ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

He!

thanks.

problem seems to to be solved by deleting AppleHPET.kext from system/library/extensions.

I reinstalled sl about 4 times in the last days without avail to solve the problem, but now this little hint is the clue.

Thanks again. I'm happy ;) And you get 20 Euro for your good work.

Hi for all!

Audiodriverwritter, tnx for your work - it's amazing! And i need help.

My Delta-66 (PCI) don't work. I installed Envy24_SL64bit_0.20 (Mac OS 10.6.2 hackintosh)

Sound Card init "Delta-66 Detected" and all OK.

Jan 31 12:16:50 localhost kernel[0]: M-Audio Delta 66 detected!

Jan 31 12:16:50 localhost kernel[0]: Memory allocated OK!

Jan 31 12:16:50 localhost kernel[0]: phys = 74f6000, virt = ffffff80361f5000

Jan 31 12:16:50 localhost kernel[0]: Memory allocated OK!

Jan 31 12:16:50 localhost kernel[0]: phys = 7834000, virt = ffffff8036355000

Envy24 device appeared in the system settings and AUDIO/MIDI, but when i try to play some songs in itunes or other players - no sound. But what i see in System pref - my sound card plaing in to INPUT

it's fixable?

Envy24 device appeared in the system settings and AUDIO/MIDI, but when i try to play some songs in itunes or other players - no sound. But what i see in System pref - my sound card plaing in to INPUT

it's fixable?

Ok, please go to Audio/MIDI setup, select Envy24 for both input and output and select 'Configure speakers'. Choose stereo and press the speaker test functions (left and right). See if sound comes out of your speakers.

Ok, please go to Audio/MIDI setup, select Envy24 for both input and output and select 'Configure speakers'. Choose stereo and press the speaker test functions (left and right). See if sound comes out of your speakers.

I tried it. Any manipulation of configuring the speakers not give any results. Sound does not appear, and when playing? all what I see - indication of input signal in the Sound control panel.

mobo - ASUS P5B Delux, if it says something.

shot_in.tiff shot_out.tiff

Ppl a differnet question,has anyone with a POWERPC apple machine got a envy4ht card to work there without having drivers?

Like for example,you have an terratec aureon and you used the m-audio drivers or something..and it worked..

In the next days I'll receive a G4 machine,and would like to put there my Terratec Aureon modded to audiotrak prodigy 7,1,but both models don't have drivers :S

Otherwise if anyone have an M-aduio Revolution 5.1/7.1 to sell cheap pm me :P

• 4 weeks later...

Can you help me installing or modifying the Envy24 driver for my Terratec DMX 6Fire sound card? It's almost the same as M-Audio AudioPhile 2496 or the big Terratecs or any other Envy24 based card.

I run the installer of 0.21 under 10.6.2 and since I have installed it, Envy24 driver appeared in the sound settings, I can see a greyed out volume control, and I hear a tick from the speakers during startup. But no sound playing. There was even a tick during the install process. Write me what kind of informations are you interested in and I will capture and upload them somewhere!

Thanks!

Can you help me installing or modifying the Envy24 driver for my Terratec DMX 6Fire sound card? It's almost the same as M-Audio AudioPhile 2496 or the big Terratecs or any other Envy24 based card.

I run the installer of 0.21 under 10.6.2 and since I have installed it, Envy24 driver appeared in the sound settings, I can see a greyed out volume control, and I hear a tick from the speakers during startup. But no sound playing. There was even a tick during the install process. Write me what kind of informations are you interested in and I will capture and upload them somewhere!

Thanks!

You can not just modify the driver I'm afraid. The DMX 6Fire doesn't have the same codecs as the Audiophile 2496, but it looks more like the Terratec EWX 2496 (same codecs). There is still no guarantee that if I detect a 6Fire and let it behave as a EWX2496 that it works since the GPIO's can be very different (the way codecs are connected to the Envy24). I can try that and send you a new version somewhere this or next week.

Hello!

First: Congratulations and Thanks for this Work!

but... the Envy 24 don´t work for me :):wacko:

My Configuration:

Core2Quad Q9550 - 4GB RAM - EP31-DS3L - Fame 2x2 PCI (identical with Terratec Phase 22 PCI) - iAtkos 1.5.7

any Idea?

Greets

You can not just modify the driver I'm afraid. The DMX 6Fire doesn't have the same codecs as the Audiophile 2496, but it looks more like the Terratec EWX 2496 (same codecs). There is still no guarantee that if I detect a 6Fire and let it behave as a EWX2496 that it works since the GPIO's can be very different (the way codecs are connected to the Envy24). I can try that and send you a new version somewhere this or next week.

Hi, I would be happy to help you in any beta testing! I dig into it yesterday and here is what I found:

There is a History.txt file in the DMX6Fire folder, which starts like this:

/*=============================================================================
  FILE:		 History.txt
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  DESCRIPTION:  PHASE 88, EWS88 MT/D, EWX 24/96 and DMX6fire Driver History (WDM)
  DATE:		 31-Aug-2007
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  COPYRIGHT:	(c) 2000-2007, TerraTec Electronic GmbH. All Rights Reserved.
=============================================================================*/

Even if the drivers are different they couldn't be so much if the they were compiled from the same code tree.

Something more important, a part from an early DMX6Fire driver:

[TerraTec]
%DeviceName_TTP7%=TTP7.Device,PCI\VEN_1412&DEV_1712&SUBSYS_1138153B

;%DeviceName_TTP7%=TTP7.Device,PCI\VEN_1412&DEV_1712&SUBSYS_1138153B&REV_02
;FMB TEST: allow 88MT to load this driver
;%DeviceName_TTP7%=TTP7.Device,PCI\VEN_1412&DEV_1712&SUBSYS_1115153B

3. point is that all the differences in ews.c from ALSA package doesn't seem too complex (from what I understand just some different registers for initializing different parts, but that code didn't look like some complex chip controlling thing).

BTW I could install the Phase88 driver in Windows using inf modding, and the driver starts, but the volume control (in control panel) is greyed out in the same way as it is in OS X. I will see what does ASIO say about that, maybe the channels are just remapped somewhere.

UPDATE:

Using a simple dev id modding, the EWX 24/96 driver works fine with a DMX6Fire under XP! The volume control is greyed out, but everything works as it should!

Hello!

First: Congratulations and Thanks for this Work!

but... the Envy 24 don´t work for me :wacko::wacko:

My Configuration:

Core2Quad Q9550 - 4GB RAM - EP31-DS3L - Fame 2x2 PCI (identical with Terratec Phase 22 PCI) - iAtkos 1.5.7

any Idea?

Greets

You would need the Envy24HT driver, not the Envy24 driver in any case. Besides that, I expect that the subvendor ID of that card is different than the original Phase 22 one. If you can dig up the subvendor ID, I'll add it.

UPDATE:

Using a simple dev id modding, the EWX 24/96 driver works fine with a DMX6Fire under XP! The volume control is greyed out, but everything works as it should!

Ok, but does it work under OSX now too with my driver?

You would need the Envy24HT driver, not the Envy24 driver in any case. Besides that, I expect that the subvendor ID of that card is different than the original Phase 22 one. If you can dig up the subvendor ID, I'll add it.

Thanks!

Is this correct so?:

TerraTec Electronic GmbH

PCI\VEN_1412&DEV_1724&SUBSYS_117B153B&REV_01

PCI\VEN_1412&DEV_1724&SUBSYS_117B153B

PCI\VEN_1412&DEV_1724&CC_040100

PCI\VEN_1412&DEV_1724&CC_0401

oem4.inf:TerraTec.NTAMD64:TS22PCI.Device:5.30.3.26:pci\ven_1412&dev_1724&subsys_117b153b

pci\ven_1412&dev_1724&subsys_117b153b

Envy24HT driver don´t work for me.

Greets

Hi audiodriver Writer, i have a serious problem with my soundcard, is an hercules 16/12 Firewire they recently made snowleopard drivers but only 32 bits, i need to run in 64 bit mode because of my orchestral writing that uses 6 gb ram in logic, so i want to know if your driver could work or if its posible to convert the 32 bit driver to the 64 bit.

Here are the links to the driver and soundcard info

Links : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/hercules-16,975.html

http://ts.hercules.com/download/pub/webupd...FW_2_51.pkg.zip

Thanks and sorry for my english

PD:i really need this soundcard for a work in progress and dont have enough money to spend in a similar soundcard! im desperate!

Hi audiodriver Writer, i have a serious problem with my soundcard, is an hercules 16/12 Firewire they recently made snowleopard drivers but only 32 bits, i need to run in 64 bit mode because of my orchestral writing that uses 6 gb ram in logic, so i want to know if your driver could work or if its posible to convert the 32 bit driver to the 64 bit.

Here are the links to the driver and soundcard info

Links : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/hercules-16,975.html

http://ts.hercules.com/download/pub/webupd...FW_2_51.pkg.zip

Thanks and sorry for my english

PD:i really need this soundcard for a work in progress and dont have enough money to spend in a similar soundcard! im desperate!

My drivers do not work with firewire devices so I'm afraid I can not help you.

Hello audiodriverwriter,

Is there any chance to get analog Volume control for Aureon Space 7.1 cards. It is just only problem that stopping me to switch to MAC completely. Maybe some donation can help to solve this problem? :)

Hello audiodriverwriter,

Is there any chance to get analog Volume control for Aureon Space 7.1 cards. It is just only problem that stopping me to switch to MAC completely. Maybe some donation can help to solve this problem? :)

I can have a look. Donations always help speed it up of course! :(