ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

@MacNB please try and let me know

BOOTX64.efi.zip

CLOVERX64.efi.zip

Yes that enables XCPM on my Ivy Bridge i7-3770K:

% dmesg.sh |grep -i xcpm     
2020-04-27 14:50:03.394151+0100 0x6cd      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOPlatformPluginFamily) IOPPF: XCPM mode
2020-04-27 14:50:03.394152+0100 0x6cd      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOPlatformPluginFamily) IOPPF: XCPM mode
%

Thanks.

Care to share the patch values ?

• Like 1

Because you seem to know about Power Management, there something I never did since I install my laptop.

On an i7-7700, am I suppose to use XPCM ? I read that there is also power management by the CPU itself, since recently. Is that what's called XPCM ?

Yes to have to do nothing about it, it will work automatically. Starting from 10.8.5 (at the time that was) Apple introduced a new power management (XNU CPU Power Management) instead of using the old AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext but for some recent CPUs (capable of)  wasn't available. For all CPUs Apple never used in their releases software/hardware combinations, but capable of, the patch enable it.

P.S. up to 10.11 there was a kernel flag '-xcpm' to enable it, but then was removed.

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

@Slice @Jief_Machak @vector sigma

Maybe, I make a mistake somewhere but I don't  have previous version in EFI-Folder Backups for r5114.  

When I update clover r5114, the old EFI folder from ESP overwrites the one stored in EFI-Backups. I double check

Sorry for my poor English.

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

Maybe, I make a mistake somewhere but I don't  have previous version in EFI-Folder Backups for r5114.  

When I update clover r5114, the old EFI folder from ESP overwrites the one stored in EFI-Backups. I double check

Not sure but there is a limit of number of backups you can have. When the limit is surpassed the package delete old backups. If that happened is what developers decided long ago, and no one touched it. ---->But also depend on values stored in nvram by the preference pane and some third part applications.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vector sigma said:

Not sure but there is a limit of number of backups you can have. When the limit is surpassed the package delete old backups. If that happened is what developers decided long ago, and no one touched it. ---->But also depend on values stored in nvram by the preference pane and some third part applications.

Thanks. :)  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@vector sigma

Do you think: Is it possible that clover install log show  revision and commit, for example: Installer version: r5114 EFI bootloader commit (de2bb5f95)

Thanks again.

will be like:

Installer version: r5114 (commit: dca2aafe4) EFI bootloader

but master or branch cannot be determine here. Committed.

Edited by vector sigma
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vector sigma said:

will be like:

Installer version: r5114 (commit: dca2aafe4) EFI bootloader

but master or branch cannot be determine here. Committed.

Perfect :thumbsup_anim: I think it will be useful to identify Clover commit for those who install several different commits. Thanks.

Looks like Slice added a very cool ability parsing symbols and segments :hyper:

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Sorry my English is really poor :yes:

was a quip. What have you looked for a long time, was already there just looking at the bdmesg (boot log).

• Thanks 1

Oh, I just realize that with r5114 there's little 'scrollbar' appearance issue; it seems double layers are in use for the element (as we could see on screenshots below using 'HighSierra' theme with white transparent scrollbar). Thanks.

screenshot0.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

2 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Oh, I just realize that with r5114 there's little 'scrollbar' appearance issue; it seems double layers are in use for the element (as we could see on screenshots below using 'HighSierra' theme with white transparent scrollbar). Thanks.

Well, true, but the problem is with your theme.

Look for example at your scroll_start.png - it does not contain the margins (so that one is ok), but your scroll_fill.png contains also the middle part and also the margins.

The result is what you see. Correct your scroll_fill.png and it should be fixed.

Edited by Pene
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Pene said:

Well, true, but the problem is with your theme.

Look for example at your scroll_start.png - it does not contain the margins (so that one is ok), but your scroll_fill.png contains also the middle part and also the margins.

The result is what you see. Correct your scroll_fill.png and it should be fixed.

Hmmb, I see.. I'll take a look into it, thanks for your 'eagle eyes'.

@Slice

About your discussions regarding to DropTables: it really was partially broken in 5114 (it was reading only a single entry from config.plist), but I corrected it a few days ago already, so it will be ok with 5115.

Edited by Pene
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2020 at 4:46 PM, Slice said:

Check if you have invisible file on EFI partition

.VolumeLabel.txt

And tell us what is the method to install Clover you used.

I can't use SHIFT (Left or Right) button in Shell64 with my USB Keyboard (Sades Gaming Keyboard) but normal with Logitech Keyboard.

It was working before,,

Here is my drivers, does filevault2 make it broken??
image.png.d3c3e26edc973b7788bca9ba52705697.png