ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

@Sorex

Heh, that's funny. But that would mean that the prodigy uses the exact same codecs as the Aureon and that all GPIO's are connected in the same way.

I actually only read the subvendor ID from the EEPROM, since (as I reported earlier) reading from EEPROM is not always giving me the same values. The other settings that are contained in the EEPROM aren't used.

About your USB problems: that sounds like my interrupt handler is also grabbing the USB device's interrupts! I thought I made sure that wasn't the case, but apparently I made a mistake somewhere! :)

I will try to fix that. Many thanks for testing!

I was happy, when I read Your post Sorex, because I have also an Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 card. precisely a 7.1 XT card, which has TOSLINK optical inputs and outputs, which is the same as Terratec's Aureon Space 7.1.

So Audiodriverwriter, if it is possible to add these cards to your driver's supported cards, it would be a great help for us.

I have found a webpage, where all of the ENVY 24 cards are listed, with their memory dumps and specifications. You can find FreeBSD drivers here too.

If it is a help for you, here is the address of the page: http://envy24.svobodno.com/

I hope it will be a help in your driver development process.

Thank you for your efforts. In the name of the OSx86 community.

Thanks!

Alright, showtime! ;)

If you have any of the above mentioned cards, please download the BETA Envy24HT driver at:

http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/

Note, I don't have another OSX86 machine, so don't be surprised if this doesn't install or work. But I'd be glad to hear if it did!

If you like my work, donations are always welcome at paypal AT audio-evolution.com! :(

No M-Audio Delta?

what about M-Audio (|>)elta Audiophile 24/96?

@axel and ChromeBio

Please people, read the thread carefully. I have stated several times that Envy24HT is not the same as Envy24 and I would start with the Envy24 driver (for the M-audio Delta series amongst others) after the HT is finished.

But seeing that there have been no donations at all, I think I will first continue on my other projects.

wow, great work on the driver man, did anyone try this with the audiotrak prodigy 7.1 hifi? I can't access my machine for a few weeks ;) cheers~

I check on subvendor ID, so unless you flash your eeprom and have tons of luck, any other card than I mentioned will not work, since I simply exit the driver code when I encounter a card that is not in my list of known (and therefore supported) cards.

Ok, GREAT thanks goes to audiodriverwriter...

And his asking of donations would fit his work just right...unlucky enough though me myself cannot actually afford any kind of donations right now but probably in the end of the month... :hysterical:

Have to check whether my ESI Juli@ works in this hackintosh-machine...

Still though, this question goes out to our own programmer; If i bought a Motherboard (say MSI) with pci-e support 4x and 16 x...and I installed the ESI Juli@ card into one of these slots....(since that's what you do in a real MAC OS X Apple computer) would the original driver from ESI work??? Or have I missed something here regarding the support of the OSX86 in itself...?

@MugrnHiryu

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean, but you can't stick a PCI card into a PCI-express slot. And real Intel Macs don't have PCI slots (only express), which is the whole reason I wrote this driver. Since otherwise, the sound card manufacturers would already have made Intel drivers for their PCI cards.

I check on subvendor ID, so unless you flash your eeprom and have tons of luck, any other card than I mentioned will not work, since I simply exit the driver code when I encounter a card that is not in my list of known (and therefore supported) cards.

I see, thanks for the information, so there's no way Prodigy 7.1 HiFi will be supported? If it's too much trouble to write that then i understand, thanks for all your work :hysterical:

I see, thanks for the information, so there's no way Prodigy 7.1 HiFi will be supported? If it's too much trouble to write that then i understand, thanks for all your work :hysterical:

I'll see what I can do, the hardest part is that I don't have such a card here which makes developing/testing/debugging a bit trial and error.

What I mean is that, this card is supposed to work on a MAC machine as well isn't it? At least that's what it says on on the spec (Require Mac OS 10.2 or better)...

In that case, how am I supposed to install it on that system? Do I need som special adapters? Or is it just that plain simple that a Power PC or G4 fixes it and not the G5...cause of the pci-e...

By the way, is the ESI Juli@ MIDI I/O supposed to work too?

Updated my post while you were replying....but yeah I see that now...forgot all about them PPC's with PCI slots...

Ok, but about the MIDI I/O...your driver handle this as well?

/Keep Up the Good Work!!!

Heh, thanks!

No, I'm afraid I have no time for that now, perhaps in future.

I do have MIDI support for these cards on AmigaOS, but I don't know how to fit that into Core Audio/MIDI.

HI Audiodriverwriter!

Thanks your excelent work! You are a {censored}in genius man!

My Aureon SKY 5.1 fully working, my only problem is, i can use only 6 chanel(no stereo option) output. I never use 5.1 and i think stereo is not the same, like the 5.1 front speakers(without the center). If the same i have no question...

Moving on from here once all your issues have been resolved with your current drivers can you make drivers for the Maya44 mk2 card? I have this card and would be happy to do testing for you.

Technical info of this card can be found here, http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/audiot...mkii/index.html

If you need anything let me know, i will assist as much as i can. thnks, you doing great work.