[HOWTO] Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 + osx 10.4.7/10.4.8 JaS

thedguy

348 posts in this topic

I have the same gigabyte mobo as above, with the marvel 8056 chipset and

have tried all steps as above on 10.4.8 and even tried in 10.4.7 still grayed out.

Reinstalled 10.4.8.

What could be the problem?

Could someone please post a link to the kext for 10.4.7

thx

Phi,

I have the exact same CPU and MoB. But only socre 127 on xbench running Jas 10.4.8. I've noticed you overclock your CPU and update to 10.4.9.

1. How did you overclock it? What settings should I modify?

2. When updating to 10.4.9, my system time is no longer accurate. Way to fast, in fact. I think it has something to do with FSB configuration in the Boot.plist.

But my system become unbootable after I add fsb=1066

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>fsb=1066</string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

thanks,

DS4 please? can anyone confirm or tell a fella how to get the DS4 board up and working with all four sata ports and IDE ports?

Or does anyone want to share exactly what they did to get the DQ6 running?

Jas 10.4.8.Amd.Intel the proper one to get? Where's the P1 fix?

Here is the reply from Phi for overclocking DS4 board. I don't know if it works the same for DS3 board, which is what I have. If anyone knows, please let me know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

what you can try are these settings. The following settings are from Mainboard Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.) and press Ctrl+F1 in the BIOS to get the RAM-Settings.

This settings are listed in the same order you find in the F8 Bios for the DS4:

Turbo, X7, Enabled, 485, Auto, disabled, 2:00 Option 1, Manual, 5, 5, 5, 15, 4, 3, 6, 42, 3, Fast, Auto

If you are not sure about your RAMs, let the RAM-settings autodetect

The harddiscs are set to AHCI and Native

If you have trouble try RAM-Settings.. this is the most important component in this setup. I couldn't get more then 485 MHz FSB stable. I don't know what is limiting. If you have time and if you want, go to www.tomshardware.com/.de there's an article about the same setup.

If you want to get your system-time-speed working, than install a new kernel. You will find something like "koolcals latest kernel 8.9.1 with !HPET!-Support on demonoid.

If you install this kernel, i remember it have "8.9.1. AMD/Intell SSE3/2 with HPET" or something like this selected in the installation package, your problems will be gone :)

Have fun,

Phi

P.S.: If this works, and if you have time and wish, you can post this in the original topic, where you asked me before the PM. Please don't forget to give credit.

Khid,

Here is how I get OSX86 to work on my DS3 board, thanks to theguy's instructions. I don't have dual boot setup. It might or might not work for DS4, but should be very similar.

required stuff:

1. osx86 jas 10.4.8 reseed

2. gigabyte patches from pion

installation:

1. hit del to enter bios during bootup

2. in integrated peripherals menu:

Set motherboard to disable Sata 0-3

Change mode from IDE to ACHI

(notes: I've noticed that the my NEC IDE DVD can start the install process without following the above steps. I'm using 10.4.8 Jas DVD with ppf 1 and ppf 2 patches applied. Apparently, IDE DVD can start the installation process in this newer Jas release, whereas before, only Sata DVD works. This step should be followed only if your Jas DVD still doesn't bootup in the IDE DVD and you're using a Sata DVD)

3. in bios menu, set the correct CD-ROM as first boot device

3. reboot

4. should see the osx install screen. install with customize option. check Intel, Nvidia package.

5. after install completed and before next boot,go to bios and undo any changes in 2.

6. if you have more than 1 harddrive, make sure and make changes if necessary to correct boot disk order if the bootlist is missing screen shows up or hangs during bootup.

7. after bootup, to get network card to work:

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist

search for "8053" (no quotes) and replace with "8056" (no quotes)

Then search for "4362" (no quotes) and replace with "4364"

8. install Gigabyte patches from pion's. select ich8 and audio package.

does that come with the latest 10.4.9 upgrade .iso?

Mmmm, probably not. There was a new one released a few days ago. Go to #OSx86 @ irc.moofspeak.net for more info. ;)

FYI i updated using the jas combo 10.4.9 update with kernal 8.9.1. Reboot now works!! yay ;)

Great! Glad it works.

Now you just have to get SPDIF working... =/

if i am using

Mac OS X 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 [JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso

JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3.zip

will i have problem installing thru IDE dvd rom + IDE hard disk ?

or i will need to use those IDE to SATA connector?

Great! Glad it works.

Now you just have to get SPDIF working... =/

Yeh, I kinda really do need it for sound. ATM I have my headset plugged into my Creative X-Fi four sound in windows, ubuntu uses the SPDIF port on my onboard sound. However, OS-X atm only outputs sound through the onboard sound (ALC883) green jack.

Im to lazy to keep unpluging my headset everytime i use OS-X :)

Oh, while im rambling I had another point.

The PS/2 fix on the gigbyte pion package, does it work? What exactly did it fix? What i mean is I had a micrsoft keyboard with a PS/2 connection. Os X would not recognise it was there even though the keys worked & I had to plug it in & out everytime i booted os x otherwise it would not work. My solution was to buy a new USB2 keyboard. I was just wondering if it was me being simple or is it a known issue?

I've installed jas mac osx 10.4.8.. al the installation was ok (I put my 160gb sata on the orange, set to ahci..). The problem is that when I reboot, after the installation, it seems it is waiting for disk.. it doesn't boot! whan can I do?

I've installed jas mac osx 10.4.8.. al the installation was ok (I put my 160gb sata on the orange, set to ahci..). The problem is that when I reboot, after the installation, it seems it is waiting for disk.. it doesn't boot! whan can I do?

Try plugging it into the purple ports. Make sure Sata Native 0-3 is disabled in your BIOS.

I'm sorry.. i wrote wrong.. I put it into the purple port! sata native is disabled and mode is set to ahci (and ahci is enabled).. when installing I read something like that it is not possible to set active the partition..but I was not able to read all things (I'm also italian,....)