using DualLink=1 instead of DualLink=0 - or visa versa.  which config.plist did you select to use?

@lolxapple - seems like you are up and running now? odd that the ethernet kext would do that. i wonder if there was a kext cache issue? 

@Fibroga - Yosemite!? how about Sierra or El Capitan...

Anyway... when you see a display like this, it usually means you are using DualLink=1 instead of DualLink=0 - or visa versa.  which config.plist did you select to use?

That's the problem. How can i Select the right plist ? Using Yosemite cause i have bought an asus wifi usb adapter working with yosemite

@Fibroga

- well is your display 1366x768 or 1600x900?

- do you have asus usb-n10 usb?

if so the yosemite driver works on El Cap or Sierra.  

i use the 1083 driver and wireless adapter utility 2.0.2

there are some issues with sleep/wake - but i can share some scripts to help with that. 

but the basic idea is to shut down the this adaptor before sleep or it goes to zombie land.

Yes that's the adapter, i have a 1366x768 display

Ehi guys..I have a last little problem.

Everything is working fine , with latest Sierra 10.12.2, but my wifi adaptosr ( Asus n10) , can bring me just 3mpbs of speed when using internet.

When I use ethernet, I have full 20mb.

also, the system sometimes freeze for 1 seconds, specially when I'm using web, like now, got 5 freeze writing this post.

thanks to anyone

Ehi guys..I have a last little problem.

Everything is working fine , with latest Sierra 10.12.2, but my wifi adaptosr ( Asus n10) , can bring me just 3mpbs of speed when using internet.

When I use ethernet, I have full 20mb.

also, the system sometimes freeze for 1 seconds, specially when I'm using web, like now, got 5 freeze writing this post.

thanks to anyone

Can you try in a different USB port?

The trackpoint still has problems, almost the same with last version. Even after a reboot, sometimes it doesn't work. Ps, fingerz 47 is a bit too high, have to press the point very hard, MouseMultiplier X and Y is a bit low. Thanks for your great work!

the asus usb N10 connects to my wifi at 72 Mbps (mega BITS per second)  max.

Ethernet is 1000 Mbps max.

i just tested with my asus usb wifi on download and i got 51 Mbps - which is pretty much the limit with my internet provider.

here is the driver and App i use:

@liumizhou - 

well i dont know about TrackPoint disappearing. i give up.

this new version does a full hw reset on startup etc. been working very well for me. before TrackPoint was always missing on startup. sleep/wake always makes it work - now it works on startup every time.

on Fingerz and speed  - you can adjust these values to your own situation in the VoodooPSTrackpad/Contents/Info.plist to suite your taste. the speed can be adjusted with Accessibility prefs as well.

asus-N10.zip

@liumizhou - 

well i dont know about TrackPoint disappearing. i give up.

this new version does a full hw reset on startup etc. been working very well for me. before TrackPoint was always missing on startup. sleep/wake always makes it work - now it works on startup every time.

on Fingerz and speed  - you can adjust these values to your own situation in the VoodooPSTrackpad/Contents/Info.plist to suite your taste. the speed can be adjusted with Accessibility prefs as well.

Thank you for your hard work and quick reply. :thumbsup_anim:  I tried many many  ways to make the trackpoint stable, but failed. Maybe the trackpad and the trackpoint is somewhat conflict, as long as I disable the trackpad, the trackpoint always works well. I give up, too. :(

i am using a custom (color) profile from the zip - that matches the custom EDID for 1600x900. 

there are some DisplayOverrides in the zip that could work for 1366x768

... but it has been several years since i looked this aspect.

the asus usb N10 connects to my wifi at 72 Mbps (mega BITS per second)  max.

Ethernet is 1000 Mbps max.

i just tested with my asus usb wifi on download and i got 51 Mbps - which is pretty much the limit with my internet provider.

here is the driver and App i use:

Thank tluck

every thing work fine, even the trackpoint problem

@jenyunhuang - good to hear from you.  glad to hear the latest kext is working!

@Fibroga - yes update working without issue here.

@trifero - nice wifi device - speedy for sure!

@skoal2007 - no idea on why that mSata device is hanging for you.