[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

914 posts in this topic

Change your FakeSMC then, it'll probably come from that. You could use one of Kozlek's recent versions, tuned for iMac14,2 if that's the SMBIOS profile you opted for.

iMac14,2:

-> SMC key: 2.15f0

-> smc-compatible: smc-huronriver

FakeSMC_iMac14,2.kext.zip

If using Chameleon, boot without cache with -f flag.

Hi,

I'm not sure where to find one specifically for iMac14,2 but the one I tried just now from Kozlek on GitHub hasn't helped me. Where would I find a tuned one like you mention?

Thanks!

D'oh! So you did, my bad.

I'm getting passed AppleKeyStore now but getting: "FakeSMC: [Fatal] failed to initialize SMC device"

Do I need to do more than drag and drop the attached kext to S/L/E and boot with -f?

Thanks!

Hi,

Well I did use a patched mach_kernel for Haswell and 10.9.4...

I was just able to install Mavericks (I get as far as part 4, step 5 of this guide) by creating an org.chameleon.Boot.plist file using advice found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292030-success-vanilla-ml-1085-on-ga-z87x-ud4h-4770k-haswell/

There were no hangs and the USB booted straight into the installer. My issue now is that I cannot boot into my OS X install on my SSD unless I select it through the USB...

If the USB is not inserted it hangs at "AppleKeyStore started..." again...

Why would this be? What is could be missing from my install?

Thanks!

Hello

Steps...

Install Chameleon: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/59-chameleon-22-svn/

pkg

Create a Extra folder in HDD, this extra folder need have:

*org.chameleon... create with Chameleon Wizard

*SMbios(iMac 14,2)create with Chameleon Wizard

Install FakeSMC(version 5 or 6 choice is yours) with Kext wizard...

Install NullCPUPM for get a generic power management... after that we'll adjust to get a fully pm.

Hi,

I started fresh today and managed to get all the way to part 5 of the guide without anything going wrong (so obviously I had been doing something wrong previously!) so that I am now trying to compile my DSDT.

Initially I had 2 error but after hitting "Fix Errors", 1 error was fixed but one remains (as in the screen shot below). This error seems to be preventing me from saving my DSDT.

Could someone help me to fix this error?

I'm really grateful for all the help!

Thanks!

0UqVfQB.png

Hello

I don't believe that you need DSDT, system booting well?

If yes, isn't necessary... DSDT is only with you want get audio via AppleHDA working or if has a sleep problem, your hardware is new, just in 2009/2010 you need DSDT to fix many problems, actually bootloader make almost all...

What version of Mavericks are you using? 10.9 what?

Hello

Yes, to layout HDEF or some thing like that... i don't use AppleHDA, only VoodooHDA, VoodooHDA work without DSDT

VoodooHDA 2.8.4 is great, work in almost all codecs

You adjust your Powermanagement???

If yes, donwload AICPUPMI: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2r6fodk92hfc6e/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.zip
Install it(this kext is to show P-States, isn't for pm)

Open console and write AICPUPMI in seach box, after that see how many P-States you got

• Like 1

• Allan unpinned this topic
  • Allan locked this topic