P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

^Andy^

654 posts in this topic

What size hdd are you trying to install to?

I want to test it on my spare 250GB HDD before I go and install it on my SSD just to ensure everything I need works.

(Using my 320GB external as the install media)

Edited by AaronT

I want to test it on my share 250GB HDD before I go and install it on my SSD just to ensure everything I need works.

(Using my 320GB external as the install media)

Ok so that shouldnt be a problem. I was wondering if you were using a 2tb drive or one of the newer western digital drives with a 4k cluster size (they just dont play nicely with chameleon at all) although its not the drive you are having an issue with is it its actually the usb stick that wont boot?

Ok so that shouldnt be a problem. I was wondering if you were using a 2tb drive or one of the newer western digital drives with a 4k cluster size (they just dont play nicely with chameleon at all) although its not the drive you are having an issue with is it its actually the usb stick that wont boot?

Yeah thats correct. I don't even get to the installation. I've had Mac running on this harddrive before without a problem, I just don't remember the method I used that worked!

So pretty sure that ones okay.. Just gotta get the bootable install drive to work.

Cheers

Aaron

Yeah thats correct. I don't even get to the installation. I've had Mac running on this harddrive before without a problem, I just don't remember the method I used that worked!

So pretty sure that ones okay.. Just gotta get the bootable install drive to work.

Cheers

Aaron

Are you sure the problem isnt the usb stick that you are using? Do you have another that you can try or even a usb hard disk?

Are you sure the problem isnt the usb stick that you are using? Do you have another that you can try or even a usb hard disk?

The blinking cursor normally means it cant even see the chameleon bootloader which should have been installed when you ran the package against the drive - from your vm if you run showallfiles or similar to show hidden files can you see the hidden boot file on the usb stick?

I've used my external 320GB drive before as the bootable drive to install mac, as I used it last time... but I think I have a USB stick lying around here that I can try should this fail again.

Only reason I didn't use a USB drive was before it would take forever to restore to it, natually.

Restoring BaseSysten.dmg to my 'Lion' partition on my external drive as we speak with 10 minutes to go. So not too long now to try.

The blinking cursor normally means it cant even see the chameleon bootloader which should have been installed when you ran the package against the drive - from your vm if you run showallfiles or similar to show hidden files can you see the hidden boot file on the usb stick?

Same result...

Boot file is definitely there.

I will have to try the USB stick I have lying around here and see how that turns out.

Well... tried my USB stick and its.... WORKING.

WTF.

Anyways, it seems to have installed without a problem now, I have no idea why my external, that has worked so many times before, didn't work this time.

I wonder if it could be related to that 4K sector issue. Because everything I did to the stick was the same as I did to the HDD.

Anyways... looks like I need to buy a new GPU since my 4670 doesn't support dual monitors.... Going to test updates soon and see how they function.

I think I'll be in for a new GPU and PSU next week when I go to town so I can swap to Mac for good :)

Thanks Andy! I knew your method shouldn't have been as hard as I was making it..!

BTW... option to turn Bluetooth off from within Mac? Anyone?

I give it up installing ML . I deleted everthing and installed fresh Lion. I just one problem have. When I open youtube or video on apple website computer direct kernel panic. "Please restart machine with power button" How to I fix that? I install latest flash still problem going. I didnt understand this problem never happend before?

This is my installation process;

1. Installed Lion

2. I cant boot of course because I have 6950 Put out my HD on my Case

3. I put on HD my HD dock on Other computer

4. Installed Andy P8P67 Pro Installer package as like before

5. Then installed 10.7.3 Combo update.

6. Installed 6970 Package 10.7.2.pkg

7. Then I changed ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver 10.7.2 to 10.7.3

8. And put the back in my case.

Everthing is works iTunes, iCloud, Face Time, Appstore just problem online videos when I open youtube or other videos directly kernel panic. Please help.

Not just online videos every videos files I can't open any videos files online or root!

Edited by telepati

Couple of things;

1. My microphone doesn't work... Don't know why, but I've tried both the front and back ports.

2. How do I enable sleep? I've tried looking through a few pages here, but to be honest, theres so much stuff here its insane.

I have the P8P67 Pro Rev 3.0.

What is needed for sleep? New to the whole Hackintosh thing really...

EDIT: Oh and disabling Bluetooth at the OS level? Any progress on this?

Edited by AaronT

Hi Folks !

Is iCloud working for you ? At my machine i can not use it...

KeMi

Yes its works. You must to new SMBios.plist with Champlist.

How to make a SMBios.plist w/ Champlist:

1 - Download and unzip;

2 - Open the APP;

3 - Click on "SMBios" button;

4 - Choose a model;

5 - Check "Serial Generator";

6 - Select a CPU (the CPU have to match with the model you chose first);

7 - If you want you can change the country;

8 - Click "As..." (Save as...) and save the SMBios.plist;

9 - Them you only need to put it on your ./Extra folder;

10 - Done! :)

I think its unnecessary but I set this value on "org.chameleon.Boot.plist":

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Yes its works. You must to new SMBios.plist with Champlist.

How to make a SMBios.plist w/ Champlist:

1 - Download and unzip;

2 - Open the APP;

3 - Click on "SMBios" button;

4 - Choose a model;

5 - Check "Serial Generator";

6 - Select a CPU (the CPU have to match with the model you chose first);

7 - If you want you can change the country;

8 - Click "As..." (Save as...) and save the SMBios.plist;

9 - Them you only need to put it on your ./Extra folder;

10 - Done! :)

I think its unnecessary but I set this value on "org.chameleon.Boot.plist":

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

You can also use chameleon Wizard (awesome utility) to generate or edit your smbios.plist and generate a random Week of Manufacture and random Unique Number - this will generate a new serial number for you :)

I erase my USB Disk with Erase Free Space on Disk Utility. I can't make a bootable USB again WHY? After erase USB I make a new partion and choose MAc Extended Juornal but when I install BaseSystem again Disk format seen MAc extended?

I erase my USB Disk with Erase Free Space on Disk Utility. I can't make a bootable USB again WHY? After erase USB I make a new partion and choose MAc Extended Juornal but when I install BaseSystem again Disk format seen MAc extended?

Maybe because you only erased the free space? :wallbash:

Seriously? You are seriously asking that question? :withstupid:

Yes Andy Im seriously asking and accepted stupid questions. I tried 50 way and I dont back to free space again. 50 times re formatted and install your guides 50 times in this USB with disk utility and I dont get any result. OK! Im STUPID :withstupid: please help me? Im really crazying right now!

PS: My english not very well maybe I mention to my problem to you wrong words. Please consider that.

Yes Andy Im seriously asking and accepted stupid questions. I tried 50 way and I dont back to free space again. 50 times re formatted and install your guides 50 times in this USB with disk utility and I dont get any result. OK! Im STUPID :withstupid: please help me? Im really crazying right now!

PS: My english not very well maybe I mention to my problem to you wrong words. Please consider that.

Format the whole usb stick not just the free space!!!!

Format the whole usb stick not just the free space!!!!

Ohhh Man I did almost 100 times that too. Nothing changes. With disk utility I did every possibilities. I made your guide 100 times and call with F8 and nothing happend just that sign "_" blinking not turning or mounting boot: init. If my USB port be broken I musnt seen on F8 right?

You can also use chameleon Wizard (awesome utility) to generate or edit your smbios.plist and generate a random Week of Manufacture and random Unique Number - this will generate a new serial number for you :)

Hi

I tryd booth version's it does not work for me :( Same ErrorMessage...