Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I matched his config.plist from 1942 exactly. He had that fix mask before and it worked. Please remove clover entirely from the usb, in fact just format it to fat32. then try again please with installer and config.plist you have from me, if needed adjust your fix mask if you need/want less.

EDIT: If you have clover on any other partitions you should also remove them. Don't format your partition if it has other loaders on there, ie, its your EFI System partition (ESP).

I have formated my usb to fat32 and installed clover versions 2236 and 2298 from working mavericks and copied your config.plist, kexts, dsdt.aml and apic-p.aml as I said in previous post.

Still it hangs after root uuid .. line.

I have working clover in a hard disk EFI partition of 1942 version.

I am booting from usbstick.

Do you think the clover in that partition will affect working of clover from usb?

Yes it is possible, I want to make sure it's not some sort of confusion about where it's located. Also I saw on projectosx, you said you had osxlowmemfix and osxaptiofix, you can only use one of these at a time, please choose the one that works better.

apianti, any news for that f..ing problem ?

Oh man which problem? I got like twenty on my mind currently..... But I'm devoting most of my time to getting secure boot up and working.

Hello everybody,

I recently updated my BIOS from F10 to F14 on my GA-H77-D3H. Wanted to get a fresh install to work but I'm confused. Clover itself boots fine with UEFI. But as soon as I load my disk I get a black screen without any information (that is in verbose mode!!). When I add the OsxAptioFixDrv I get one line that says

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

and there it stops. So even being in verbose I get actually no process at all. I tried to read the debug.log but I seriously cannot get any idea from it. From my point of view it just suddenly stops. I must say Clover is still pretty hard to handle. I will attach my debug.log hoping for some help/tips/ideas/feedback.

Thanks in advance!

debug.txt

Hello everybody,

I recently updated my BIOS from F10 to F14 on my GA-H77-D3H. Wanted to get a fresh install to work but I'm confused. Clover itself boots fine with UEFI. But as soon as I load my disk I get a black screen without any information (that is in verbose mode!!). When I add the OsxAptioFixDrv I get one line that says

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

and there it stops. So even being in verbose I get actually no process at all. I tried to read the debug.log but I seriously cannot get any idea from it. From my point of view it just suddenly stops. I must say Clover is still pretty hard to handle. I will attach my debug.log hoping for some help/tips/ideas/feedback.

Thanks in advance!

You recently updated your BIOS. Did you updated your DSDT? I see you use fixed one. This is not good for IvyBridge platform. DSDT is changed dynamically and it may turn your process into darkness.

Try to do

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>BIOS.aml</string>
			<key>FixMask</key>
			<string>0xFFDF</string>
		</dict>
		<key>DropTables</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>DMAR</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>SSDT</string>
				<key>TableId</key>
				<string>CpuPm</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>SSDT</string>
				<key>TableId</key>
				<string>Cpu0Ist</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
		<key>HaltEnabler</key>
		<true/>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>DropOem</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Yes it is possible, I want to make sure it's not some sort of confusion about where it's located. Also I saw on projectosx, you said you had osxlowmemfix and osxaptiofix, you can only use one of these at a time, please choose the one that works better.

Oh man which problem? I got like twenty on my mind currently..... But I'm devoting most of my time to getting secure boot up and working.

Always hd3000 and memory space ;)

You recently updated your BIOS. Did you updated your DSDT? I see you use fixed one. This is not good for IvyBridge platform. DSDT is changed dynamically and it may turn your process into darkness.

Hello Slice,

thank you for your consideration. Yes I extracted the .F14 DSDT with Linux and fixed it. Do you have any links regarding the DSDT being changed by IvyBridge? Sounds interesting.

I tried to apply your settings into my config.plist and deleted my custom DSDT from EFI drive. Sadly nothing changed, still stops at the same moment and the debug cuts off at the same line. The one thing I can see is that the DSDT is now patched by Clover.

config.plist.zip

debug.log.zip

Dear Clover's guru, can you kindly help me?

Hi guys I'm new to Clover coming from Chamelon, I need some advice please:

-My main system is Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIIFI, I5-4670k, 8GB Ram, Gigabyte GTX650Ti + Monitor 2560x1440, HD4600 Enabled, Bios Setting optimized with Turbo OC, installed Clover 2298 with SSDT and DSDT

-Problem 1: WIth Bios UEFI setting CSM support system won't boot, reboot when I see Apple logo, with CSM support no problem.

Tested many option with and without GTX650Ti, MacPro5,1 SMBIOS.

-Problem 2: Hwmonitor has CPU multiplier 8x but CPU 792 mhz, why? No problem with Chamelon.

-This is my config.log:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict><key>DisableDrivers</key><array><string>Nothing</string></array><key>GUI</key><dict><key>Language</key><string>it:0</string><key>ScreenResolution</key><string>1920x1080</string><key>Theme</key><string>Mavs Style</string><key>Mouse</key><dict><key>Enabled</key><false/></dict><key>Scan</key><true/><key>Hide</key><array><string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string></array></dict><key>Devices</key><dict><key>Audio</key><dict><key>Inject</key><string>No</string></dict><key>USB</key><dict><key>Inject</key><false/><key>FixOwnership</key><false/></dict></dict><key>ACPI</key><dict><key>DSDT</key><dict><key>Debug</key><false/><key>ReuseFFFF</key><false/><key>Name</key><string>DSDT.aml</string><key>DropOEM_DSM</key><false/></dict></dict><key>Boot</key><dict><key>DefaultVolume</key><string>MacHDD</string><key>Legacy</key><string>PBR</string><key>Log</key><false/><key>Timeout</key><integer>5</integer><key>XMPDetection</key><string>No</string></dict><key>RtVariables</key><dict><key>LogEveryBoot</key><string>10</string><key>LogLineCount</key><integer>3000</integer></dict><key>SMBIOS</key><dict><key>BoardType</key><integer>11</integer><key>ChassisType</key><integer>6</integer><key>BiosReleaseDate</key><string>10/07/10</string><key>Version</key><string>1.0</string><key>SerialNumber</key><string>XXXXXXXXX</string><key>Manufacturer</key><string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string><key>BoardManufacturer</key><string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string><key>ChassisAssetTag</key><string>Pro-Enclosure</string><key>BiosVendor</key><string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string><key>ChassisManufacturer</key><string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string><key>BiosVersion</key><string>MP51.88Z.007F.B03.1010071432</string><key>Board-ID</key><string>Mac-F221BEC8</string><key>Family</key><string>Mac Pro</string><key>ProductName</key><string>MacPro5,1</string></dict></dict></plist>
-drivers64UEFI are: HFSPlus.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

-It's all ok?

-It's correct MacPro SMBios for this system?

-I have one second system Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIIFI, I5-3570k, 8GB Ram, HD4600 Enabled, Bios Setting optimized with Turbo OC, installed Clover 2298 with SSDT and DSDT, i'm testing Clover today without any problem (I think), same settings but MacMini6,1 SMBIOS.

Thanks for help.

Dear Clover's guru, can you kindly help me?

1. If it boots with CSM on, why turn it off? I am sorry but you are not clear in that question.

2. For some strange reason, with both Clover and Chameleon for me, the CPU base clock holds at 99MHz. I had to manually specify 100MHz in the BIOS (instead of keeping it to automatic) for it to work properly.

1)Because I read that usually advised disable CSM and in my other system Z77 works without (Now my main system is Z87)

2)Good advice, I try and let you know!

3)This is my config file, is good for my system Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIIFI, I5-4670k, 8GB Ram, Gigabyte GTX650Ti + Monitor 2560x1440, HD4600 Enabled, Bios Setting optimized with Turbo OC, installed Clover 2298 with SSDT and DSDT?

Drivers64UEFI are: HFSPlus.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

It's correct MacPro SMBios for this system?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DisableDrivers</key>
<array>
<string>Nothing</string>
</array>
<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
<key>Language</key>
<string>it:0</string>
<key>ScreenResolution</key>
<string>1920x1080</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Mavs Style</string>
<key>Mouse</key>
<dict>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>Scan</key>
<true/>
<key>Hide</key>
<array>
<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
</array>
</dict>
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<false/>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>DSDT.aml</string>
<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>MacHDD</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>5</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>LogEveryBoot</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>LogLineCount</key>
<integer>3000</integer>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>BoardType</key>
<integer>11</integer>
<key>ChassisType</key>
<integer>6</integer>
<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
<string>10/07/10</string>
<key>Version</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>XXXXXXXXX</string>
<key>Manufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
<string>Pro-Enclosure</string>
<key>BiosVendor</key>
<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>MP51.88Z.007F.B03.1010071432</string>
<key>Board-ID</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>
<key>Family</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacPro5,1</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks ameris cyning!

1. If it boots with CSM then its a very good possibility that everything is good to go. You can keep it.

2. SMBioses are a matter of preference for most. Me, for example, I use iMac13,2 for cosmetic reasons as my iMac is my monitor. SMBioses can affect certain things in OS X. For example, if you have a patched AppleHDA, this wouldn't be a good SMbios to have because of the power saving mode that has the speakers pop. As I use an Audigy 4, it does not matter.

I also using external sound card (Apogee Duet or Aune T1) but when I used macmini6,1 SMBios I had installed "AntiPop", but... are you using Creative PCI sound card??!!!! very strange, congratulations for idea!

One last question...should use SSDT and DSDT? I had read Pike's website that some things have changed for the CPU management of with Mavericks, I think that SSDT is not more useful, I see no difference with and without, and in my case the DSDT has no utility (except for small kext that I have not used with DSDT).

I have read on the web that even the real mac using DSDT and SSDT possible? One of my curiosity is if is better to use them or not

I also using external sound card (Apogee Duet or Aune T1) but when I used macmini6,1 SMBios I had installed "AntiPop", but... are you using Creative PCI sound card??!!!! very strange, congratulations for idea!

One last question...should use SSDT and DSDT? I had read Pike's website that some things have changed for the CPU management of with Mavericks, I think that SSDT is not more useful, I see no difference with and without, and in my case the DSDT has no utility (except for small kext that I have not used with DSDT).

I have read on the web that even the real mac using DSDT and SSDT possible? One of my curiosity is if is better to use them or not

I would prefer something a bit more current as the Audigy 4 is 8 years old, but unfortunately drivers are lacking. I really would love to get an Asus Xonar. Even though its 8 years old it is still much better than my onboard.

As for SSDT, I really don't mess around with it. I don't really care about power management. Its not important at all for me. As for using a custom DSDT, let Clover handle it. Clover does an excellent job with DSDT fixes. And, its damn easy to specify DSDT hacks in your Config.plist.

Well I still have much work to do to test and learn :)

Sorry for OT, I'm fan of quality DAC or sound card but I don't know that PCI card works on OS X, if works Sound Blaster ZXR is my dream, I always used USB card now I'm testing Teac UD H01 really love Texas Instruments PCM179X DAC! Also Focusrite Forte (CS4398) is lovely sound card but not cheap.

If I can help with advice for DAC or sound card please contact me.

Well I still have much work to do to test and learn :)

Sorry for OT, I'm fan of quality DAC or sound card but I don't know that PCI card works on OS X, if works Sound Blaster ZXR is my dream, I always used USB card now I'm testing Teac UD H01 really love Texas Instruments PCM179X DAC! Also Focusrite Forte (CS4398) is lovely sound card but not cheap.

Sound has always frustrated me in OS X.

The lack of drivers for pretty much everything really sucks. I don't like USB audio because it is prone to interference, and, from my experience, the SNR is usually lower than 100db.

Took me many months of messing around to come to a conclusion that this sound card was the best option.

I really want to use HDMI audio but the lack of a volume slider and the fact that the audio cuts out when the screen sleeps makes it a no-go for me.

Thanks. I tried that also. Still it hangs after root uuid line.

Hey guys!

Small request from us Haswell folk.

Any way to have Clover do a hex patch on the kernel at boot?

The reason has to do with Haswell motherboards are instant rebooting due to a KP that can be solved with an on-the-fly patch.

Plus, there will be an added bonus for Atom users who have to patch their kernel, too

It could be a flag type thing, like 

<key>PatchHaswell</key>

<True/>

Hey guys!

Small request from us Haswell folk.

Any way to have Clover do a hex patch on the kernel at boot?

The reason has to do with Haswell motherboards are instant rebooting due to a KP that can be solved with an on-the-fly patch.

Plus, there will be an added bonus for Atom users who have to patch their kernel, too

It could be a flag type thing, like 

PatchHaswell

I think you should take into account commit 2322

case CPU_MODEL_IVY_BRIDGE:
           case CPU_MODEL_HASWELL:
           case CPU_MODEL_IVY_BRIDGE_E5:  
+          case CPU_MODEL_HASWELL_MB:
+          case CPU_MODEL_HASWELL_ULT:
+          case CPU_MODEL_HASWELL_ULX:

running 10.9 with clover and fcing a new issue.

1. the sysem will go to sleep but fan still turns. reboot, don't change anything, put to sleep, then it will sleep. fan turns off.

2. when I wake the machine, sometimes it will wake fine, but most of times when it wakes, the system hangs as wifi is trying to get signal. i see kairportstatusonkey.

?

3. when I have system woke up and got to normal operation mode (woken up successfully), then on second attempt of sleep, the system sleeps, then reboots by itself when I tried to wake it up.

I have bios board Z68AP-D3 with i5-2500k. didnt have any of these issues until 10.8 with chameleon. would this be maverick issue or clover issue?

1. the sysem will go to sleep but fan still turns. reboot, don't change anything, put to sleep, then it will sleep. fan turns off.

2. when I wake the machine, sometimes it will wake fine, but most of times when it wakes, the system hangs as wifi is trying to get signal. i see kairportstatusonkey.

?

3. when I have system woke up and got to normal operation mode (woken up successfully), then on second attempt of sleep, the system sleeps, then reboots by itself when I tried to wake it up.

I have bios board Z68AP-D3 with i5-2500k. didnt have any of these issues until 10.8 with chameleon. would this be maverick issue or clover issue?

This is ACPI issue. May be Mavericks works with it somehow different.

You also can compare DSDT and other tables booting with Chameleon and with Clover.

And you may check some patches in Clover

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>SlpSmiAtWake</key>
			<false/>
			<key>SuspendOverride</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>HaltEnabler</key>
		<false/>
		<key>ResetAddress</key>
		<string>0x64</string>
		<key>ResetValue</key>
		<string>0xFE</string>
	</dict>

As well as p-|c-|states generator, DSDT patches, and so on.

?

I have a Z68AP-D3 (rev1) too and everything works perfectly, even wake from sleep. On my ACPI section I only have SSDT->DropOem, nothing else is necessary for this mobo.

Also I boot it with UEFI (possible thanks to the {censored} hybrid bios) so maybe the problem only appears on legacy mode?

I have a Z68AP-D3 (rev1) too and everything works perfectly, even wake from sleep. On my ACPI section I only have SSDT->DropOem, nothing else is necessary for this mobo.

Also I boot it with UEFI (possible thanks to the {censored} hybrid bios) so maybe the problem only appears on legacy mode?

I am seriously considering updating to UEFI. I hesitated updating because I am using Apple Cinema Display and it's not friendly with Gigabyte UEFI as it displays blue screen on bios. I have to attached normal LCD just to see bios.  How is UEFI on Z68AP-D3? I have HD6870 and some say it has an issue with it. 

I am seriously considering updating to UEFI. I hesitated updating because I am using Apple Cinema Display and it's not friendly with Gigabyte UEFI as it displays blue screen on bios. I have to attached normal LCD just to see bios.  How is UEFI on Z68AP-D3? I have HD6870 and some say it has an issue with it.

The update is pretty bad for rev1 but it should be better for rev2 (I don't have a rev2 to test but it's got many more updates than rev1). If you're going that route make sure you start a new DSDT because it's way too different after the update, it won't boot at all with the old one.

But anyway, I am using the regular bios and booting in UEFI, no need to update to those beta firmwares. You just need to install Clover to the EFI partition and restore the mbr/pbr boot sector. Though no idea how to do that, I just started with a fresh disk ;)

you are bioting bios and have no problem with sleep/wake with clover on Maverick? can u share your config.plist? what clover version are you using?

No, I'm not booting in legacy mode, but in UEFI (the hybrid {censored} these boards have). And yes, I have no problem with sleep or wake on Mavericks. And as I told you before my config is pretty simple, but things that may affect sleep or wake are all decided by Clover, the only thing I add is the SSDT->DropOem and inject my own SSDT table.

<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>SSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOem</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>

And the mobo in your signature doesn't exist, is it GA-Z68AP-D3 or Z68A-D3H?