P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

^Andy^

654 posts in this topic

Ok didnt find any solution for USB but I made bootable DVD. After that I install your pro package. I have two problem right now.

1- I cant boot from HD every time using DVD for boot if I eject to DVD I get this message;

"Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key..." How to fix that?

2- I cant never play any videos online or in the machine every time KP coming "please restart machine with power button" How to fix that too?

PS: I know we are so trouble to you please for give us!

1- I cant boot from HD every time using DVD for boot if I eject to DVD I get this message;

"Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key..." How to fix that?

You have your bios set to boot from the wrong drive. I'm really not sure how much more help I can try to give you - I've tried my best but you either have trouble understanding the instructions or simply ignore them and do stuff your own way which makes it impossible to help you.

You have your bios set to boot from the wrong drive. I'm really not sure how much more help I can try to give you - I've tried my best but you either have trouble understanding the instructions or simply ignore them and do stuff your own way which makes it impossible to help you.

I know Andy forgive us. I change to boot order set but problem still going... I install your package again but still going... I can use boot for dvd but how about videos? I cant never playing to videos this really big problem? What do you suggest for that? And big thank you for all support...

I know Andy forgive us. I change to boot order set but problem still going... I install your package again but still going... I can use boot for dvd but how about videos? I cant never playing to videos this really big problem? What do you suggest for that? And big thank you for all support...

Fix your boot problem first and then worry about the videos - if you can't get as far as booting from the correct drive or installing chameleon properly then getting graphicsenabler working is the least of your worries

Fix your boot problem first and then worry about the videos - if you can't get as far as booting from the correct drive or installing chameleon properly then getting graphicsenabler working is the least of your worries

Thank you Andy for kindness I found a solution finally. I put off my all harddrives and just put in primary HD to case than made first boot with DVD and install new chameleon. After restart all problems gone. Thank you.

Thank you Andy for kindness I found a solution finally. I put off my all harddrives and just put in primary HD to case than made first boot with DVD and install new chameleon. After restart all problems gone. Thank you.

Thats good to hear at last - well done :thumbsup_anim:

Is there a way to boot osx in when the controller intel is in raid mode? The other control of data 3 is not so fast for my ssd and haven't the possibility of doing raid, so I need to boot osx no in a raid strip but only with raid set controller.

Thank you

Hi Andy !

Thank you so much for your boot CD, I installed Snow Leopard on my Sabertooth P67 and it was incredibly easy !!!

The problem with this guide is that it's a lot harder than installing Snow Leo ! Do you have an easier solution ?

Again, thank you ! I still amazed at how easy it was to install Snow Leo !

haha nice one ! :D

Well, what I don't understand is: why is it so easy with Snow Leo and at the same time so 'hard' with Lion ? I thought the kext used for the 2 OSes are quite similar (at least between 10.6.8 and 10.7).

Thanks !!

haha nice one ! :D

Well, what I don't understand is: why is it so easy with Snow Leo and at the same time so 'hard' with Lion ? I thought the kext used for the 2 OSes are quite similar (at least between 10.6.8 and 10.7).

Thanks !!

Nothing to do with the kexts. It's to do with Apple changing the installation method and no longer providing dvd's. It's really not hard to make the install usb stick, there are a lot of steps but if you follow them it really is pretty straightforward.

OK, I am stuck!!!!

I have tried this method five times today and can't seem to figure out what is going on.

Every time I go to boot from my USB Stick (Have tried a HDD too) I just get a flashing "_" for hours.

I have the Marshal SATA Controller disabled and I am just the Intel Controllers for everything, Is there anything in the EFI BIOS I need to change before I proceed?

I have tried this method five times today and can't seem to figure out what is going on.

Every time I go to boot from my USB Stick (Have tried a HDD too) I just get a flashing "_" for hours.

same here.. can't get the usb stick to boot. i had to use lion on my notebook to follow this guide and create the stick, as the hdd snow leopard (on my oc) was on broke last week (thanks again andy, for your great sl guide!).

lion's disk utility doesen't offer the "Erase Volume" checkbox when restoring an image, so i let it format the device again. it does still have the guid partition table, but it is not journaled. it tried to add journaling via terminal (sudo diskutil enableJournaling /dev/disk2s3) but to no avail.. i really think the journaling is the problem here, but i have no idea how to enable it. do you guys know an alternative to disk utility?

Ok so I tried this about 20 times before I went to another guide, with no luck, and then I decided to do it my own way and here is how I got up and running:

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to create a lion drive and booted and installed lion. 

After install I booted into lion using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] drive to make sure it worked.

If you have a hard drive with 4kb sectors (a lot of 1.5 and 2tb hdd) like I did you need to follow this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=277056&st=0#entry1805575

Once I did that I installed Andy's install package for the P8P67 Pro, rebooted and that was it!

All in all once I figured out the boot0 error thing it took just a few minutes.

Updated to 10.7.3 and it wiped out Audio. Reinstalled the audio kexts, repaired permissions and rebooted. Done.

Now I just have to mod one of my G5 cases for the ultimate hackintosh! 

Hi Andy, Thanks for your jobs! excuse my english, I have a Asus p8p67 Deluxe with Alc889 I would love have the package for this motherboard...... and I would like have a guide fro you for install 10.6.8 with nvidia gtx 460 1gb please can you help me? Thanks from Italy!

Hi Andy, Thanks for your jobs! excuse my english, I have a Asus p8p67 Deluxe with Alc889 I would love have the package for this motherboard...... and I would like have a guide fro you for install 10.6.8 with nvidia gtx 460 1gb please can you help me? Thanks from Italy!

Fraid not, I dont have that motherboard or gpu so can't help.

First off Andy i appreciate all the work you've done. I used your andyboot cd ages ago to install original snow leopard. Which is especially driving me crazy...

I can't get anything LION to be bootable, i've tried your guide here extensively using several different sources (10.7-10.7.3) each and every time when booting from the fully patched Lion installer USB the screen goes black, then flashes the familiar white screen with apple logo, but only briefly before it restarts my computer.

Im trying to do a fresh install because my old SL partition was destroyed, i've tried everything to go straigt to lion to no avail.

So i tried grabbing my old CD of yours and was able to install SL 10.6.3 seemingly no problem.. but when i tried combo update (10.6.8/7)to make my way towards lion the installation fails immedietely and says to contact softwar.. blah blah.

Any ideas whats going so wrong??

p8p67 pro

i7 2600k

gtx 570

*edit* i've since used another way with some success, now i just gotta use your package in post *crosses fingers*

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, running this on a Sabertooth P67, everything seems pretty smooth using the guide with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and Andy's package posted a while back, on 10.7.2 though with my 6950, running it fairly stable via this guide: #########, stable enough for moderate usage, but Final Cut Pro doesn't work past the 10.0.0 version, and the OS is stuck on 10.7.2. Know anything that could fix this?

Hi all, some of you may already know me from the boot cd's and installation packages that I have built for the Asus P8P67 series of motherboards.

Today I would like to share my fairly idiot proof method of building a Lion installation and repair bootable usb stick for Asus P8P67Pro and P8P67 based systems now that lion has reached gold master.

You will need 4 things in order to build this usb stick successfully..

1 - A usb stick (or drive) large enough to contain the contents of the instal image (4 gig should do)

2 - A downloaded copy of the 'Install Mac OS X Lion.app',

3 - An Extra folder specifically for the Lion installer usb stick/drive http://www.mediafire...bolj08pj5s4hcl0

4 - The installation package from the latest AndyBoot CD for either the P8P67Sabertooth, P8P67Pro or P8P67 available from the links below:-

P8P67Sabertooth http://www.mediafire...uahydjc0koyyuvk

P8P67Pro http://www.mediafire...ytr7cp3gh46ovka

P8P67 http://www.mediafire...a1y7rgrxy3ems8c

1 - First step (pretty obvious) Boot into Snow Leopard,

2 - Use disk utility to format your USB stick or drive as mac os extended with GUID partition table,

3 - right click 'Install Mac OS X Lion.app' and select 'show contents',

4 - double click the 'Contents/SharedSupport' folder to open it in finder,

5 - Run ShowAllFiles (to show hidden files),

6 - right click the 'InstallESD.dmg' and select 'open with disk image mounter',

7 - right click on the hidden 'BaseSystem.dmg' and select 'open with disk utility',

8 - In disk utility look to the bottom left to find 'BaseSystem.dmg', right click it and select 'Restore',

9 - Drag your formatted USB stick or drive into the 'destination' box, untick 'erase destination' and click 'Restore',

10 - Go for a beer, coffee or whatever takes your fancy as this will take a while!

11 - Once restore is complete go to the system, installation folder on the usb stick or drive and delete the 'Packages' alias

12 - right click 'Install Mac OS X Lion.app' (from step 3) again and once again click 'show package contents'

13 - reopen the 'SharedSupport' folder

14 - Double click the 'InstallESD.dmg' to mount it

15 - Copy the 'Packages' folder from the 'MacOS X Install ESD' folder that should automatically open in finder over to the system, installation folder on your usb stick or drive to replace the alias that you deleted in step 9,

16 - run ShowAllFiles (to see hidden files) and copy the 'mach_kernel' from the 'MacOS X Install ESD' folder above to the root of your USB stick or drive,

17 - copy the Extra folder downloaded above to the root of the usb stick/drive,

18 - run the andyboot5 package relevant to your motherboard and select your usb stick or drive as the target,

19 - Congratulations your USB stick or drive should now be bootable and allow you to install lion!

20 - Don't forget after installing lion to run whichever andyboot5 package that you used on the usb stick again to install the contents onto your hard disk and make the system bootable!

Good Luck all :)

Andy,

I could not get SL working with the other guide..... It goes to boot from the HDD and all I get is a spinning disk and the apple symbol and it hangs there. The guess was that it does not like my video card- from other user's suggestions. (Gigabyte GTX 560).

So without a working SL machine, how would I go about employing this guide? I have run ###### and can install Lion, but with the toosixy P8P67 Dlx guide, I get a KP after running ###### and still won't boot from the HDD. I tried running ######, installing Lion, and then running your pro package but it will not run or install...... Any suggestions or help?

Andy, I could not get SL working with the other guide..... It goes to boot from the HDD and all I get is a spinning disk and the apple symbol and it hangs there. The guess was that it does not like my video card- from other user's suggestions. (Gigabyte GTX 560). So without a working SL machine, how would I go about employing this guide? I have run ###### and can install Lion, but with the toosixy P8P67 Dlx guide, I get a KP after running ###### and still won't boot from the HDD. I tried running ######, installing Lion, and then running your pro package but it will not run or install...... Any suggestions or help?

I ran ###### again and reinstalled Lion. I then ran the P8P67 Pro installer package......and got a working bootable HDD OS X (after fixing the boot:0 errors again). I got working ethernet connection/internet, but sound was not working. I had to run ###### again to put on the ALC892 and get the sound working. I also could not get my NVidia GTX 560 working to get options in the display. I put on the graphics package from ###### and marked the graphicsenabler=yes for the andy boot up screen with no luck. I updated to 10.7.3, reinstalled chimera 1.9.1 from the ###### installer and with graphicsenabler=yes, I now have a working set of display options too. Woohooo! After a couple of weeks of trying to figure this all out and futzing with it, it looks like I have a working usable Hackintosh!