App Store - Your device or computer could not be verified

Blah101

67 posts in this topic

I had this issue on all my machines, two with GA H67M-D2-B3 (v1.0 with ALC888b audio codec, and v1.1 with ALC889) and the third with GA Z68X-UD3H-B3. All machines are ordinarily wifi only using the Broadcom BCM94322MC Mini PCI-e Card # 4873300-001 (eBay - $20) in a PCIe to MiniPCI adapter (AMZN - $18). This provides OOB Airport with full AirDrop functionality and 2.4 or 5 gHz speeds.

In both cases in Network Preferences the card was incorrectly seen as 'Ethernet' but with the usual Airport fan in Network Preferences. It seems from reading the related threads that the AppStore wants to have Ethernet recognized in Network Prefs, so I did the following:

1. Deleted Library/Preferences/System ConfigurationNetworkInterfaces.plist and shut down
  2. Pulled the Broadcom PCIe card
  3. Connected wired broadband with a cable to my Airport Extreme
  4. Started-up, deleted any choices in Network Preferences, and set up wired broadband in Network Preferences by clicking '+' and 'Ethernet'
  5. Powered off and reinstalled Broadcom card
  6. Unplugged wired broadband
  7. Restarted and added WiFi as second choice in Network Preferences (the first, 'Ethernet', in now inoperable as the connection has been terminated, and appears red. I left it in place). AppStore is now fully usable for downloads and updates.

The 'Ethernet' is show as 'Ethernet' by default, not as Ethernet en(0).

Only the v1.1 GA H67M-D2-B3 machine required the PCIRoot=1 (not PCIRootUID) lines in the plist file. All three machines have the EthernetBuiltIn=Yes lines. All three use stock DSDT.aml from the TonyMac DSDT database.

• 3 weeks later...

++SOLVED++

-> EFI STUDIO ETHERNET STRING IN BOOT.PLIST + A WORKING DRIVER FOR MY BUILT IN ETHERNET <-

Hello all

After 4 years of absence I build a new hackintosh (again). After a Bios mod, a new graphiccard (cause the 7300gt is not working in 64bit mode) I have a stable 10.7.2 system working.

Now, App store is not working and personally I have no clue why. I have read a lot of articles, and it's confusing to me cause there are so many reasons this could be. Can somebody help me out or give me a hint how to deal with it?

Here my configuration:

Asus P5K SE / EPU (Bios AHCI Mod)

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz / 4GB Ram

Asus HD 6450 Silent

iAtkos L1 install, updated with Software updater to 10.7.2

Thanks for your help.

post-6598-0-24185800-1323871973_thumb.png

<br>

I think that the DSDT changes/EFI strings/Boot.plist changes all fix the IOBuiltin part, right??<br>

yep,but see the thing is you need to achieve 3 things in order to get appstore, and all other "MAC ADRESS" related softwares,

first you need to get it working, this first and most important stage, it must work, not just recognized. (i myself, since experiencing KP with the modded Driver for my Atheros L1 LAN, bought a chip PCI card with 8169 chip to have working LAN)

step 2 is to make the interface recognized as built-in, you have 3 ways doing it, DSDT injection (DSM method), EFI string (Device-properties in boot.plist), and to turn on the EthernetBuiltIn switch on chameleon (or any other boot-loader with this option)

last thing to check is that the OS recognize the interface as the first in the chain (en0). this way, all request for MAC address authentications goes to this interface, which is "built-in".

some reporting however that for instance EthernetBuiltIn didn't work for them but EFI string did (can't understand that but whatever...), so it's best to try everything.

if it's still refuse to work, you can try do the same as me and buy a chip ethernet card (with support :) ) and if that the only problem between you and appstore then you will be fine (however if everything i said you already done, then you might need to look somewhere else, or try to understand, by the modification you are doing to make the installation work, which might be the problem)

hope this will help you solve it

• 2 weeks later...

If lion doesn't see an ethernet card as en0 and working, it will never let you sign on. I honestly advice you guys to use a wireless card if you have one and keep your onboard ethernet card listed in System Profiler as en0. Your wireless should be en1.

• 2 weeks later...

For the last time..I hope..

You can't do this with bluetooth or any other wireless/plug-in networking device. That includes the wireless card you are waiting for.

The requirements are

1. a wired ethernet port

with

2. a driver loaded for the hardware (but AFAIK the connection can be disabled in network prefs)

3. built-in property set (there are three ways to do this: DSDT, device property string, Chameleon EthernetBuiltIn=y)

4. bsd name en0 (delete the network interfaces plist and reboot)

There is a Mac (some Macbook Air model? I don't remember) that doesn't have wired ethernet but nobody has figured out (or published) yet how it works.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Locate your network adapter using ioregistry explorer (PEX4 in my case) and add the code below.

U might also want to change "Realtek RTL8168E/8111E PCI-E Gigabit" to your adapter name.

I think this one works with all ami efi boards

Device (GIGE)
			{
				Name (_ADR, Zero)
				Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
				{
					0x09,
					0x03
				})
				Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package (0x06)
						{
							"built-in",
							Buffer (One)
							{
								0x01
							},
							"device_type",
							Buffer (0x09)
							{
								"ethernet"
							},
							"name",
							Buffer (0x25)
							{
								"Realtek RTL8168E/8111E PCI-E Gigabit"
							}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}

• 3 weeks later...

1. a wired ethernet port

with

2. a driver loaded for the hardware (but AFAIK the connection can be disabled in network prefs)

3. built-in property set (there are three ways to do this: DSDT, device property string, Chameleon EthernetBuiltIn=y)

4. bsd name en0 (delete the network interfaces plist and reboot)

I think i got a big problem because of step two: tried to set buit-in properties with the methods shown, to no avail, to finally realize, thanks to your post, that the problem here is the lack of a proper driver for my ethernet adapter, a realtek 8139e onboard from my ECS motherboard (i have overlooked this issue until i found that without built-in ethernet i couldn't use the appstore, because i use solely wifi to connect to internet).

Because of this, all i did went wrong: with EthernetBuiltIn=Y nothing happens, and the value for built-in internet in Network Interfaces stays as false, and no ethernet adapter is recognized by system preferences or system profiler. With an EFI string is still worse: the same as EthernetBuiltIn=Y plus it mess with my graphics (i have a GeForce G210 and don't use strings for it, only GraphicsEnabler=Y).

So i tried to install in my system (Lion from iATKOS L2) the drivers i found via google, nothing worked. Is there any hope? Any driver that i still havn't downloaded and that would be my holy grail? Or should i better buy an osx-compatible PCI X1 card (which one would you folks recommend?).

Just an addendum: my Lion runs at 32 bit: i'm an AMD user!

Yes that's right, EthernetBuiltIn=y or device-properties string doesn't do anything when there's no driver loaded for the hardware.

I was using a Realtek 8139 (model A or D, I have both and I don't remember which one I used) PCI card in my first Hackintosh on 10.5.x.

I don't remember what driver I used for it though. But it worked fine.

No idea what the deal is on Lion, maybe it's just not supported anymore. 8139 is very old, late 90s I believe.

Tip: If you take some time to read this thread you'll see Realtek 8169 mentioned several times.

• Like 1

Yeah. And, when i installed ionetworkfamily - one of the solutions i tried - i noted something like that in the single user boot: "AppleRTL8169 fail to blah blah blah id not recognized". So, and would you please correct me if i'm wrong, that chipset is recognized out of the box by that package/kext, and is recommended that i buy one, if i can't find an ultimate solution for my 8139 (by the way: dev=8136, ven=10ec). Right?

Is there any website where i can find a comprehensive list of network chipsets supported with lion (and os x, in general)?

UPDATE: bought a RTL 8168, recognized out of the box by IONetworkFamily, set as built in and tried again. Another annoyance: my password "was incorrect", even when it was correct. Fixed this one by stop trying to log in the U.S. app store being outside of U.S. Many thanks for the help!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have problems with the Mac App Store.

I surf the Web with a usb wifi dongle.

I post the chamaleom and the networkInterfaces files.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">'>http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>npci</key>

<string>0x2000</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>

file NetworkInterfaces

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Interfaces</key>

<array>

<dict>

<key>Active</key>

<true/>

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en0</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

gB8CJ4Dh

</data>

<key>IOPathMatch</key>

<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/USBE@1A/AppleUSBEHCI/802.11 n WLAN@1a110000/RT2870USBWirelessDriver/IOEthernetInterface</string>

<key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>

<dict>

<key>USB Product Name</key>

<string>802.11 n WLAN</string>

<key>UserDefinedName</key>

<string>802.11 n WLAN</string>

<key>idProduct</key>

<integer>12400</integer>

<key>idVendor</key>

<integer>5263</integer>

</dict>

<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>

<string>Ethernet</string>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>Active</key>

<true/>

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>fw0</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<true/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>144</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

ACVkgADaITQ=

</data>

<key>IOPathMatch</key>

<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/BR21@1C,1/IOPCI2PCIBridge/pci1106,3403@0/AppleFWOHCI/IOFireWireController/IOFireWireLocalNode/IOFireWireIP/IOFWInterface</string>

<key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>

<dict>

<key>UserDefinedName</key>

<string>FireWire</string>

</dict>

<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>

<string>FireWire</string>

</dict>

</array>

<key>Model</key>

<string>iMac11,1</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Yes, I have installed the driver and now i find ethernet in network settings.

Unfortunatly the MAS still not work.

I have tries to remove all network preferenes delete networkinterfaces reboot but it still does not work.

Any idea Gringo?

Remove all network interfaces and delete preference plist from /Library/Preferences/SytemConfiguration/ then disable wifi in bios or unplug your wifi usb, and reboot with just ethernet and go to network preferences and add it as the only interface. That will get it to be en0, which right now it is NOT. then you should be good from there