ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

Well, it is working for some people, but I'll change it.

Does 'Envy24' show up in sound prefs at all by the way?

Yes it does but the breakoutbox does´nt start up (it has it´s own psu) like I said before and without it maby you can use s/pdif but you´ll have no analogoue ins or outs.

audiodriverwriter I'm so glad seeing your improvements with different sound cards, now my question is which of this sound cards would you say are the best working ones for MIDI, AUDIO or/and Core Audio?

audiodriverwriter I'm so glad seeing your improvements with different sound cards, now my question is which of this sound cards would you say are the best working ones for MIDI, AUDIO or/and Core Audio?

Well, all use Core Audio (there is nothing else really) and none have Midi, so it's more down to what number of in- and outputs you require I guess and what kind of connectors you prefer.

Well, all use Core Audio (there is nothing else really) and none have Midi, so it's more down to what number of in- and outputs you require I guess and what kind of connectors you prefer.

Ok, so if all use Core Audio, have you tried how low you can use the latency? you know using Logic as sequencer and recording audio from inputs

Do you think if there's a chance to support MIDI on those cards?

Ok, so if all use Core Audio, have you tried how low you can use the latency? you know using Logic as sequencer and recording audio from inputs

Do you think if there's a chance to support MIDI on those cards?

I don't have Logic as I use my own audio application. To get perfect timing, you always require some form of latency correction anyway, but Core Audio should get you very low latencies. But others here probably know better than me, since I'm not a 'real' OSX user.

Sure there is a chance that I'll support MIDI, but not anytime soon I'm afraid.

I know that its asking a bit much from you audiodriverwriter, but do you think you will ever try to write the driver so it supports the onboard audio on a shuttle SN25P? Its a onboard VIA Envy24PT w/ VIA VT1617A Codec, Wolfson WM8728 DAC - 8 Channel. Thanks and I will def. donate and I hope others with a similar chipset donate so you can get one of these chipsets and experiment. Thanks.

Great job audiodriverwriter, ur tha man :-) Finally my Audiophile 2496 works as a charm . Thank you so much. There is just one small problem with volume control, I installed envy 24 version with fixed audio control, now I can move audio button but it does not affect anything i can only change the volume through player. I tried all options in midi audio setup but nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Great job audiodriverwriter, ur tha man :-) Finally my Audiophile 2496 works as a charm . Thank you so much. There is just one small problem with volume control, I installed envy 24 version with fixed audio control, now I can move audio button but it does not affect anything i can only change the volume through player. I tried all options in midi audio setup but nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

No, it has been reported before. Since I can't see anything wrong in the code, I'm trying to find a 2nd hand 2496 so I can try and debug it myself. But at the moment, I can't find any. It's a matter of time.

No, it has been reported before. Since I can't see anything wrong in the code, I'm trying to find a 2nd hand 2496 so I can try and debug it myself. But at the moment, I can't find any. It's a matter of time.

same for me, thanx for the driver though!!!

(using 2496)

Nice work, Audiodriverwriter.

I have the M-Audio Delta Audiophile 192, tried the driver.... it works (sounds good) but it freezes up after a while, most often when coming back from sleep.

Any ideas ? Not sure I am running the right kernel, etc, but it says "10.5.6" (with some old extensions). Thanks a lot .

Does anybody know how well the 1010LT works with logic? I don't have this card yet was thinking of getting a firewire interface next month but if these drivers are stable enough/usable I might get the 1010LT and leave a donation with the money I save instead.

Nice work, Audiodriverwriter.

I have the M-Audio Delta Audiophile 192, tried the driver.... it works (sounds good) but it freezes up after a while, most often when coming back from sleep.

Any ideas ? Not sure I am running the right kernel, etc, but it says "10.5.6" (with some old extensions). Thanks a lot .

Hmm.. there is no power management code in the driver, nor have I seen an interface for it. So basically I wouldn't know how to fix that. My system sometimes doesn't receive mouse clicks anymore (or perhaps it's just the HD not reacting anymore) after coming back from sleep, but I think I had that too without the audio driver running.

Hmm.. there is no power management code in the driver, nor have I seen an interface for it. So basically I wouldn't know how to fix that. My system sometimes doesn't receive mouse clicks anymore (or perhaps it's just the HD not reacting anymore) after coming back from sleep, but I think I had that too without the audio driver running.

If I remove the driver (or even choose the mainboard builtin sound) I never get a freeze. So it is definitely the ENVY24HT driver that causes problems. The only other freezes I got so far is sometimes after an Apple update like 10.5.6; I had to put back some old extensions.

I use a TYAN motherboard with chipsets Intel5400 + 6321ESB, if that helps.

Thanks

Version 0.10 of the Envy24 driver now adds support for the Terratec EWX2496 (including output volume control) AND will *hopefully* fix the output volume control issue for the M-Audio Delta 2496. Let me know if this works.

Volume and Balance is working on 2496.