ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

I can confirm that the Envy24 0.7.0 works with my M-Audio Audiophile 2496 like a champ (both ins and outs). Kalyway 10.5.3, Gigabyte ex-38, 4gigs ram, etc. I have only done a basic quick-test but when I get back home I will give it a closer look.

audiodriverwriter is awesome.

First thanks for the great work, audiodriverwriter! I had given all hope on the Envy24 front. Now, my card (Onkyo SE-90) has a Envy24MT chip - I suppose your drivers will not work with it. Can I do something to help you add support for it? There seems to be a FreeBSD driver available, I don't know if it's any to you. Anyway, great work!

First thanks for the great work, audiodriverwriter! I had given all hope on the Envy24 front. Now, my card (Onkyo SE-90) has a Envy24MT chip - I suppose your drivers will not work with it. Can I do something to help you add support for it? There seems to be a FreeBSD driver available, I don't know if it's any to you. Anyway, great work!

Hi Martin,

There are currently lots of requests for support for specific sound cards (that I don't have). I'll see what I can do, but my time is limited.

@audiowriter

Can you please continue doing the volume control for audiophile 2496 because without the control menu it's kinda complicated to use especially because of the active speakers which you cant control easily...

Thx

Ah, active speakers.. I have a mixer and amp with volume knob in between, that's probably why I didn't make volume support directly! :D

If no other urgent matter pops up today, I'll see what I can do tonight.

Hi Audiodriverwriter,

Thank you so much for your effort. I have a 1010LT on my Hackintosh with iAtkos 10.5.5 on my GA-EP35-DS3R.

I orginally had a tough time getting my on board audio Realtek ALC888A to show up with the drivers provided in this forum. I had to install 10 times. Now this might be the case for these drives since the Envy24 still has not shown up in my sound prefrences. Anyone know why audiodriverwriter's Envy24.0.7.0 driver didn't make my 1010LT show up? Can I force the driver to the PCI card?

Thanks,

Tony :)

Over at the site it says Delta 1010 is verified, when you download the driver and install it it says possibly? OSX says it´s there so the driver loads (if no card it does´nt) but the break out box does´nt start up, the pci card should fire up the break out box when you boot up but it does´nt. Seems also to be hard to get any replys from the Delta 1010 owners how it worked for them.

I donated a few euros for the 44 cause that one works good and I will again if the 1010 comes alive.

The 1010LT WORKS NOW on my GA-EP35-DS3R with iAtkos 10.5.5!!!!!

For some reason my hakintosh does not install drivers from the installers well. I had to extract the installer to get the kext and used kextkelper to install and worked.

Anyone know why some installers down register the kext. I have this problem is other installers. I always have to install kexts manually.

Thanks again... I will donate today.

@audiowriter

Can you please continue doing the volume control for audiophile 2496 because without the control menu it's kinda complicated to use especially because of the active speakers which you cant control easily...

Thx

Audiowriter!

Thats my problem too, i have the controll button behind the speakers:( Yeah and the driver workd great on Terratec Sky 5.1, killa man!!!! Now i modded to audiotrak prodigy 7.1, i not tried in osx after modding, but i think the same..

Great work!!!

Ok, for Delta 2496 and 44/66 users only:

Version 0.8.0 of the Envy24 driver adds output volume controls for channels 1-2 on the Delta 2496 and output volume controls for 1-4 for the Delta 44/66. You can change volume in 'Audio MIDI Setup' in Utilities. Sound prefs doesn't seem to have any controls since it's not a stereo but multi-channel stream.

Let me know if this does anything at all and if it does, if it makes some sense! :)

Let me know if this does anything at all and if it does, if it makes some sense! :D

I have test it. It does not work.

I can change Volume in Audio-Midi-Setup (also in Sound prefs and on the menu bar),

but it do not change the volume.

Another question. Can you make the SPDIF working?

I have test it. It does not work.

I can change Volume in Audio-Midi-Setup (also in Sound prefs and on the menu bar),

but it do not change the volume.

Another question. Can you make the SPDIF working?

Hmm... sigh. I'll try some more tonight.

About S/PDIF. If you send audio to channels 9-10 it should come out of your s/pdif.

Anyone has tested the latest Envy24 driver on a Delta44/66 and got volume working?

hi audiodriverwriter,

I have tested it now on my second machine with the Delta66.

Volume change works on all 4 channels and also on the menu bar and in system prefs.

And the S/PDIF on 9-10 works also.

will we have more inputs and outputs working on the future driver releases on the 1010LT? Also we will definitely not have volume control, right?

To my knowledge, every in- and output should work on the 1010LT, but by your comment I assume it doesn't. Might be that the other codecs are not initialized properly. On the 1010LT you will get volume and gain controls, just not on the 1010 (without LT).

It seems a general problem that hardware that I don't have has some issues and I need some more time to fix them.