Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I just updated to Clover_v2.3k_r3193 from Sourceforge and it totally messed up my boot.

After I was ablt to boot using a flash drive I can see that the installer only has an option for CloverEFI 32-bits. There is no option for CloverEFI 64-bits or, what I need, CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO.

Where can we go to see what changes are made to ewach version? There doesn't seem to be one place to see chnages version to veresion.

Sorry, I was not attentive.

Now I reloaded good version 3193.  

Update again!

Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 7.02.40.png

• Like 1

Thanx Slice, but with this lasr release i reach the boot screen when choosing the partition disc to boot, then I a have an hanging black screen.

I'm not an uefi user, i have a maxwell 750 gtx nvidia so if I boot into uefi mode i got black screen from the start, cause the bios of this gpu isnt supported I guess. Anyway booting the standard way (not uefi) worked fine till 3185 version if need further files to investigate I can attach you.

Thanx for your support

Hey guys who could help me set up clover on my computer? Me and a friend of mine (who's been using clover for over a few years I'd imagine) has been trying to configure it correctly and it never worked out. I'm willing to give as much info as possible.

Currently running on Chameleon,

Booting legacy bios, i5, HD3000, everything is working perfectly except the sleep.

Hi, I'm experiencing a problem with the Timeout setting set to 0, and selecting a default startup disk in OS X settings. Rather than booting automatically to this entry as the wiki suggests, Clover is just loading the gui and doing nothing (as would be expected from Timeout -1?). Clover is recognising the entry selected in OS X preferences as that entry is hilighted.

Will appreciate your help and advice!

Hi, I'm experiencing a problem with the Timeout setting set to 0, and selecting a default startup disk in OS X settings. Rather than booting automatically to this entry as the wiki suggests, Clover is just loading the gui and doing nothing (as would be expected from Timeout -1?). Clover is recognising the entry selected in OS X preferences as that entry is hilighted.

Will appreciate your help and advice!

That happened to me when using the embedded theme or text mode.

If that's the case, install any theme from the installer package and keep the timeout set to 0. It should work as expected.

Slice already knows about this and is searching for a fix...

That happened to me when using the embedded theme or text mode.

If that's the case, install any theme from the installer package and keep the timeout set to 0. It should work as expected.

Slice already knows about this and is searching for a fix...

That worked thanks :) However do you find that holding down any key works to bring up the GUI, or do you have to spam keys quickly in order to bring the menu up?

However do you find that holding down any key works to bring up the GUI, or do you have to spam keys quickly in order to bring the menu up?

If you mean getting the Clover menu to show on boot when timeout is at 0, I find holding down spacebar until the grey screen loads works every time.

Using the latest clover - 3193

After a year of my mothers Mavericks install i decided today to set up Yosemite... 5 hours later everything works except ethernet and i cannot see what i am doing wrong...

i started off with my config that worked in Mavericks but it the kext for the atheros 1851 isn't working or injected or something...

I then went with the generated config and still the same non working ethernet... trying to eliminate what it could be...

i have no dsdt... never really gone down that route from scratch before...

to say the least i am in the bad books so need to get this working asap... as she is without a computer essentially...

i have attached the two configs and then a picture of my clover setup...

her set up is 

z77 d3h

ssd harddrive

help.zip

Using the latest clover - 3193

After a year of my mothers Mavericks install i decided today to set up Yosemite... 5 hours later everything works except ethernet and i cannot see what i am doing wrong...

i started off with my config that worked in Mavericks but it the kext for the atheros 1851 isn't working or injected or something...

I will go with unsigned .kext problem so it does not load try using the kext-dev-mode=1 as a boot argument to test my theory. Perhaps with a -f on the end to make sure every .kext gets reloaded when booting.

I will go with unsigned .kext problem so it does not load try using the kext-dev-mode=1 as a boot argument to test my theory. Perhaps with a -f on the end to make sure every .kext gets reloaded when booting.

-f is a Chameleon flag. It does nothing with Clover.

Press a space and choose "boot without cache".

Unfortunately already have that in the arguments for boot...

Booted without caches and still no luck...

Any more ideas?

Are you trying to inject the kext from the EFI partition? I've found ethernet injection from EFI to be hit-and-miss even when IONetworkingFamily.kext is included.

If you are, then either make sure you're using the IONetworkingFamily from Yosemite or just install the Atheros kext to /S/L/E.

• Like 1

Are you trying to inject the kext from the EFI partition? I've found ethernet injection from EFI to be hit-and-miss even when IONetworkingFamily.kext is included.

If you are, then either make sure you're using the IONetworkingFamily from Yosemite or just install the Atheros kext to /S/L/E.

well just tried it with IONetworkingFamily.kext but no change...

then tried it dumping the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext in SLE and looking at system information it is not loaded and not signed...

Just dropping the kext into /S/L/E won't work. Use a tool like Kext Wizard to set the correct permissions/ownership and to rebuild the kextcache. If it still doesn't load then maybe it's not compatible?

If you pull up the console and look through the system log you can see if it mentions where/why the kext is failing.

Just dropping the kext into /S/L/E won't work. Use a tool like Kext Wizard to set the correct permissions/ownership and to rebuild the kextcache. If it still doesn't load then maybe it's not compatible?

If you pull up the console and look through the system log you can see if it mentions where/why the kext is failing.

i used kext wizard then rebuilt the cache...

its a Z77 d3H and all i have read that that is the correct kext for ethernet...

according to console -

...... atherosL1cEthernet.kext is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Sounds like it might be loading ok then. Check the Network preferences. Sometimes that can get messed up. If there's already an entry there for ethernet try deleting it and re-adding. Or delete the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. Then check the preferences again and add the ethernet device.

Sounds like it might be loading ok then. Check the Network preferences. Sometimes that can get messed up. If there's already an entry there for ethernet try deleting it and re-adding. Or delete the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. Then check the preferences again and add the ethernet device.

but system info says it isn't loaded...

Attach IOReg.

thanks toleda... 

been at it most of the day and got the ethernet working with another text that was very similar but slightly different size...

been working on the config for a while - got trim enabled and the icons...

just two things left - 

the EFI is not automatically mounting with version 3193...

Also i have no idea with a Nvidia 620 why it only boots with Nvidia = true, should be OTB, this has only been the case since i have gotten trim to work...

attached is the config if anyone can see why...

config.plist.zip

If you mean getting the Clover menu to show on boot when timeout is at 0, I find holding down spacebar until the grey screen loads works every time.

After further investigation I've found that this only works from a cold boot, during a system restart there is no way to access the boot loader.

First off, I'm using legacy boot.  The other day I upgraded clover from 3188 to 3193 and my computer would no longer boot.  I would see something on the screen along the lines of "....init L" then it would immediately reboot.  I replaced the 'boot' file using the one from 3188 and now I can boot again.  

Any ideas on why this happened?

Thanks.