Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

What you will need

Thanks and Credits to rooftopz, oldnapalm, RoggerioSarah and to all people in the community who developed the original Patches and Kexts.

Dear all!

Don't know how, but I'm there!! Without the post installation !!! ... ???

Facts: have one disk with 2 partitions and a time machine backup on another disk

• 1st partition with 10.6.8 (now not booting anymore - I think I installed the ExtraLion to this partition :-( Mea culpa !!!)
  • 2nd partition working with 10.7 booting

Question: how can I repair/restore my first partition without any issues for my 2nd partition?

thank you, Mondi

I tried following the guide step by step.... But each time whenever I installed chameleon onto the USB Pen drive the system refuses to even start and just gets stuck at the Motherboard logo....

Anyway I tried proceeding without installing chameleom bootloader to the Pen drive and the system boots up fine.... shows all my currently installed SL/Windows/SL Clone in the chameleon bootloader along with the Pen Drive which also gets detected. (Again if I dont install chameleon onto the Pen drive and follow all other steps)

I try to boot using the pen drive in verbose mode to start the installation of Lion (Verbos, because I wanted to know the progress and where its getting stuck)....

Each time it gets stuck at the below screenshot:

post-273637-1312047327_thumb.jpg

Even if I follow all the steps and this time create a new partition on the internal HDD.... even then it gets stuck at the above screen... Waited almost 30mins and still nothing happened.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong even after following every step carefully

• 1st partition with 10.6.8 (now not booting anymore - I think I installed the ExtraLion to this partition :-( Mea culpa !!!)
  • 2nd partition working with 10.7 booting

Question: how can I repair/restore my first partition without any issues for my 2nd partition?

use your old files to the Snow

Lenovo z370.

dsdt.swifty112.zip

Try with HackBoot Lion

see the first post

Hello everyone

I try run installer Lion from an usb stick on HP Pavilion Dv6-6160er

if i use cpus=1 -v

flags

installation stops at this point

DSMOS has arrived

** Device in slot : Slot--1 **

post-221276-1312062685_thumb.jpg

Could you advice me what am i doing wrong?

i didn't place any dsdt, just runed extra lion and chamelion installation to stich after copiyng packages and tried to boot....

Hey,

I installed OSX Lion acconding to this guide but I seem to do something wrong by installing the Extra Folder. I use the "Installer Extra Folder" and choose "iMac9,1" for my Core2Duo E7200. I then place the dsdt.aml created by the Autopatcher (I chose my Mainboard Gigabythe EP-35DS3R) into the same folder and restart OSX. Problem is, it still only boots with the bootable USB plugged in and I also don't see that any hardware gets regognized. What have I done wrong?

I also don't understand the following: "Power Management and restart fix use Chameleon RC5". I opened the "boot.plist" but the settings were already set to "Yes". I guess the Installer already did this, right?

DSMOS has arrived

** Device in slot : Slot--1 **

try with HackBoot(see the first post) or other guide

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259068

Hey,

I installed OSX Lion acconding to this guide but I seem to do something wrong by installing the Extra Folder. I use the "Installer Extra Folder" and choose "iMac9,1" for my Core2Duo E7200. I then place the dsdt.aml created by the Autopatcher (I chose my Mainboard Gigabythe EP-35DS3R) into the same folder and restart OSX. Problem is, it still only boots with the bootable USB plugged in and I also don't see that any hardware gets regognized. What have I done wrong?

I also don't understand the following: "Power Management and restart fix use Chameleon RC5". I opened the "boot.plist" but the settings were already set to "Yes". I guess the Installer already did this, right?

use -v

post a photo

nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2

Heeeelp.?'

no one helped me until yet ):

try with boot cd for Lion

use -v

post a photo

I have repeated the whole process and got the PC to boot without the USB stick now. Still, no hardware gets recognized, even though I added the dsdt.aml to the Extra Folder. Here are some screenshots of what I did so far. Hope you can help me out MaLd0n...

PS: I want to add that I installed Lion on my HDD from Scratch. That means I did not have Snow Leopard installed before. I created the USB with a friends Macbook Pro. Is it possible that my problems come from the fact that I did not install Snow Leopard first?

post-89474-1312070547_thumb.png

post-89474-1312070561_thumb.png

post-89474-1312070565_thumb.png

post-89474-1312070739_thumb.png

post-89474-1312070744_thumb.png

hi,

i am little confused.

i have a HP pavilion dv4 laptop with

CPU : Pentium dual core ( t4300)@2.10ghz

Instructions : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S), EM64T

Mainboard : ICH9-M

BIOS : Insyde F.65

RAM : 3GB DDR2

HD : 320 GB (MBR)

Graphics : Mobile Intel 4

Is it possible to install lion on it ?

This guide is very straight forward and WORKS!!! I had Lion up and running in ~40 mins.

My setup:

MB: Asus P6T (vanilla)

RAM: 3x2GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz

CPU: Intel Core i7 920

GPU: Nvidia GTX 280 1GB

Once installed I installed Chameleon onto the HD, set Graphics Enabler = yes, and used these sound and network kexts (scroll to the end of post#1). That about does it... Yes that easy, I was impressed. Now to unleash the lion on an SSD and see how it roars.

To enable TRIM use this guide.

I have repeated the whole process and got the PC to boot without the USB stick now. Still, no hardware gets recognized, even though I added the dsdt.aml to the Extra Folder. Here are some screenshots of what I did so far. Hope you can help me out MaLd0n...

PS: I want to add that I installed Lion on my HDD from Scratch. That means I did not have Snow Leopard installed before. I created the USB with a friends Macbook Pro. Is it possible that my problems come from the fact that I did not install Snow Leopard first?

we can not guess what your hardware

hi,

i am little confused.

i have a HP pavilion dv4 laptop with

CPU : Pentium dual core ( t4300)@2.10ghz

Instructions : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S), EM64T

Mainboard : ICH9-M

BIOS : Insyde F.65

RAM : 3GB DDR2

HD : 320 GB (MBR)

Graphics : Mobile Intel 4

Is it possible to install lion on it ?

test it

Let me know whether it is working or not

Now to unleash the lion on an SSD and see how it roars.

\õ/

Go Go Go

:wacko:

I installed according to the guide but I can't boot in Lion without the -x flag.

Without -x flag, the computer goes to a white screen with the cursor or swirling cursor

GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3

Core i5-2400

How can I fix this?

Edit: Installing Lion has reset the Motherboard BIOS (e.g. IDE instead of AHCI). So I changed the BIOS: IDE to AHCI and HPET to 64bits. Now, I can't even boot in safe mode.

In order to prevent BIOS reset, I added ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext to /System/Library/Extentions of the USB stick. I reinstall everything according to the guide, but I can only boot in safe mode. Otherwise, the computer goes to the white screen.

Hi MaLd0n,

I have a problem that I don't know how to resolve.

I have Asus P5K, with Nvidia 8600GT 256MB. I used your autopatcher, installed lion as per your instructions, put DSDT.aml where it should be, Extra folders, Chameleon etc... everything got installed just fine. (I only replaced IOATAFamily.kext on USB to make the installer recognize my HDD.) Everything went just fine, it boots of HDD etc.

Now, the problem is that I have no sound, no network and no graphic. I tried to use EFI Studio, but it didn't work. Than I used HEX value from EFI Studio and injected it via Chameleon. So I got graphic working.

Now, I can't get my network (Attansic L1) to work because neither kext utility.app nor Kext Wizard.app can install ANY of the kexts right. How can it be? I tried with audio kexts, network kexts... Why can't I get anything installed? I repair permissions every time I use any of the utilities and kexts, so I guess that should be fine. I am certain that I'm using 64bit kexts and audio kexts are working.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Maybe I'm using wrong applications for kext installation. Can you tell me which one I should use?

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Here is what happens when I try to load new kext - to install it, that is. This one is for my network adapter that I bought back in the days when there was no driver (kext) for attansic network adapter.

Also, my DSDT.aml file created by autopatcher.

post-278010-1312113548_thumb.jpg

dsdt.zip

I've been following this guide and am able to boot into the Installer USB and start the installation process (after replacing the OSInstall.mpkg . After a few minutes the message appears that installation has failed. The following appears in the log:

Begin install -----
Jul 31 08:57:06 localhost OSInstaller[342]: PackageKit: request=PKInstallRequest <42 packages, destination=/Volumes/Lion>
Jul 31 08:57:06 localhost OSInstaller[342]: PackageKit: packages=(
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/BaseSystemResources.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/BootCamp.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/BSD.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/PodcastCapture.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/JavaTools.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/AdditionalEssentials.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/AsianLanguagesSupport.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/MediaFiles.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/MigrationAssistant.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/Mail.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/AddressBook.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/iCal.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/Automator.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/DVDPlayer.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/iTunes.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/iChat.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/JavaEssentials.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/Safari.pkg>",
    "PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OxfordDictionaries.pkg>",
 Jul 31 08:57:07 localhost OSInstaller[342]: PackageKit: Extracting file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg (destination=/Volumes/Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, uid=0)
Jul 31 08:57:29 localhost OSInstaller[342]: PackageKit: Using / as external payload root for package com.apple.pkg.BaseSystemResources
Jul 31 08:57:29 localhost OSInstaller[342]: PackageKit: Extracting file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/BaseSystemResources.pkg (destination=/Volumes/Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, uid=0)
Jul 31 08:58:41 localhost OSInstaller[342]: PackageKit: Extracting file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg (destination=/Volumes/Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, uid=0)
Jul 31 08:59:57 localhost OSInstaller[342]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkgâ€." UserInfo=0x7fd3dcca2360 {NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkgâ€., NSFilePath=/Volumes/Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=Essentials.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.Essentials, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fd3dd2c0f70 "The operation couldn’t be completed. cpio read error: bad file format"} {
    NSFilePath = "/Volumes/Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root";
    NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while extracting files from the package \U201cEssentials.pkg\U201d.";
    NSURL = "Essentials.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg";
    NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=BOMCopierFatalError Code=1 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. cpio read error: bad file format\" UserInfo=0x7fd3dd2dfaa0 {NSLocalizedFailureReason=cpio read error: bad file format, offset=2847022, type=BOMCopierFatalError, sourcePath=/System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg, destinationPath=/Volumes/Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root}";
    PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.apple.pkg.Essentials";
}
Jul 31 08:59:57 localhost OSInstaller[342]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkgâ€." UserInfo=0x7fd3dcca2360 {NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkgâ€., NSFilePath=/Volumes/Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=Essentials.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.Essentials, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fd3dd2c0f70 "The operation couldn’t be completed. cpio read error: bad file format"}
Jul 31 08:59:58 localhost OSInstaller[342]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Jul 31 08:59:59 localhost OSInstaller[342]: No system on disk Lion to revert bless
Jul 31 08:59:59 localhost OSInstaller[342]: Unable to revert bless to target or imgsrc.

It seems to fail every single time while extracting Essentials.pkg.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Followed your guide to a T

First up im using a asus striker 2 extreme mobo nvidia 790i chipset

Booted from usb no probs , installation started but once it came to the install on which drive i had no hdd to select in disc util ??

Anyway i managed to use my external usb hdd and installed it on there.

Booted up after installation completed and all thats happening is it just reboots my system ??

Does this mean it cant be done on a nvidia 790i chipset ??

I have problems booting the installer from my USB stick! The default method freezes, and using the boot of the newest Chameleon i get that far that my fan drives me crazy while "DSMOS has arrived" is written on the console. Nothing more - just this freeze!

I have a Toshiba Satellite R630-14J with the following specs:

* * CPU
  * * * Intel Core i5 460M  @ 2.53GHz* 44 °C
  * * * Arrandale 32nm Technology
  * * RAM
  * * * 4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
  * * Motherboard
  * * * TOSHIBA Portable PC (rBGA1288 Socket)* 50 °C
  * * Graphics
  * * * Internal LCD (1366x768@60Hz)
  * * * Intel(R) HD Graphics
  * * HDD
  * * * 313GB Hitachi Hitachi HTS545032B9A300 (SATA)
  * * Audio
  * * * Realtek High Definition Audio
  CPU
  * * Intel Core i5 460M
  * * * Cores* 2
  * * * Threads* 4
  * * * Name* Intel Core i5 460M
  * * * Codename* Arrandale
  * * * Socket* Socket 989 rPGA
  * * * Technology* 32nm
  * * * Specification* Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz
  Motherboard
  * Manufacturer* TOSHIBA
  * Model* Portable PC
  * Version* PT31LE-01D00HGR
  * Chipset* Intel
  * Chipsetmodel* Havendale/Clarkdale Host Bridge
  * Chipsetrevision* 02
  * Southbridge* Intel
  * Southbridgemodel* HM55
  * Southbridgerevision* 06
  * * BIOS
  * * * Brand* TOSHIBA
  * * * Version* Version 1.70
  * * * Date* 11/11/2010
  Graphics
  * * Monitor
  * * * Name* Internal LCD on Intel HD Graphics
  * * * Resolution* 1366x768 Pixel
  * * Intel(R) HD Graphics
  * * * Memory* 1720 MB
  * * * Type* 2
  * * * Driver-Version* 8.15.10.2189
  HDD
  * * Hitachi HTS545032B9A300
  Audio
  * * Soundcards
  * * * Realtek High Definition Audio
  * * * Intel(R) Display-Audio
  I/O
  * * Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
  * * Adapters List
  * * * * Broadcom 802.11n-Networkadapter
  * * * * Intel(R) 82577LC Gigabit Network Connection

I tried installing 10.6.3 (worked somehow) but i am not able to update to at least 10.6.6 to install Lion with xMove... any help or ideas for me? ;)

Hi All,

I am using MaldOn's method to install Lion, but I get PCI Configuration begin and it stucks.

I used the npci=0x2000 suggestion in another forum did not work, any idea how to get over this hump?

Thanks,

Artimess

Followed your guide to a T

First up im using a asus striker 2 extreme mobo nvidia 790i chipset

Booted from usb no probs , installation started but once it came to the install on which drive i had no hdd to select in disc util ??

Anyway i managed to use my external usb hdd and installed it on there.

Booted up after installation completed and all thats happening is it just reboots my system ??

Does this mean it cant be done on a nvidia 790i chipset ??

See my nForce OS X Lion (10.7) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO....... :)