ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

Ok, let's first if I can fix it by looking through the code etc., then we'll wait until 2 eBay auctions are over (Sunday). Then we'll see how much shipment costs to the Netherlands! ;)

Ever tried the 1010 under Linux/Alsa by the way?

Through the spanish postal service, no much. But only the card, if you want the external rack module too ... expensive I think. :(

To test the system freezes and listen the S/PDIF output is sufficient.

Through the spanish postal service, no much. But only the card, if you want the external rack module too ... expensive I think. ;)

To test the system freezes and listen the S/PDIF output is sufficient.

Ah, didn't think of that. Did you try if attaching or detaching the rack module makes a difference for my driver?

I tried attaching and detaching the rack module and no difference... system freezes.

I tried to disconnect the AJA card (incompatibility?) and the system freezes.

Thanks for you work!.

Well possible theres no diference because the module is only the jack/conectors interface.

I try this beta 0.3

my 1010 is ok! but volume contorol is none. on main output1,2 only

apps volume is ok

in use iDeneb 1.3

another output, input is not test. but input level is work.

Heh, that's weird. What is iDeneb 1.3 actually? I mean, what version of OSX does it result in?

There are no volume controls implemented yet.

Sorry if I don't understand your post correctly, but are only outputs 1-2 working and not 3-4 for instance? And are all inputs working?

Thanks for testing!

I try this beta 0.3

my 1010 is ok! but volume contorol is none. on main output1,2 only

apps volume is ok

in use iDeneb 1.3

another output, input is not test. but input level is work.

Good news.

In my system it doesn't works. I will re-install macosx.

HELP! HELP! :thumbsup_anim::blink::(

System freezes if i try to enter in the sound preferences tab! Envy24 v3 is recognized by Amplitube, but when i try to select my preferences relating to audio... It freezes!

It doesn't work. I use iDeneb 1.3 (witch is version10.5.5 OS X)

How can i remove the driver? I dont know where it is, and dont know how to remove it! :unsure:

HELP audiodriverwriter!

To remove the driver, open a terminal and type:

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24PCIAudioDriver.kext

(you may have to type in your password here, if you don't have a password, this will fail!)

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24PCIAudioDriver.kext

(yes, that's twice, since the first might fail)

then type

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24PCIAudioDriver.kext

It seems that the physical memory address of the out- and input buffer is beyond 256 MB, which the (old) Envy24 chip can't handle. Actually, this doesn't happen for me, but 'music producer' tested it for me and we found out it happens on his system.

This means that I have to find out if OSX can be forced to allocate memory in the first 256 MB of memory space.

Which makes me wonder, how much memory do people have in their machines with non-working 1010LT or 1010?

Would be great if you can test it if you limit your memory to 256 or 512 MB.

Well i have 4GB of ram... The thing is if we limit tha amount of memory in the system it would be almost impossible for Pro Tools to work....

And PT just works with m-audio hardware....

Well i have 4GB of ram... The thing is if we limit tha amount of memory in the system it would be almost impossible for Pro Tools to work....

And PT just works with m-audio hardware....

Just for testing, this wouldn't be the 'solution', but I just want to know if it starts working for you so it's not something else that I need to chase.

16 GB (8 x 2 GB) ;)

Oh my... Well, this can explain it..

I only have 1 GB. So far I didn't find a OSX memory allocation function that limits the physical address, I'll look further.

I've found something that can limit the physical address. I will try tonight. Wish me luck! But still, if anyone can test with only 1GB or less memory, please do so.

You're hard-working.

I can't test with 1 GB but ... good luck!.