Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

What are the differences between those FakeSMC versions?

Can't say in two words. They are different in plugin connection. You should not mix FakeSMC, plugins and HWmonitor from different packages.

• Like 1

After using for long time version 3684 today i updated to 3948 and my wirelles card stoped working.I tried older version untill 3811 but none of them worked.

DarwinDumper_3.0.2_27.11_18.30.28_MacBookPro5,1_Clover_X64_3684_Mavericks_13E28_alex.zipDarwinDumper_3.0.2_27.11_22.10.10_MacBookPro5,1_Clover_X64_3948_Mavericks_13E28_alex.zip

After using for long time version 3684 today i updated to 3948 and my wirelles card stoped working.I tried older version untill 3811 but none of them worked.

attachicon.gifDarwinDumper_3.0.2_27.11_18.30.28_MacBookPro5,1_Clover_X64_3684_Mavericks_13E28_alex.zipattachicon.gifDarwinDumper_3.0.2_27.11_22.10.10_MacBookPro5,1_Clover_X64_3948_Mavericks_13E28_alex.zip

Try r3949. And darwin dump please

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

While messing around with my laptop yesterday, Windows 10 decided to screw up something in the BIOS. Today I finally managed to get the laptop to boot again, but I couldn't get it to see Clover on the internal hard disk. It just wouldn't show up in the laptop's boot menu (only the Windows boot manager). It showed my copy of Clover on USB no problem.

I remembered that I used to use Clover Boot Options from Clover's boot menu to write it into the BIOS boot menu but now it only let me do this for the copy on USB (the only one I can boot) and not the one that I've installed to the hard disk. Previously, there would be multiple icons to set the boot options if more than one copy of Clover was installed. Now I only have one.

So I fished out an old copy of my Clover USB (r3320) and when I booted it up, there was the second Boot Options icon and I was able to write the Clover install on my internal drive into the BIOS boot menu. I guess it broke somewhere along the way?

Bumping this as I was just helping out someone who ran into the same issue. As it is now, if you install Clover from scratch you can only boot it from USB.

Since approximately rev392* the boot file can't seem to load CLOVERX64.efi and just stops in the gray bios like screen. From there I've tried loading the file manually but it fails as well without any kind of error message. I build my own version with:

2:880  0:000  Build with: [Args: -x64 -D USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D DISABLE_USB_SUPPORT -D CHECK_FLAGS -t XCODE5 | -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D DISABLE_USB_SUPPORT -D CHECK_FLAGS -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -n 9 | OS: 10.12.2 | XCODE: 8.1]

Restoring the boot file to rev 3922 solves the issue.

Since approximately rev392* the boot file can't seem to load CLOVERX64.efi and just stops in the gray bios like screen. From there I've tried loading the file manually but it fails as well without any kind of error message. I build my own version with:

2:880  0:000  Build with: [Args: -x64 -D USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D DISABLE_USB_SUPPORT -D CHECK_FLAGS -t XCODE5 | -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D DISABLE_USB_SUPPORT -D CHECK_FLAGS -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -n 9 | OS: 10.12.2 | XCODE: 8.1]

Restoring the boot file to rev 3922 solves the issue.

This is a bug of new EDK2. You built Clover with new EDK2 while latest working revision is 23152. 

Take my official version 3949 from sf.net to see it working.

• Like 1

Greetings from Rio!!!!

Since last week clover increased the boot time around 30 / 40 secs.

I did not change anything, using 3911... updated to 3949, and the same 30 secs more in boot.

Sometimes it stops at "HID: Legacy shim 2"... or "Setting BTCoex Config"... or something like "txpktpend"... it's totaly aleatory...

If someone can have a look at my Boot.log I would appreciate!  :)

bootlog.log.zip

This is a bug of new EDK2. You built Clover with new EDK2 while latest working revision is 23152. 

As you said, forcing edk2 to rev 23152 solved the issue. I haven't updated edk2 manually but Build_Clover.command is set to use 22837 by default. I'll tell Micky about the problem later.

Thanks a lot Slice.

Now I've got a question about translations. Can you (or any other developer) take a look at the installer's translations? The spanish one has been missing lately and I suspect many others were affected as well.

========= Translating Resources ========
/Users/osxuser/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/package/../../../../opt/local
Updating 'en' strings file for CloverUpdater... done
Updating 'en' strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
Updating strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
 (170 entries)
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/de.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/es.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/hr.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/ja.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/lv.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/pl.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/pt.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/pt-BR.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/ro.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/tr.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/uk.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/vi.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/zh_CN.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).
Discard ../sym/Resources/Clover/Resources/zh_TW.lproj/Localizable.strings (56 of 78 strings; only 71.79% translated; need 74%).

Greetings from Rio!!!!

Since last week clover increased the boot time around 30 / 40 secs.

I did not change anything, using 3911... updated to 3949, and the same 30 secs more in boot.

Sometimes it stops at "HID: Legacy shim 2"... or "Setting BTCoex Config"... or something like "txpktpend"... it's totaly aleatory...

If someone can have a look at my Boot.log I would appreciate!  :)

C u

22:473  0:000  DefaultIndex=0 and MainMenu.EntryCount=9
52:556  30:082  Boot option Boot0000 not found
52:556  0:000  === [ StartLoader ] =======================================

I will look the issue when I return home. But may be it depends on your NVRAM state? Overflow of Boot Options?

• Like 1

Thank you, Slice!!!!

But I'm not sure... 
It started to happen from nothing... One day I started my Hack and it become to act like that...
I never touched anything in config or even at the bios... and that config was working normal to me for the last years... strange...

As you said, forcing edk2 to rev 23152 solved the issue. I haven't updated edk2 manually but Build_Clover.command is set to use 22837 by default. I'll tell Micky about the problem later.

Sorry but the script is set to use edk2 r23226 :

EDK2_REV="23226" 

like in this commint: https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/3922/ (are 15 days that is so)

I think you need to update it: https://github.com/Micky1979/Build_Clover/blob/master/Build_Clover.command... but..

..was a typo in the above commint? should I downgrade the revision? thx

EDK2_REV="23226" 

like in this commint: https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/3922/ (are 15 days that is so)

I think you need to update it: https://github.com/Micky1979/Build_Clover/blob/master/Build_Clover.command... but..

You're right, it was 23226, don't know where I got that number. Sorry Micky.

Still, with edk2 23152 boot7 works fine on my PC, but with rev 23226 it fails. Am I perhaps alone in this? I'll try to re-download everything again, just to make sure it isn't a local problem.

hello

i'm using 23226 from commit 3922 add in 10.11.2016

without any problem build 3949

Are you building a custom boot7 file? Which args?

• Like 1

You're right, it was 23226, don't know where I got that number. Sorry Micky.

Still, with edk2 23152 boot7 works fine on my PC, but with rev 23226 it fails. Am I perhaps alone in this? I'll try to re-download everything again, just to make sure it isn't a local problem.

Are you building a custom boot7 file? Which args?

hello

no i'm not build that .. in first .. i'm using efi .. not legacy

but this is what i get

3949.zip

good hack

• Like 1

EDK2_REV="23226" 

Yes, downgrade as confirmed with other users.

The problem with legacy CloverEFI, files boot6 and boot7. File CloverX64.efi is probably good but I am not sure.

It seems to be not a bug. It is new EDK2 feature like "secure boot" applied to our boot.efi. We don't need it and I did not find what to do yet.

Stay with 23152 or may be 23200, don't know exactly.

• Like 4