New iPods, iTunes, and iTV

Swad

44 posts in this topic

i like the old shuffle better

Same here, kind of...

The new Shuffle looks better, but the great thing about the shuffle was that you could plug it directly into USB and use it like a thumb/flash drive etc if you'd left everything else at home. The new shuffle, well you gotta carry your dock around with you to do this, which sucks. I know flash drives are cheap as now, but it's an extra thing to carry arround.

I wasn't ever a fan of the nanos but the black one is sort of appealing to me now

I think I am gonna get an ipod shuffle within the next week because I like the size, being aluminum, and being a $20 cheaper than the old 1gb shuffle.

I am on my parent's computer at work so I haven't been able to download the new itunes yet.

I hope that the search function and the games will work on my 5g ipod so hopefully apple will fix that in the firmware update

So far so bad for current 5G owners, I have installed the latest update and the only two notable things are the games and the addition of a brightness control. The search function is not present and I'm not sure that it ever will be. I was also hoping for gapless playback, but it seems like this hasn't been done either (although I haven't listened to it yet), since they didn't mention it as being part of the update. This is pretty disappointing I must say.

Also, does anyone know if the new 640x480 resolution videos will play on the current 5G ipods? I would really hope so, but I haven't read that anywhere yet.

Maybe they will release a new firmware in the future, but if the current ipods and the new ones are almost identical, you would think that this release would have all the same features. I guess I can hold out a little hope, but I honestly don't see it happening.

EDIT: After listening a little bit to some gapless albums, the new firmware may actually enable gapless playback afterall!

EDIT 2: Unless someone can prove otherwise, the update definately enables gapless playback. After listening to a few live albums, the songs rolled right together with no gaps in sight. You would think that Apple would publicize this feature in the update.

Same here, kind of...

The new Shuffle looks better, but the great thing about the shuffle was that you could plug it directly into USB and use it like a thumb/flash drive etc if you'd left everything else at home. The new shuffle, well you gotta carry your dock around with you to do this, which sucks. I know flash drives are cheap as now, but it's an extra thing to carry arround.

yeah i would like a shuffle like the new on but with the USB like the old one

Anybody found a solution for the iTunes by Album view for albums with different artists?

I tried putting them in a compilation, renumbering the tracks, adding disc numbers and so far nothing... Any thoughts?

I agree with Darwinian Dude... I use my shuffle regularly as a memory stick aswell... no need to carry around two things... Although the new shuffles lokk AMAZING!!

TBH the new Nano's haven't convinced me yet... I was never a big fan of the mini's and it looks too much lika a blast from the past... that said, let me go to the applestore tomorrow and check them out...

Anyway, great show and can't wait for the "iTV"...

Edit: I have found the option in iTunes!! To group all the albums, there is a new field for Album Artists!! Just insert the same Album Artist to group them! Hope this helps!!

I've updated my ipod i get everything but the instant search?

Notice the letter thing when scrolling. stolen from Zune! ha!

That's the truth, no search, but everything else including 640x480 playback is there. I'm a little disappointed about the search, but oh well. Anyway, check out the free movie "Covert" on iTMS and watch your iPod play the new 640x480 videos.

The search thing is implemented in the 5G iPods as well (at least partially). What i mean is that if you go and view the full list of all the songs in your iPod and then scroll down fast it does show you the letter you are currently on so normaly it should have the searching ability on as well somewhere (hiden ;))

I Don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but in the new iTunes installation, when you click customise, there is an iTunes Phone Driver that if disabled. i've never seen that before.