ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

J'ai une carte son Hoontech Dsp 24 value, j'ai installer avec la pilote Envy24, maintenant elle fonctionne bien sous Leopard 10.5.5 iDeneb v1.3.

Merci les programmeurs de cette pilote.

Voici le lien: http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/

Attention, c'est le Envy24 ( pas de Envy24HT)

J'ai une carte son Hoontech Dsp 24 value, j'ai installer avec la pilote Envy24, maintenant elle fonctionne bien sous Leopard 10.5.5 iDeneb v1.3.

Merci les programmeurs de cette pilote.

Voici le lien: http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/

Attention, c'est le Envy24 ( pas de Envy24HT)

Cool! I am wondering what codecs the Hoontech DSP value has, since I have no code that initializes the codecs. Or did you use digital out only?

I have released version 0.4.0 of the Envy24HT driver. It adds support for the Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 (not XT or HiFi!) and initial support for the Prodigy HD2. It also adds output volume controls for the ESI Juli@. Note that the Juli@'s codecs don't have input gain controls, so they won't be available.

wow cool work

the volume control on audiophile 2496 works, but there are two things I'm missin or wrong:

When I "click the volume low" with my F10 key, it's getting quieter and quieter but at the end when the symbol turns to "no sound" there is still the sound left from the volume position with one point, so mute doesn't work

secondly the spdif isn't available, is it?

Merry christmas

greets frag84

THX for your work

wow cool work

the volume control on audiophile 2496 works, but there are two things I'm missin or wrong:

When I "click the volume low" with my F10 key, it's getting quieter and quieter but at the end when the symbol turns to "no sound" there is still the sound left from the volume position with one point, so mute doesn't work

Merry christmas

greets frag84

THX for your work

Hmm.. there is no power management code in the driver, nor have I seen an interface for it. So basically I wouldn't know how to fix that. My system sometimes doesn't receive mouse clicks anymore (or perhaps it's just the HD not reacting anymore) after coming back from sleep, but I think I had that too without the audio driver running.

So since the [u]Audiophile 192[/u] it's supported would like to know how it's working // is it Recording enabled? // What Samplerate and Bitrate is supported for this card // any answer will be of great help // thks in advance

wow cool work

Merry christmas

greets frag84

THX for your work

I could make the lowest volume position to be really mute if you wish.

S/PDIF is supposed to work, but apparently it's not. I'm getting a 2nd hand 2496 in a couple of days so I can try it myself and fix it. Note that you would require to select output 9-10 to get sound out of the S/PDIF.

So since the [u]Audiophile 192[/u] it's supported would like to know how it's working // is it Recording enabled? // What Samplerate and Bitrate is supported for this card // any answer will be of great help // thks in advance

Recording is definately enabled. Bitrate is always 24-bit, so that's always good.

Sample rate should work up to 192kHz, but that might need some driver tweaking. Just let me know if some rates don't work correctly and I'll fix it.

Merry Christmas!

What about Prodigy 7.1LT? OSX86 Tools give me this info: 05:00.0 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: VIA Technologies Inc. VT1720/24 [Envy24PT/HT] PCI Multi-Channel Audio Controller [1412:1724] (rev 01)

I probably could make the 7.1LT working, but it requires some work setting up the codec.

Hoontech Dsp 24 value is working!

audiodriverwriter ,can you make output control for it?

thank you for your work!

Heh, I really don't understand that the dsp24 value is working, since I didn't support it yet, so it goes into some form of 'generic' mode. Does the system.log say something like that by the way?

What codec does it use, AK4524?

audiodriverwriter its part of system.log:

''Generic Envy24 detected!

Dec 26 23:26:47 asa-kols kernel[0]:

This specific Envy24 card with subvendor id 12141217 is not really supported!

Only digital out might work.

Dec 26 23:26:47 asa-kols kernel[0]: Allocated with limit!''

But input and output works well.Codec ak4524.

to @udiodriverwriter ... great job man /// just wanted to know what would it be the difference in QUALITY from > playing and recorging sound (specially with the Audiophile 192) with your driver and any OFFICIAL driver from M-Audio/// now I know that it plays and records at 24bit 192Khz(or less//dont care since ill be 44 or 92Khz) but would be any difference from playing -- recording in windows with M=Audio drivers and playing . recording in OSX86 with ur driver.??

great project// apreciate your work.. thks in advance

to @udiodriverwriter ... great job man /// just wanted to know what would it be the difference in QUALITY from > playing and recorging sound (specially with the Audiophile 192) with your driver and any OFFICIAL driver from M-Audio/// now I know that it plays and records at 24bit 192Khz(or less//dont care since ill be 44 or 92Khz) but would be any difference from playing -- recording in windows with M=Audio drivers and playing . recording in OSX86 with ur driver.??

great project// apreciate your work.. thks in advance

The quality is primarily determined by the used codecs. So, unless I have done something strange when converting to/from floating point, it should be exactly the same.

audiodriverwriter its part of system.log:

''Generic Envy24 detected!

Dec 26 23:26:47 asa-kols kernel[0]:

This specific Envy24 card with subvendor id 12141217 is not really supported!

Only digital out might work.

Dec 26 23:26:47 asa-kols kernel[0]: Allocated with limit!''

But input and output works well.Codec ak4524.

Heh, then you are really having a lot of luck! I'll see if I can support volume controls but first I need to find how that AK4524 is connected.

Cool! I am wondering what codecs the Hoontech DSP value has, since I have no code that initializes the codecs. Or did you use digital out only?

I have released version 0.4.0 of the Envy24HT driver. It adds support for the Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 (not XT or HiFi!) and initial support for the Prodigy HD2. It also adds output volume controls for the ESI Juli@. Note that the Juli@'s codecs don't have input gain controls, so they won't be available.

audiodriverwriter, would you please think about to include onkyo se-200 to the supporting list? I really hope that one day I could listen some music in my leopard :(

m-audio 2496

I could make the lowest volume position to be really mute if you wish.

S/PDIF is supposed to work, but apparently it's not. I'm getting a 2nd hand 2496 in a couple of days so I can try it myself and fix it. Note that you would require to select output 9-10 to get sound out of the S/PDIF.

this would be great (both the volume thing and the spdif thing)

thx

Ok, I downloaded the latest driver (0.4) from your page, installed it using the installer, verified/repaired permissons via Disk Utility - rebooted the system but no sound...nothing comes up under Sound nor Audio/Midi setup...

I'm using ESI Juli@ under Mac OS X 10.4.8,

something I have missed during install?

@audidriverwriter

I've some issues with a delta 44 (envy24) sometimes the driver fail to load. Mac os 10.5.6 vanilla.

here is what the log says:

Envy24AudioDevice[0x3ed8100]::initHardware(0x3897500)

27/12/08 15:35:16 kernel M-Audio Delta 44 detected!

27/12/08 15:35:16 kernel Created control

27/12/08 15:35:16 kernel Failed to allocate with limit!

27/12/08 15:35:16 kernel Couldn't allocate memory for output buffer!

27/12/08 15:35:16 kernel Something failed in the engine!

I don't know what's causing this. May be you ??

thanks again for all your work

Hey chk this oUt /// M-Audio support reSpoNSE to a MAK owner usr

---- Qstion // I own a Audiophile 192 card and as I'm updating from a G4 MAC to an Intel Based Mac I would like to receive support for my Audiophile 192 on Intel MAC because I want to use a PCI-Express to PCI Adapter

---- M-TEAm answer // At this point, M-audio does not offer support for those cards on the intel system because of the PCI-Express issue.

M-audio does not currently support PCI-Express to PCI adapters.

-----------------------------------------------------------

so OK...

1st // can u really put a PCI-Express to PCI Adapter on a Intel/Based Mac?

2d // can we kind press M-TEAM to compile these drivers with this kind aRguMenT??

thks for answers?.....

/////////

hey mR @udiodriverwriter /// I really think ur work and the whole project have been just great /(havent tried ur driver// im just waiting for my ADP 192 ) really think gonna work/ but / just wondering how to get some support from M/audio/// ?? thksagain ;):)

Hey chk this oUt /// M-Audio support reSpoNSE to a MAK owner usr

---- Qstion // I own a Audiophile 192 card and as I'm updating from a G4 MAC to an Intel Based Mac I would like to receive support for my Audiophile 192 on Intel MAC because I want to use a PCI-Express to PCI Adapter

---- M-TEAm answer // At this point, M-audio does not offer support for those cards on the intel system because of the PCI-Express issue.

M-audio does not currently support PCI-Express to PCI adapters.

-----------------------------------------------------------

so OK...

1st // can u really put a PCI-Express to PCI Adapter on a Intel/Based Mac?

2d // can we kind press M-TEAM to compile these drivers with this kind aRguMenT??

thks for answers?.....

/////////

hey mR @udiodriverwriter /// I really think ur work and the whole project have been just great /(havent tried ur driver// im just waiting for my ADP 192 ) really think gonna work/ but / just wondering how to get some support from M/audio/// ?? thksagain :);)

If you do a little bit of search throughout the forum you'll easilly discover more threads about the M-Audio support issue. Those, in turn, will navigate you to links of the M-Audio forum sites. We've been trying to persuade the company with petitions etc., but to no avail as of yet. (Personnally i doubt they'll do anything)

Wow! just found this thread and .... my... MY!!!

So, any reports on how these drivers work with Juli@ in 10.5.x?

I'll try it, but a bit scared of reinstalling... errr :)

2 audiodriverwriter:

If this works, I'm willing to donate too (and some more than 5 bucks - I really appreciate the effort and possibility to use Juli@ in Mac OS), but the same problem mentioned above: russia, paypal... What is that direct bank transfer? Kind of "i want this money to be transferred to account X" or what? I'd be really pleased to donate even if ... well, I hope Juli@ works...

Thanx, biggest thanx for that! You're the man!

Hi,

I'm pretty new to OSX and I'm having some trouble with the envy24 drivers (I have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496).

By simply installing the "Envy24.0.11.0.dmg" I get nothing, then I tried installing the Juli@ drivers and it worked.

BUT... sometimes at random after restarts, the drivers stop to "work/load?" and I have to reinstalla the drivers to make them work again.

Now... they won't work even after reinstallation.... here the log that may help:

macpro31 kernel[0]: Envy24AudioDevice[0x5874300]::initHardware(0x4b94f00)

macpro31 kernel[0]: M-Audio Audiophile 2496 detected!

macpro31 kernel[0]: Created control

--- last message repeated 1 time ---

macpro31 kernel[0]: Failed to allocate with limit!

macpro31 kernel[0]: Couldn't allocate memory for output buffer!

macpro31 kernel[0]: Something failed in the engine!

If someone have any clue on how should I procede to solve this problem is very appreciated.

Question: Should the audio card work by just install the "Envy24.0.11.0.dmg" or it is normal the it work after adding the Juli@ drivers too?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm pretty new to OSX and I'm having some trouble with the envy24 drivers (I have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496).

By simply installing the "Envy24.0.11.0.dmg" I get nothing, then I tried installing the Juli@ drivers and it worked.

BUT... sometimes at random after restarts, the drivers stop to "work/load?" and I have to reinstalla the drivers to make them work again.

Now... they won't work even after reinstallation.... here the log that may help:

macpro31 kernel[0]: Envy24AudioDevice[0x5874300]::initHardware(0x4b94f00)

macpro31 kernel[0]: M-Audio Audiophile 2496 detected!

macpro31 kernel[0]: Created control

--- last message repeated 1 time ---

macpro31 kernel[0]: Failed to allocate with limit!

macpro31 kernel[0]: Couldn't allocate memory for output buffer!

macpro31 kernel[0]: Something failed in the engine!

If someone have any clue on how should I procede to solve this problem is very appreciated.

Question: Should the audio card work by just install the "Envy24.0.11.0.dmg" or it is normal the it work after adding the Juli@ drivers too?

Thanks in advance.

same problem as me, the driver fail to load and then no sound in osx at all. I've the same error messages. I guess it's a bug in the driver, I've PM audiodriverwriter for this particular issue already.