Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

No. VoodooHDA, for example, works for all chips.

If you need only one output and no input then driver can be significantly reduced. So it is possible, just sit and write.

Great.

Any primer about how to start for making something like this? Like some documentation.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Great.

Any primer about how to start for making something like this? Like some documentation.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

EDK2 repository is full of drivers sample, SATA, LAN, USB. You just need to invent AUDIO driver.

1. Hardware detection

2. If detected then initialization.

3. If ready then provide a procedure to output a sound

4. This procedure can be called by Clover at startup.

Guys, any fix for the "wake after an hour" issue? It's driving me crazy. My computer is now set to never go to sleep. Just to avoid this thing. But that means more power used for nothing.

The computer never goes back to sleep after that wake. It just cycles in a semi-wake kind of state. It's not fully awake. And it's not asleep either. 

Please, tell me you have a fix for this. This didn't use to happen before.

@arsradu - have you tried darkwake=0 boot arg? 

Well, that's the thing. I never used darkwake=0. Never messed with that. Still, I never got this issue before. So I doubt it's because of that.

I think the problem might be relying somewhere else. I disabled AppleRTC by mistake (in Kernel & Kexts patches). Though I honestly don't remember doing that.

So, right now I'm testing this with AppleRTC=enabled as well as default "sleep proxy client" settings (which I think is enabled, if I'm not mistaken). So far, I've noticed it's not just that it doesn't wake from sleep after an hour anymore, but also, when I decide to wake the computer from sleep (it's been about 15 minutes over an hour now), it wakes up a lot faster than with the disabled proxy client.

Will keep you guys posted if this issue reoccurs with the current setup.

As always, thank you very much for your feedback. :)

@cuthead thats known issues for some ppl.. Look here #1 / #2

I need to patch this line to refresh the screen after changing screen mode, do you think so Slice?

case SCAN_F9:
  SetNextScreenMode(1);
  MenuExit = MENU_EXIT_ESCAPE;
  break;

And something dangerous is coming, soon?

This could be not related to AppleTyMCEDriver. It seemed that AppleTyMCEDriver just caused KP on non-ECC memory. For further discussion, we may discuss at installation section?  :)

PMheart

FixDisplay

hello Slice good morning

clover rev 3977

long delay before boot .. reach gui normal .. then before start boot in verbose .. have a long delay

attachicon.gifboot.log.zip

thanks

Hello artur_pt,

Thanks you for the log but I see no problem here and I still can't reproduce the issue. All is fine in my case.

Many people have the same or similar problem, @Slice, including me. All Clover versions above 3974 I've tested fail to go beyond the GUI. Tested several Clover/edk2 combinations and every time I get this result. That happens on both my desktop (GB H77N-WiFi, AMI aptio) and my laptop (HP ProBook 4340s, HPQ EFI).

Here's the funny part: all the mentioned Clover versions work, compiled with older revision of edk2 (r23693 is the one I've tested).

Just like the case with @artur_pt, you won't find anything unusual in preboot.log.

Good thing I have Windows 10, installed in another partition, to restore the previous Clover version in such case.

Edit: attached my log (taken with r3977) and my usual Clover folder (r3974)

Edit2: just compared the two logs (taken with r3974/edk2 r23520 and r3977/edk2 r23704), besides the timestamps at the beginning of every line, they are almost identical.

Also, someone at AppleLife proposed the theory that the issue could be storage-related, no, it's not, because I have HDD on my desktop and SSD on my laptop and the same issue on both of them.

preboot.log.zip

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

Confirm, please, that Clover compiled with EDK2-23700 is good, with 23702 is bad.

Just tested with my ProBook. It doesn't boot with anything above r23702 including. r23700 and r23701 seem to be OK (the older versions too). That's for UEFI boot, haven't tested the legacy boot (don't even use it anymore). Also haven't tested those versions on my desktop, will do that later today (currently at work).

Commits 23700 - 23703 incl. contain changes to the following files:

/trunk/edk2/MdePkg/Include/Library/BaseLib.h

/trunk/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/SafeString.c

/trunk/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLibInternals.h

/trunk/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/String.c

and obviously something has happened between commits r23701 and r23702.

Edit: Just tested the same builds on my desktop. Same scenario: works with all edk2 builds prior to r23702 and doesn't work with r23702 and higher.

Tested, Clover r3977 w/ edk2 r23704 works fine on UEFI boot. Not confirmed r23700/r23702...

Tested that too yesterday, but it doesn't work for me.

Just tested with my ProBook. It doesn't boot with anything above r23702 including. r23700 and r23701 seem to be OK. That's for UEFI boot, haven't tested the legacy boot (don't even use it anymore). Also haven't tested those versions on my desktop, will do that later today (currently at work).

Commits 23700 - 23703 incl. contain changes to the following files:

/trunk/edk2/MdePkg/Include/Library/BaseLib.h

/trunk/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/SafeString.c

/trunk/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLibInternals.h

/trunk/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/String.c

and obviously something has happened between commits r23701 and r23702.

Tested that too yesterday, but it doesn't work for me.

Weird. I got a update of Micky's Build_Clover.command and he updated edk2 version to r23704. 23704 just works fine on my desktop... And seems nothing obvious changes with r23520.

• Like 1

confirming issue with later versions of edk2

UEFI with EmuVariable on my ThinkPad T460

Clover 3977 + edk2 23700 or earlier -  OK - no delay on start up

Clover 3977 + edk2 23702 or later   - Broke - long delay (20-40 seconds)