10.7.4 is OUT !

Larx

158 posts in this topic

I have the same 88E8056 and it works fine in 10.7.4. Make a legacy kext for it, I believe this still works:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=157881

Also there's this that you can use instead of EthernetBuiltIn=y

http://www.projectos...hp?showtopic=60

(read the whole thread first!)

Thanks for this Gringo. Read through it all, but before proceeding decided to reinstall the 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 update again. Lo and behold, ethernet is now working. Not sure why, but perhaps the original install hiccupped along the way. Anyway... all is good here now again, and my P5K-E system is back in full working order.

My update went flawlessly. I used the Combo update rather than software update since I knew I had to roll back some kexts before rebooting. I rolled back the usual kexts for me -- ACPIPlatform, IOPCI, AppleHDA, and IO80211. It seems like Lion is a bit more responsive now, but I don't see any big changes. Since I have the X3100 GPU, this may be my last OS X update.

EDIT - I had to roll back AppleSMC too in order to get rid of the SMC error others have reported in this thread.

DiamondSami,

I tried loading IO80211Family.Kext using Kext Wizard and/or other kext utilities but it will not load. Tried loading with Command Line, same problem. Will work on some more and report.

Yeah I tried a few kexts, new and older, but nothing worked. I had to roll back to 10.7.3, because I can't work without Wi-Fi if you have any solution on that, can you PM me, since I'm not very often in these forums! Thanks!

Randomly, or only if you have entered sleep mode? If so, there is a fix for that.

Randomly happens on initial startup. I have to hold the power button to shut down and then it re starts fine. I don't use sleep but restart from apple menu works fine too.

lost networking on GA-X58A-UD3R. Anyone have link to kext I can use? (Realtek RTL8111E chip)

First I turned off network then turn it on next step is to remove IONetworkingFamily.kext from Extra. This worked for me but only for Wi-Fi card, for Ethernet follow the post #32

I can't get sound back after updating from 10.7.3, rolling back AppleHDA makes no difference.

I'm using ALC889a/885 layoutID 12 (0x0C) with a patched DSDT and a patched AppleHDA, option 14 E from here:

http://www.insanelym...pic=196771&st=0

I found an ALC889 patched AppleHDA for Mountain Lion which enables sound as far as getting the volume icon in the menu bar, but I can actually get any sound out of it.

If I swap the Platforms.xml and layout12.xml from my working 10.7.3 AppleHDA into the 10.7.4 patched AppleHDA I loose the volume menu bar icon.

It seems the format of the layoutXX.xml files has changed slightly, maybe this has something to do with it.

I can't get sound back after updating from 10.7.3, rolling back AppleHDA makes no difference.

I'm using ALC889a/885 layoutID 12 (0x0C) with a patched DSDT and a patched AppleHDA, option 14 E from here:

http://www.insanelym...pic=196771&st=0

I found an ALC889 patched AppleHDA for Mountain Lion which enables sound as far as getting the volume icon in the menu bar, but I can actually get any sound out of it.

If I swap the Platforms.xml and layout12.xml from my working 10.7.3 AppleHDA into the 10.7.4 patched AppleHDA I loose the volume menu bar icon.

It seems the format of the layoutXX.xml files has changed slightly, maybe this has something to do with it.

After updates and replacing AppleHDA, try delete - System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches folder then restart.

Artur, I praise their knowledge and continue their post in here besides olarila but nonetheless I think thatis nothing but a bad patch, you should correct your SSDT tables and check on them the order of the states in descending order from top to bottom,see also that none are missing them, sorry for my English (google)

PROBLEM:

I have no CMOS reset problem but WAKEUP (after sleep) didnt work anymore .

C2D sleeps = OK , but instead of wake up it reboots the PC.

I never had this problem for years (perhaps in 10.5 time last) and use the AppleRTC patched (also an other 10.7.3 patched which worked well)

What other system kexts can be the problem (because i dont think AppleRTC an be the prob - RTC from 10.7.3 also has same problem in 10.7.4 system)

PROBLEM:

I have no CMOS reset problem but WAKEUP (after sleep) didnt work anymore .

C2D sleeps = OK , but instead of wake up it reboots the PC.

I never had this problem for years (perhaps in 10.5 time last) and use the AppleRTC patched (also an other 10.7.3 patched which worked well)

What other system kexts can be the problem (because i dont think AppleRTC an be the prob - RTC from 10.7.3 also has same problem in 10.7.4 system)

long time ago .. usb

I updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.4 using Combo update and so far everything going pretty smooth accept for my WiFi card. The kext I was using in 10.7.2 does not work in 10.7.4 for the Dell 1510 Mini-Card I have installed to replace the original installed into my Qosmio X500. I just get "no WIFI Hardware Installed" when I point the mouse over the Wireless icon on the top of screen.

Anyone has the same issue?

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks

Hello, hackintosh noob here.

Just updated my hackintosh laptop (XPS M1530) running Lion 10.7.3 to 10.7.4. Unfortunately, it encountered a [PCI configuration begin] hang. I suspect that my Graphic Card is causing the problem. It's a 8600M GT.

Tried various boot flags, notably npci=0x2000, but so far no headway. Any advice from you guys?

Try npci=0x3000. Good luck and I hope it works for you.