Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

ok, I'll try later.

This happend to me too, once I had to enable nvidia drivers instead native one.

Note that "nvram -px" only shows what's recorded on NVRAM.

In case to clear all — attention: ALL — NVRAM data, type this (works fine):

# nvram -c

Also, it's possible to clear only nvda_drv, but I'm not sure that's really works:

# nvram -d nvda_drv = 1

This happend to me too, once I had to enable nvidia drivers instead native one.

Note that "nvram -px" only shows what's recorded on NVRAM.

In case to clear all — attention: ALL — NVRAM data, type this (works fine):

# nvram -c

Also, it's possible to clear only nvda_drv, but I'm not sure that's really works:

# nvram -d nvda_drv = 1

No, this is variable boot-args="nvda_drv=1" as string.

Hi Slice !

any help for this Greatly appreciate!

MacOS Sierra on Dell Précision 690 

2 x 2,66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor X5355  

img_0413.jpg

Guys, I've got a little issue with patching sound using Clover's inject Layout-ID feature.

So, long story short:
Motherboard: GA-Z170-Gaming-K3

Codec: ALC1150

I had to rename HDAS to HDEF to be able to even think of a patch. But looks like the Layout-ID injection doesn't work for this case (usually works, but not for this case, maybe because it's not HDEF by default?). I still have Layout-id=0 for some reason (including in Ioreg). And because of that...no sound.

Is there any other way I can patch the layout-id? Preferably without having to go deep into a kext or something else.

Is there a way to go like: Find this, replace with... kind of patch?

Guys, I've got a little issue with patching sound using Clover's inject Layout-ID feature.

So, long story short:

Motherboard: GA-Z170-Gaming-K3

Codec: ALC1150

I had to rename HDAS to HDEF to be able to even think of a patch. But looks like the Layout-ID injection doesn't work for this case (usually works, but not for this case, maybe because it's not HDEF by default?). I still have Layout-id=0 for some reason (including in Ioreg). And because of that...no sound.

Is there any other way I can patch the layout-id? Preferably without having to go deep into a kext or something else.

Is there a way to go like: Find this, replace with... kind of patch?

yep, you hav to replace it..

<key>Patches</key>            
<array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>HDAS to HDEF</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    SERBUw==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    SERFRg==
                    </data>
                </dict>
</array>

layout-id as always  :)

yep, you hav to replace it..

<key>Patches</key>            
<array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>HDAS to HDEF</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    SERBUw==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    SERFRg==
                    </data>
                </dict>
</array>

layout-id as always  :)

Well...you see, this is kind of the problem. :)

The rename is ok. So now I do have HDEF in ioreg, but the layout-id is still 0 (<00 00 00 00> to be exact) although it is set to be 1 in Devices-> Audio

<key>Devices</key><dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>

yes, sorry if seems a stupid question..

No, no. Don't worry. I'm really out of ideas. :))

But...unfortunately it didn't make any difference. Now I don't have Inject Audio in config and still Layout-id is 0 in ioreg.

But...unfortunately it didn't make any difference. Now I don't have Inject Audio in config and still Layout-id is 0 in ioreg.

Well, as I said nor the bootloader nor osx add this for you. So that is injected from a third party kext or from your ACPI tables. Can't be other way.

please run this command line here:             #10450            

kextstatx86 -n

report back

• Like 1

Well, as I said nor the bootloader nor osx add this for you. So that is injected from a third party kext or from your ACPI tables. Can't be other way.

please run this command line here:             #10450            

kextstatx86 -n

report back

Alright. Let's see... :)

Kextstat shows this:

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext (2.1.0) com.insanelymac.AtherosE2200Ethernet EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
IOHIDFamily.kext (2.0.0) com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext
AppleEFINVRAM.kext (2.0) com.apple.driver.AppleEFINVRAM /System/Library/Extensions/AppleEFIRuntime.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleEFINVRAM.kext
IOStorageFamily.kext (2.1) com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOStorageFamily.kext
AppleSMBusController.kext (1.0.14d1) com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusController /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBusController.kext
AppleMobileFileIntegrity.kext (1.0.5) com.apple.driver.AppleMobileFileIntegrity /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMobileFileIntegrity.kext
AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext (10.1.4) com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphics /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext
IOHDAFamily.kext (274.9) com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext
smbfs.kext (3.0.1) com.apple.filesystems.smbfs /System/Library/Extensions/smbfs.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext (2.8.5) com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext
Mach.kext (15.5.0) com.apple.kpi.mach /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext
corecrypto.kext (1.0) com.apple.kec.corecrypto /System/Library/Extensions/corecrypto.kext
IOBluetoothFamily.kext (4.4.5f3) com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext
BootCache.kext (38) com.apple.BootCache /System/Library/Extensions/BootCache.kext
IOAHCIFamily.kext (2.8.1) com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext
AppleEFIRuntime.kext (2.0) com.apple.driver.AppleEFIRuntime /System/Library/Extensions/AppleEFIRuntime.kext
AppleKeyStore.kext (2) com.apple.driver.AppleKeyStore /System/Library/Extensions/AppleKeyStore.kext
pmtelemetry.kext (1) com.apple.driver.pmtelemetry /System/Library/Extensions/pmtelemetry.kext
AppleRTC.kext (2.0) com.apple.driver.AppleRTC /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext
IOHDIXController.kext (417.4) com.apple.driver.DiskImages /System/Library/Extensions/IOHDIXController.kext
IOBluetoothSerialManager.kext (4.4.5f3) com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothSerialManager.kext
IOSurface.kext (108.2.1) com.apple.iokit.IOSurface /System/Library/Extensions/IOSurface.kext
AppleACPIButtons.kext (4.0) com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext
Libkern.kext (15.5.0) com.apple.kpi.libkern /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext
IOAudioFamily.kext (204.4) com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOAudioFamily.kext
AppleAPIC.kext (1.7) com.apple.driver.AppleAPIC /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAPIC.kext
CodecCommander.kext (2.4.0) org.tw.CodecCommander /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext
Unsupported.kext (15.5.0) com.apple.kpi.unsupported /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext
AppleFDEKeyStore.kext (28.30) com.apple.driver.AppleFDEKeyStore /System/Library/Extensions/AppleFDEKeyStore.kext
DspFuncLib.kext (274.9) com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext
AppleCredentialManager.kext (1.0) com.apple.driver.AppleCredentialManager /System/Library/Extensions/AppleCredentialManager.kext
AppleHDAController.kext (274.9) com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext
IOSerialFamily.kext (11) com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext
IOUSBHostFamily.kext (1.0.1) com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext
IOUSBFamily.kext (900.4.1) com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext (110.22.0) com.apple.driver.AGPM /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
IOACPIFamily.kext (1.4) com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOACPIFamily.kext
AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless.kext (1.0.0d1) com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless /System/Library/Extensions/AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless.kext
GeForceWeb.kext (10.1.1) com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceWeb.kext
autofs.kext (3.0) com.apple.filesystems.autofs /System/Library/Extensions/autofs.kext
X86PlatformPlugin.kext (1.0.0) com.apple.driver.X86PlatformPlugin /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext
triggers.kext (1.0) com.apple.kext.triggers /System/Library/Extensions/triggers.kext
vecLib.kext (1.2.0) com.apple.vecLib.kext /System/Library/Extensions/vecLib.kext
MACFramework.kext (15.5.0) com.apple.kpi.dsep /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext
AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext (3.6.1) com.apple.driver.AppleUpstreamUserClient /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext
AppleUSBXHCI.kext (1.0.1) com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCI.kext
IOUSBHostHIDDevice.kext (1.0.1) com.apple.driver.usb.IOUSBHostHIDDevice /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBHostHIDDevice.kext
IOGraphicsFamily.kext (2.4.1) com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOGraphicsFamily.kext
AppleHWSensor.kext (1.9.5d0) com.apple.driver.AppleHWSensor /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHWSensor.kext
AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext (1.0.1) com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext
AppleUSBHostMergeProperties.kext (1.0.1) com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHostMergeProperties /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBHostMergeProperties.kext
Sandbox.kext (300.0) com.apple.security.sandbox /System/Library/Extensions/Sandbox.kext
Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext (7.0.0) com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext
AppleGraphicsDeviceControl.kext (3.12.8) com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDeviceControl.kext
AppleAHCIPort.kext (3.1.8) com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext
Libm.kext (1) com.apple.kec.Libm /System/Library/Extensions/Libm.kext
ALF.kext (163) com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall /System/Library/Extensions/ALF.kext
AppleALC.kext (1.0.12) as.vit9696.AppleALC EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext
AppleHV.kext (1) com.apple.driver.AppleHV /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHV.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext (3.2) com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext
AppleUSBNetworking.kext (5.0.0) com.apple.driver.usb.networking /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBNetworking.kext
AppleUSBHostCompositeDevice.kext (1.0.1) com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHostCompositeDevice /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBHostCompositeDevice.kext
AppleOSXWatchdog.kext (1) com.apple.driver.AppleOSXWatchdog /System/Library/Extensions/AppleOSXWatchdog.kext
AppleUSBAudio.kext (303.3.1) com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBAudio.kext
Private.kext (15.5.0) com.apple.kpi.private /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext
IOUserEthernet.kext (1.0.1) com.apple.iokit.IOUserEthernet /System/Library/Extensions/IOUserEthernet.kext
NVDAResmanWeb.kext (10.1.1) com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResmanWeb.kext
AppleSMC.kext (3.1.9) com.apple.driver.AppleSMC /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMC.kext
IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext (6.0.0d7) com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext
IOSlowAdaptiveClockingFamily.kext (1.0.0) com.apple.iokit.IOSlowAdaptiveClockingFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOSlowAdaptiveClockingFamily.kext
Quarantine.kext (3) com.apple.security.quarantine /System/Library/Extensions/Quarantine.kext
X86PlatformShim.kext (1.0.0) com.apple.driver.X86PlatformShim /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformShim.kext
IOReportFamily.kext (31) com.apple.iokit.IOReportFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOReportFamily.kext
CoreCaptureResponder.kext (1) com.apple.driver.CoreCaptureResponder /System/Library/Extensions/CoreCaptureResponder.kext
AppleIntelSlowAdaptiveClocking.kext (4.0.0) com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSlowAdaptiveClocking /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSlowAdaptiveClocking.kext
FakeSMC.kext (1372) org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext
IOKit.kext (15.5.0) com.apple.kpi.iokit /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext
AppleUSBCDC.kext (5.0.0) com.apple.driver.usb.cdc /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBCDC.kext
AppleIntelPCHPMC.kext (1.1) com.apple.driver.AppleIntelPCHPMC /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelPCHPMC.kext
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext (10.1.4) com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
pthread.kext (1) com.apple.kec.pthread /System/Library/Extensions/pthread.kext
AppleMatch.kext (1.0.0d1) com.apple.kext.AppleMatch /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMatch.kext
IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext (205.10) com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2 /System/Library/Extensions/IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext
BSDKernel.kext (15.5.0) com.apple.kpi.bsd /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext
IONDRVSupport.kext (2.4.1) com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport /System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext
OSvKernDSPLib.kext (525) com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib /System/Library/Extensions/OSvKernDSPLib.kext
TMSafetyNet.kext (8) com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet /System/Library/Extensions/TMSafetyNet.kext
NVDAGM100HalWeb.kext (10.1.1) com.nvidia.web.NVDAGM100HalWeb /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAGM100HalWeb.kext
AppleSMBIOS.kext (2.1) com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext (4.0) com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext
IOPCIFamily.kext (2.9) com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext
AppleHDA.kext (274.9) com.apple.driver.AppleHDA /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
IOSMBusFamily.kext (1.1) com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOSMBusFamily.kext
corecapture.kext (1.0.4) com.apple.driver.corecapture /System/Library/Extensions/corecapture.kext
AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib.kext (1.0.0) com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib /System/Library/Extensions/AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib.kext
IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext (3.7.7) com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily /System/Library/Extensions/IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext
AppleHPET.kext (1.8) com.apple.driver.AppleHPET /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHPET.kext
AppleMCCSControl.kext (1.2.13) com.apple.driver.AppleMCCSControl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMCCSControl.kext
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

asradu try to remove AppleALC.kext and than look at the ioreg again :)

BTW I told you wirh -n option (non Apple kexts)...

Ouups! :D Sorry about that. I just ran the script as it was.

Here's the -n version of it:

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext (2.1.0) com.insanelymac.AtherosE2200Ethernet EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
CodecCommander.kext (2.4.0) org.tw.CodecCommander /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext
GeForceWeb.kext (10.1.1) com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceWeb.kext
AppleALC.kext (1.0.12) as.vit9696.AppleALC EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext
NVDAResmanWeb.kext (10.1.1) com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResmanWeb.kext
FakeSMC.kext (1372) org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext
NVDAGM100HalWeb.kext (10.1.1) com.nvidia.web.NVDAGM100HalWeb /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAGM100HalWeb.kext

I'll try without the AppleALC kext.... but...is there any way I can check the new behavior (in ioreg, after removing it) without having to restart my computer? I'm not near it right now (connected remotely) and if I restart it, I can't connect to it anymore. :D

No sorry, you have to restart and ensure the kext is not prelinked. ie boot w/o cache.

if already there post a DarwinDumper report.

Ok. Thing is...I'm using the same AppleALC kext on my own computer. True, it's not the same codec. But it's exactly the same kext. So...if there were a problem with it (as you said, it being responsible for layout-id=0 which I don't think it is since the dev also uses ALC1150 and he doesn't have this issue), shouldn't it be the same on my own PC, as well?

Just asking.

As for restarting...Well, I'll do it, but I won't be able to regain control over that pc until probably next week. :( And also, I can't boot without caches...remotely.

Well...you see, this is kind of the problem. :)

The rename is ok. So now I do have HDEF in ioreg, but the layout-id is still 0 (<00 00 00 00> to be exact) although it is set to be 1 in Devices-> Audio

<key>Devices</key><dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>

Clover's audio injection code does not support Skylake. You have to do it with /Devices/Arbitrary or ACPI.

• Like 1

I'm stating only that the layout-id, in real Macs, are injected only by the ACPI tables, DSDT or SSDTs... so if you have this property set in your hackintosh is not by case. Can't be there if the bootloader does not inject it or by your DSDT/SSDT or a third part extension. To me this looks clear.

• Like 1

Clover's audio injection code does not support Skylake. You have to do it with /Devices/Arbitrary or ACPI.

Cool. Good to know! So how do I do that? :D Can you please, point me to the right direction?

Also, can that code you're talking about be updated to support Skylake? If I can help with anything, I would be glad to do it.

Cool. Good to know! So how do I do that? :D Can you please, point me to the right direction?

Also, can that code you're talking about be updated to support Skylake? If I can help with anything, I would be glad to do it.

The /Devices/Arbitrary feature is documented in the Clover changes thread.

And there are numerous guides for ACPI patching...