ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

@arqui

There is no gain on the codec, so that can't be implemented, sorry. It's just not there in hardware.

Well maybe i didn't explain it very well. It´s not "gain" but a regulator for the input signal that is coming in like a trimmer or so.

If this helps.... I don't know...

Cheers :D

Well maybe i didn't explain it very well. It´s not "gain" but a regulator for the input signal that is coming in like a trimmer or so.

If this helps.... I don't know...

Cheers ;)

Heh, yeah, but then you're already in the digital circuitry, so you'd better have as much input signal there is at that point. Trimming won't reduce any clipping in the AD conversion.

Someone ever tried one of the last drivers with a Hoontech DSP24?

Do you think it's worth trying?

No, it's not worth trying since I didn't add its subvendor ID and card specific code.

What I can do for unknown subvendor ID's is to just continue instead of abort. Then digital out will almost certainly work using channel 9-10. And if codecs are used that don't have programmable registers like the Delta 1010, these will work as well, but it seems only the 1010 have those kind of codecs.

Hi Audiodriverwriter, great work your doing, just wanted to know if you plan to do some developing for the envy24HT cards as well?

What specific card do you have in mind?

audiodriverwriter ,can you add hoontech dsp24 value ,please?

this from osx86 tool utility: Multimedia audio controller [0401]: VIA Technologies Inc. ICE1712 [Envy24] PCI Multi-Channel I/O Controller [1412:1712] (rev 02).

Info: http://ixbtlabs.com/articles/hoontechdsp24value1/index.html.

thank you.

From what I see in the alsa source, it's not trivial to add, especially without the card here. Perhaps I'll try to add it in future.

Hey it works! I tried the 0.7.0 Version for my M-Audio 2496, and Sound Out and In is working. Good Work, horay! In Vista 64 i have beta drivers from M-Audio :D

So i will play around with the new sound feature in OS X and tell how is it working.

;)

post-309910-1227545126_thumb.png

Heh, thanks! There are no volume controls yet, so perhaps that's why Logic is acting 'crazy'? Please define 'crazy' by the way! :-)

I've had this issue with my own audio app under OSX, where log() on my AMD processor sometimes returned 'crazy' values causing the faders to jump up and down.

I am currently trying to get the Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 to work.

It was good to read that You are working on Audiotrak Cards.

Could You add the Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 XT vendor ids (SubVen ID: 0x3136 SubDevID: 0x4154) to Your next driver version too?

It would be a nice to figure out that this card also work under OS X.

I don't think I can do anything soon about the 10 outs and 12 ins. That's what the Envy24 streams, no matter how many channels there are actually used or no matter how many codecs are connected. I can not create separate audio streams in the driver since there can be only one large buffer holding the 10 output streams and one buffer holding the 12 input streams simultaneously.

However, in my own audio application, I see stereo pairs anyway, so I can just select output 1-2 etc. Perhaps I should send you my audio app for you to check, even though it's a beta test version too. I can not afford to buy Logic or whatever just to check this behavior out.

Perhaps when I implement volume controls, Logic will stop acting strange?

Anyway, the 1010 will never have volume controls, since it ehm.. doesn't have volume controls in the codecs!