Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,890 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, chris1111 said:

@Jief_Machak I try 3 machine different and I have the same problem, it stop at GUI no Clover menue

getDist() called on tag of type key

A fatal error happened system halted

Hide contents

IMG_2313.thumb.jpeg.821cd99e234f9fbc7595f74d19b99189.jpeg

Send me your EFI, it'll be easier to catch under live debugging.

35 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

<key>Quirks</key>

Just rename that <key>OcQuirks</key>

5 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I don't know what that is, but you have to remove it. OcQuirks is a "subset" of OC that already exist in my version, because I integrated the whole OC.

No, with this experiment, you can't use OcQuirks.efi

37 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I have OcQuirks.efi

NO !

14 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

REMOVE OcQuirks.efi

Configure your kernel quirks in a section called <key>OcQuirks</key> INSIDE KernelAndKextPatches.

@Jief_Machak I remove OcQuirks.efi. But can't always boot !

And what about Openruntime.efi in /Drivers/UEFI ? I try without it, can't boot also.

OK @Jief_Machak I change the config.plist for this one ;)config.plist.zip And I was able to boot in the menue Install macOS BS Beta 6

Spoiler

screenshot2.thumb.png.46f3c1e0ed739b8ef79447afb3f5c9cd.png

But no luck this is were is stop verry quickly

IMG_2318.thumb.jpeg.76a103fc994a2ccf900d093bcec04284.jpeg

EDIT **** Boot entry picture 

EDIT Sorry @Jief_Machak Now I boot to USB  Install macOS BS Beta 6

Edited by chris1111
EDIT **** Boot entre
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Thank you,@Matgen84 

I check my Quirk of OcQuirks.efi.

Is the following missing? :)

ProvideConsoleGopEnable:YES

I don't know if ProvideConsoleGopEnable=YES is include by default in Clover (maybe is it!). This is why since few month, I use ReddestDream alternate drivers OcQuirks on Catalina.  

4 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I use ReddestDream alternate drivers OcQuirks on Catalina.  

If you don't use that, you can't boot Catalina with Clover ?

I saw in your EFI that you named your kext folder "11.0". This folder is ignored. It should be named "11". And yes, it'll be improved, but for now it's hard coded.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

If you don't use that, you can't boot Catalina with Clover ?

I saw in your EFI that you named your kext folder "11.0". This folder is ignored. It should be named "11". And yes, it'll be improved, but for now it's hard coded.

Don't try to boot Catalina with Clover, without theses efi files: because since Monday, I use my Catalina HDD for Big Sur Beta 6 only (erase and clean install). For ReddestDream alternate drivers, I use my own OcQuirks.c to compile OcQuirks.efi, and install it beside Openruntime in /Drivers/UEFI.

I rename kext folder to "11": can't boot with error message. (Debug.log attached)

1.jpg

debug.log

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Don't try to boot Catalina with Clover, without theses efi files: because since Monday, I use my Catalina HDD for Big Sur Beta 6 only (erase and clean install). For ReddestDream alternate drivers, I use my own OcQuirks.c to compile OcQuirks.efi, and install it beside Openruntime in /Drivers/UEFI.

I rename kext folder to "11": can't boot with error message. (Debug.log attached)

1.jpg

debug.log

This is the same picture of me were it stop

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Ok, stopped at 

34:856  0:029  OSInfo:OSName called
34:879  0:022  OSInfo:OSVendor called

seems to be the same as @Slice. I guess there is something not properly initialised in the integrated OC. But what...

:shock: I need a break !!!

@Jief_Machak Have a nice break. Keep in mind, that all users appreciate your work. And the @Slice efforts of course.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Thank you for your effort.

I tried the following 

% Git pull
 (To 389ec9d)

% sh ./ebuild.sh --xcode8 --buildtarget=DEBUG

copy CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/DEBUG_XCODE8/X64/CLOVERX64.efi to EFI/CLOVER

and rename to BOOTX64.efi,and copy to EFI/BOOT

reboot and select boot big sur from preboot

Select Boot Catalina

(sorry:boot-aug contains gabege from NV-RAM,but Catalina is booted by Clover 5122)

Dose debug.log start after this stage? So, the log from Matgen84 is under existing OcQuirks.efi under UEFI?

Hi @mifjpn I've remove OcQuirks.efi for testing Big Sur without success :cry: Can you boot Catalina without this drivers? Do you keep Openruntime in /Drivers/UEFI? Please, tell me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Here my EFI Thanks 

@Chris111 I know the error message are not amazing, but if you put back your EFI that doesn't boot, you'd see "

MALFORMED PLIST in 'Anime' : TagArray::dictElementAt(1) -> trying to get a dict element at 1, but element is Key"

This error message doesn't say which plist (yet), but Anime is key you find only in theme.plist (I think). In your case, that's the problem. Follow the key Anime, you must have an array of dict. But the element at 1 (so the 2nd one) of the array is not a dict. In fact it's "<key>CharWidth</key>".
Basically, you need to remove :
			<key>CharWidth</key>
			<integer>10</integer>
			<key>Path</key>
			<string>font.png</string>
			<key>Type</key>
			<string>Load</string>

from "Anime" array of dict. They already exist in "Font", which is their place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

@Chris111 I know the error message are not amazing, but if you put back your EFI that doesn't boot, you'd see "

MALFORMED PLIST in 'Anime' : TagArray::dictElementAt(1) -> trying to get a dict element at 1, but element is Key"

This error message doesn't say which plist (yet), but Anime is key you find only in theme.plist (I think). In your case, that's the problem. Follow the key Anime, you must have an array of dict. But the element at 1 (so the 2nd one) of the array is not a dict. In fact it's "<key>CharWidth</key>".
Basically, you need to remove :

<key>CharWidth</key>
			<integer>10</integer>
			<key>Path</key>
			<string>font.png</string>
			<key>Type</key>
			<string>Load</string>

from "Anime" array of dict. They already exist in "Font", which is their place.

I change config  here boot fine but the result is, same as @Matgen84 

4 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Openruntime in /Drivers/UEFI?

I think it's needed. I have it. OcQuirks.efi conflicts with what's already in OC, that's why you have to remove it. To boot catalina, you may have to put it back.

I don't understand why my version doesn't boot previous macOS. I didn't change anything. Maybe a static initialisation of OC has an impact. But because it's not the goal of that experiment, I didn't check.

2 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I change config  here boot fine but the result is, same as @Matgen84 

Did you activate debug.log, to check that you also stopped at 

26:672  0:045  OSInfo:OSName called
26:710  0:038  OSInfo:OSVendor called

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

I don't know if ProvideConsoleGopEnable=YES is include by default in Clover (maybe is it!). This is why since few month, I use ReddestDream alternate drivers OcQuirks on Catalina.  

It is included into Clover's version of OcQuirks. See https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/blob/master/CloverPackage/CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER/config-sample.plist#L1114

Don't need to use ReddestDream alternate drivers.

But I don't know current situation.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I think it's needed. I have it. OcQuirks.efi conflicts with what's already in OC, that's why you have to remove it. To boot catalina, you may have to put it back.

I don't understand why my version doesn't boot previous macOS. I didn't change anything. Maybe a static initialisation of OC has an impact. But because it's not the goal of that experiment, I didn't check.

Did you activate debug.log, to check that you also stopped at 

26:672  0:045  OSInfo:OSName called
26:710  0:038  OSInfo:OSVendor called

How to activate debug log ?

21 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

If you feel bad, I apologize.

New Cloverx64.efi checks aptiomemoryfix.efi ocquirks.efi in UEFI,if which one exists CloverX64 is stopped.

So,I want to set these one,but i can't.

I think OcQuirks.efi was coded,but i did not hear Openruntime.efi was codeed.

thanks.

I apologize too. My English is bad.

My question is to known if you can boot Catalina without OcQuirks.efi :)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Slice said:

Except Lilu because it is bad designed. ;)

Let's be honest for a second, if you would understand a single thing about Lilu, you would have copy+pasted + "improved" it already ;)

@Jief_Machak Why do you hardcode kext names for injection order? Tbh we would probably not want to use it for load order, but I could imagine having dependency ordering code in OC at least for debug verbosity, so such code could be common interest. Generally I think we'd prefer avoiding a fork of OC code and instead figure out how to design the library interfaces to work well for both projects, at least as far as our scope goes (anything out of our scope would just live in the Clover repo obviously).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Here debug log

You stopped at 

21:471  0:082  OSInfo:OSName called
21:485  0:014  OSInfo:OSVendor called

Same as Slice and Matgen84. Let's hope booter quirks solve the problem :

add this (change the true and false, obviously and set them like you have them in your OC clover.plist) to your Clover config.plist. Do not put in in any section. See mine if you're unsure.

<key>OcBooter</key>
	<dict>
		<key>MmioWhitelist</key>
		<array/>
		<key>Quirks</key>
		<dict>
			<key>AvoidRuntimeDefrag</key>
			<true/>
			<key>DevirtualiseMmio</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DisableSingleUser</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DisableVariableWrite</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DiscardHibernateMap</key>
			<false/>
			<key>EnableSafeModeSlide</key>
			<true/>
			<key>EnableWriteUnprotector</key>
			<false/>
			<key>ForceExitBootServices</key>
			<false/>
			<key>ProtectMemoryRegions</key>
			<false/>
			<key>ProtectSecureBoot</key>
			<false/>
			<key>ProtectUefiServices</key>
			<true/>
			<key>ProvideCustomSlide</key>
			<true/>
			<key>ProvideMaxSlide</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>RebuildAppleMemoryMap</key>
			<true/>
			<key>SetupVirtualMap</key>
			<true/>
			<key>SignalAppleOS</key>
			<false/>
			<key>SyncRuntimePermissions</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Here is the efi.

config.plist

CloverX64.efi.zip

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2020 at 6:20 PM, usr-sse2 said:

It's related to OpenCore, not Lilu. OpenCore requires that the dependencies should be placed before dependent kexts, or else it would drop them because it can't find the symbols. The same applies to e. g. VoodooPS2Controller which should be placed before VoodooPS2Trackpad.

Why not find symbols in back order? In full range?

Somehow FakeSMC plugins can be loaded before FakeSMC without any collision. 

VoodooPS2Controller is a wrong evidence for the theory. My VoodooPS2 in signature not needed in special boot order.