Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

try this file. report

Still the same. I've tried to sort this in the past. If I replace boot.efi in S/L/CoreServices with the one from Yosemite it boots but then there is no control of SIP and the system becomes sluggish with isn't very good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks, more clear. @asradu can provide a dump (?), I'm curious.

And I have no idea why some SKL HDA uses class=040100, and others use class=040300. May be BIOS dependent...

For example, my SKL NUC6 uses 040300 so would probably work with Clover just fine (not using it as I'm using ACPI for injection, but...).

But I've seen quite a few other SKL boards (from helping others) that use the 040100.

Real Macs should unify those class somehow. If that happen.

The iMac17,1 uses 0403 but AppleHDAController was still changed to accommodate either. It could have been that prototypes in house at Apple were using 0401...

• Like 2

post-980913-0-23632200-1466270209_thumb.png

i found clover binary patch for snow leopard

this is AR9285 Local Patch "ATHR: unknown locale"

no need update rom in windows

AirPortAtheros21

FC 64 74 6D 77 0E 41 83

FC 64 EB 6D 77 0E 41 83

Enjoy :)

• Like 1

An EFI/Clover + Clover bootlog + ioreg should help clarify what is happening...

Looks like this one is using class=040100 as you can see in the log.

0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:1F.03) : 8086 A170 class=040100

Keep in mind that I didn't have HDEF by default. I had to rename it from HDAS. So maybe that's why Clover can't find what it's looking for.

Clover zip attached

Boot log attached

HDEF ioreg screenshot attached (sorry, can't attach the full ioreg).

Screenshot from DPCI Manager (looks like the device is properly recognized there)

post-1303722-0-69560800-1466272880_thumb.png post-1303722-0-46348500-1466272422_thumb.png 

boot.log.zip

CLOVER.zip

Keep in mind that I didn't have HDEF by default. I had to rename it from HDAS. So maybe that's why Clover can't find what it's looking for.

Clover zip attached

Boot log attached

HDEF ioreg screenshot attached (sorry, can't attach the full ioreg).

Screenshot from DPCI Manager (looks like the device is properly recognized there)

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-06-18 at 9.02.15 PM.png attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-06-18 at 1.22.34 PM.png

My Skylake laptop system works clover audio injection.

here

Config DSDT HDAS->HDEF Patch + Clover Audio Injection 28 layout + AppleALC custom builded for ALC255 by me.

i tried to test layout 28 to 1. i dont get sound. 28 is works. 

as result, clover surely works audio injection on my laptop.

i like it to use DSDT.aml patch or SSDT-HDEF.aml for Audio. 

post-980913-0-77792500-1466274215_thumb.png

here

Config DSDT HDAS->HDEF Patch + Clover Audio Injection 28 layout + AppleALC custom builded for ALC255 by me.

attachicon.gif스크린샷 2016-06-19 오전 3.23.38.png

Laptop and desktop chipsets might be different. :) Also, I can see the gorgeous girl in the background, but I can't see the layout-id in your screenshot. Which one do you think I'm most interested in right now? :))

• Like 1

This is the exact case I was referring to... You cannot use config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject with the Clover code in its current state.

Someone with checkin privs for Clover can fix it (it is a relatively trivial change).

Or you can use Devices/Arbitrary or ACPI to inject layout-id.

here

attachicon.gif스크린샷 2016-06-19 오전 3.23.38.png

Note class-code... With ioreg showing <00 03 04 00> Clover injection via config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject expected to work.

Contrast to the <00 01 04 00> as seen in post #10482.

• Like 1

This is the exact case I was referring to... You cannot use config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject with the Clover code in its current state.

Someone with checkin privs for Clover can fix it (it is a relatively trivial change).

Note class-code... With ioreg showing <00 03 04 00> Clover injection via config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject expected to work.

Contrast to the <00 01 04 00> as seen in post #10482.

Screenshot

post-980913-0-87911000-1466275181_thumb.png

Well, maybe @Slice can have a look? :D

I'm sure it's a trivial change. And I'm attempting an Arbitrary kind of fix, as well. Still, I'm not sure I need all that. Maybe someone with more experience can take a look?

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arbitrary</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>PciAddr</key>
				<string>00:1F.03</string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Realtek ALC1150</string>
				<key>CustomProperties</key>
				<array>
					<dict>
						<key>Key</key>
						<string>model</string>
						<key>Value</key>
						<string>Realtek ALC1150</string>
					</dict>
					<dict>
						<key>Key</key>
						<string>built-in</string>
						<key>Value</key>
						<data>AQAAAA==</data>
					</dict>
					<dict>
						<key>Key</key>
						<string>layout-id</string>
						<key>Value</key>
						<string>1</string>
					</dict>
				</array>
			</dict>
		</array>

Also, I can use device-properties injection, as well, as Riley suggested a few posts ago and see if that helps.

Still, I think the best way and the easiest way and probably the way that most people are gonna use with Clover, is the Devices/Audio/Inject method.

So, if someone with RW access could commit the changes necessary to get this fixed on Clover side, I would really, really appreciate it! That would be really awesome!! I know it's a trivial change. But for a trivial change, you don't have sound... :)) As someone said, sometimes, the smallest things can cause the biggest problems. :)

Hope someone (maybe Slice? :D) can make the changes to get this fixed.

RehabMan, big thanks for all your help so far.

@asradu can you please run "Jarvis" using AppleHDA Patcher and report back with /Desktop/MironeAudio/Jarvis contents?

(Sorry for the funny name.. but I'm going to automate the process as much as possible due to some adventures with users)

Will do. Hoooold on! :D

Update:

Jarvis attached.

jarvis.zip

• Like 1

Thanks!! Why don't use an HDAEnabler.kext directly from EFI/CLOVER/kexts?

Cause...I never thought about it? :) What exactly does that do? It enables HDA. That's why it's called an enabler. Ok, but how? I never knew.

inject the layout-id.  :hysterical:

LOL. Couldn't you say that like 20 posts ago?? Maybe yesterday too? :))

Ok, will give that one a try, as well. So I can use the HDAEnabler from the bucket of goodies that the AppleHDA Patcher created on my Desktop?

Well, maybe @Slice can have a look? :D

I'm sure it's a trivial change. And I'm attempting an Arbitrary kind of fix, as well. Still, I'm not sure I need all that. Maybe someone with more experience can take a look?

You can use /Devices/Arbitrary with layout-id injected as a "integer" or "data", but not "string" as you have.

• Like 1

LOL. Couldn't you say that like 20 posts ago?? Maybe yesterday too? :))

Ok, will give that one a try, as well. So I can use the HDAEnabler from the bucket of goodies that the AppleHDA Patcher created on my Desktop?

Give EFI folders and Alc1150 kext

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

You can use /Devices/Arbitrary with layout-id injected as a "integer" or "data", but not "string" as you have.

Yes, for that method, I'll probably go with integer. Thanks for spotting that. :) For data, I need to encode it in Base64 right?

Any idea what is AQAAAA== ? Base64encode.org shows a bunch of question marks when trying to decode that. Also, do I need it for "built-in" property? My ioreg already has a built-in property set to <00>.

Also do I need a "model" property for this case? Is there a model for this audio controller? I couldn't find a model for the HDEF in ioreg. But maybe I'm not looking at the right place.

Yes, for that method, I'll probably go with integer. For data, I need to encode it in Base64 right?

Any idea what is AQAAAA== ? Base64encode.org shows a bunch of question marks when trying to decode that. Also, do I need it for "built-in" property?

Also do I need a "model" property for this case? Is there a model for this audio controller? I couldn't find a model for the HDEF in ioreg. But maybe I'm not looking at the right place.

SPEEDY-OSX:probook.git RehabMan$ echo -n AQAAAA==|base64 --decode|xxd
0000000: 0100 0000                                ....
You really should use a plist editor...