Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

KernelAndKextPatches->Debug=true  is already set

attachicon.gifkernel.log.zip

I'll reboot with FakeID and then post my full DarwinDumper report

edit: attachicon.gifDarwinDumper_2.9.8_Clover_X64_3229_Unknown_fantomas1.zip

OK.

As I see your DSDT doesn't contain graphic device (as it should be, because BIOS doesn't know if you insert it)

Device (P0P2)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)  // _ADR: Address
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
                {
                    Return (GPRW (0x09, 0x04))
                }
            }

For this reason FakeID is not working. IOPCIFamily.kext created new device with RealID.

Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 21.06.04.png

But kexts don't want to attach to such cards

So I recommend you also set DSDT patches FixDisplay_0100

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixHPET_0010</key>
				<true/>
				<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>DeleteUnused_400000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FIX_ADP1_800000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>AddPNLF_1000000</key>
				<true/>

• Like 2

As I see your DSDT doesn't contain graphic device (as it should be, because BIOS doesn't know if you insert it)

I have an old config... but works fine with all recent OS X versions... and without dsdt and I never had to use it... InfoPlist patch always worked fine!!!

if you take a look on my topic here: http://www.insanelym...ericksyosemite/ my 6770 works fine with dsdt injection and don't have to use InfoPlist patch but it also works fine with InfoPlist patch without dsdt.

edit: I found my dsdt that I used before discovering Clover's InfoPlist patch and it works as before

dsdt.aml.zip

but I want my Clover's InfoPlist patch!!!   smiley-pleure.gif

• Like 1

You don't have to use custom dsdt  just add to your config.plist  what Slice suggested to make FakeID work.

maybe I misspoke... I just wanted to tell that my custom dsdt does the same job as FakeID

when I said earlier that FakeID did not work, it's because I forgot to put the patches that slice suggested after... I apologize!

and when I did it, FakeID worked fine   ;)

but my problem is not FakeID... it's more about InfoPlist patching on the fly 

anyway, thank you for your reply... I really appreciate   ^_^

• Like 1

maybe I misspoke... I just wanted to tell that my custom dsdt does the same job as FakeID

when I said earlier that FakeID did not work, it's because I forgot to put the patches that slice suggested after... I apologize!

and when I did it, FakeID worked fine   ;)

but my problem is not FakeID... it's more about InfoPlist patching on the fly 

anyway, thank you for your reply... I really appreciate   ^_^

Is I understand you that info.plist patch working in ML stop working in ElCapitan?

• Like 1

hi slice   :)

no, it worked also fine with Yosemite until 10.10.3 (I'm not sure)... so it's something related to new versions of Clover... but unfortunately I can't remember which was the version that I used at this moment.

as you can see in this topic , InfoPlist patch works fine in ML / Mavericks / Yosemite... I just stopped to update it because there was nothing new about... as the patch still worked fine.

and about the new method of InfoPlist patching... what really changed compared to the old method and why? what was the version of Clover that this method has been implemented?

on my humble point of view, Clover is really a powerful bootloader and my favorite feature is InfoPlist patching on the fly... this is why I insist to know why it does not work for me...and also I would like that other members who use this feature come here and share their feedback to see if it is a problem only related to me or to a more larger circle of users. 

anyway, I really appreciate your help Slice and all your involvement in this Clover project...   ^_^

fantomas1

• Like 1

and about the new method of InfoPlist patching... what really changed compared to the old method and why? what was the version of Clover that this method has been implemented?

From post#48 in the Clover V2 Instructions thread, Clover r3154 introduced new changes to Info.Plist patching:

"Since rev.3154 I should set more strict rules to have a success."

• Like 2

no, it worked also fine with Yosemite until 10.10.3 (I'm not sure)... so it's something related to new versions of Clover... but unfortunately I can't remember which was the version that I used at this moment.

as you can see in this topic , InfoPlist patch works fine in ML / Mavericks / Yosemite... I just stopped to update it because there was nothing new about... as the patch still worked fine.

on my humble point of view, Clover is really a powerful bootloader and my favorite feature is InfoPlist patching on the fly... this is why I insist to know why it does not work for me...and also I would like that other members who use this feature come here and share their feedback to see if it is a problem only related to me or to a more larger circle of users. 

anyway, I really appreciate your help Slice and all your involvement in this Clover project...   ^_^

fantomas1

Sometime ago I found a bug in Info.plist patching: if a search pattern contains two lines then it should take into account invisible characters like end_of_line and line_feed. So the patching was impossible for such cases.

So why I implemented more advanced method including ignoring invisible characters and shifted results to fit initial buffer.

Sure I carefully checked what I did and what is the result. I debugged this method before committed it.

Anyway I can't exclude a mistakes. I just want to know what they are to be able to correct.

It's a pity there are no other developers interested in this procedure now.

• Like 2

Hello to devs i have a question (request).
Is it possible that kext patching can be OS specific as with the same configuration i can boot 10.10 but i have a reboot with 10.11 and the problem is Applehda.kext patch.Something like:

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>ALC889 Codec</string>
				<key>OS version</key>
				<data>10.10</data>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>ixnUEQ==</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>iQjsEA==</data>
			</dict>

Hey, I'm new in the forum sorry if i'm asking a stupid question but,

Has anyone succeded on booting OS X El Capitan DP1 with an Intel HD Graphics 4000? I'm having this problem since Yosemite although everything works fine using Chameleon with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but never seemed to work properly with Clover, the screen goes black when it boots. I've never used Clover before, but I suppose Intel HD Graphics 4000 should be natively supported by OS X, and i've never had a problem using it with Chameleon. I'm using a simple laptop with an i3 3217U Ivy Brigde chipset.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm new in the forum sorry if i'm asking a stupid question but,

Has anyone succeded on booting OS X El Capitan DP1 with an Intel HD Graphics 4000? I'm having this problem since Yosemite although everything works fine using Chameleon with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but never seemed to work properly with Clover, the screen goes black when it boots. I've never used Clover before, but I suppose Intel HD Graphics 4000 should be natively supported by OS X, and i've never had a problem using it with Chameleon. I'm using a simple laptop with an i3 3217U Ivy Brigde chipset.

HD 4000 is totally compatible, use this settings in your config.plist:

qYc.png

• Like 2

Allan,

In the plist, is that for Chameleon or Clover?

Also will that enable QE/CI?

Is for Clover/config.plist

Yes, if this is the right value for you, QE/CI will be enable without problems.

Anyone experiencing waking from sleepimage to a black screen with working keyboard and soundon on a laptop , but no image on display after laptop resumes from hibernate?

It requires a semi-sleep cycle via closing the lid and re-opening it back up to get to the login window. This is with hibernate mode set to 7 and AptioFix2. I recall it worked a treat before, but since then I've only changed my EDID override and progressively updated Clover. Not something that you encounter on a daily basis, so I haven't noticed the precise moment is stopped working properly. 

• Like 1

I use Clover on USB Flash

Does it possible to make it run SomeTool_x64.efi on x64 architecture and SomeTool_ia32.efi on ia32 architecture?

Does it possible to make CloverEFI run rEFInd loader instead of CloverGUI ?

I use Clover on USB Flash

Does it possible to make it run SomeTool_x64.efi on x64 architecture and SomeTool_ia32.efi on ia32 architecture?

Does it possible to make CloverEFI run rEFInd loader instead of CloverGUI ?

Yes, you can run any efi application under CloverEFI. There are two ways to do this:

1. Start Shell.efi from Clover interface and start the efi application from command line.

2. Create custom entry related to the application.

You can start any efi application instead of CloverGUI if rename the application to be /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI

fantomas1

The same here, worked perfectly until the advanced version.

No errors, the log shows me "KextToPatch 1: AppleSDXC Info.plist patch, data len: 29" but still not working.