[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

Hi

i'm appreciated for help. thank you

there is a some progress... :(

but now

the boot process ends with message:

ATI card POSTed, reading VBIOS from legasy space

Sorry, I don't know ATI cards :)

thanks

i add it to my dsdt but nothing. after wake i dont have sound.

Try it

Cyrus_the_Great.zip

@Taptun

hi

thanks for your help taptun but .no sound after sleep again.

after wake from sleep i see sound asertion error in kernel log

Give me original DSDT.aml , for comparing :wacko:

(Everest , AIDA64 , Linux)

I have everything working :(

@Taptun

@Nixin/others,

Hi,does your bleeding patch fix sound and brightness control in DVx(cos it does not work for me),please elaborate on how to apply the sound patch.My laptop is pretty simllar to yours

@Taptun, please help!!!!

With your dsdt fix I do get the slider but no changes in brightness with slider movement,also sound not working,I have done everything as required.

Any further suggestions.

Thanks

Remember!

DSDT - it's an injector , without a driver (*.kext) :)

nothing will not work :)

I gave the driver (*.kext) :blink:

@Taptun

By the way, if i leave CPU section by default gigbench show 3400, and if i write CPU section from the spoiler - the 6400. 2 times faster. Can anyone come in handy.

in /Extra org.chameleon.Boot.plist (com.apple.Boot.plist)

rewrite

<key>DropSSDT</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>EnableC2State</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>EnableC3State</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>GenerateCStates</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>GeneratePStates</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>SystemType</key>
   <string>2</string>

And you will be happy :D

@Taptun

hi taptun.thanks

this my original dsdt with everest

Hi, Cyrus the Great, I have a similar config...and was trying your dsdt. With yours I was able to put my laptop to sleep but not wake it up. Can you post your com.apple.boot file and what all kexts you have in your extra folder? I would greatly appreciate it if somehow i am able to wake my laptop from sleep.

cheers,

Hi, Cyrus the Great, I have a similar config...and was trying your dsdt. With yours I was able to put my laptop to sleep but not wake it up. Can you post your com.apple.boot file and what all kexts you have in your extra folder? I would greatly appreciate it if somehow i am able to wake my laptop from sleep.

cheers,

hi

the all of my file is attached to this post

Archive.zip

Hi everyone

Thank you very much for the Tutorial. I have Manged to install 10.6.3 with the new 2.0 DVx i5i3 MIID image. Everything installs perfectly. Chameleon also works, But after chameleon loads the laptop shuts automatically!!! I have Added few screenshots.

BTW I had to repartition the whole HDD into GUID as retail version would not install on MBR. During installation Trackpad did not work. Some of the usb port also frozen

Can anyone show me some light please. Would be very much appreciated.

Regards

post-251332-1312701606_thumb.jpg

post-251332-1312701613_thumb.jpg

post-251332-1312701623_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone

Thank you very much for the Tutorial. I have Manged to install 10.6.3 with the new 2.0 DVx i5i3 MIID image. Everything installs perfectly. Chameleon also works, But after chameleon loads the laptop shuts automatically!!! I have Added few screenshots.

BTW I had to repartition the whole HDD into GUID as retail version would not install on MBR. During installation Trackpad did not work. Some of the usb port also frozen

Regards

why are all your screenshots different? which is the one immediately before shutdown??

Hi everyone

Regards

any help??? please, i must have mac on my laptop...

any help??? please, i must have mac on my laptop...

the issue others have had with that error is to do with RAM, strange i know and/or 64bit

Have you tried some of the boot flags, mix and match some of them to see if you boot any further such as:

arch=i386

maxmem=4096

does this work?

the issue others have had with that error is to do with RAM, strange i know and/or 64bit

Have you tried some of the boot flags, mix and match some of them to see if you boot any further such as:

arch=i386

maxmem=4096

does this work?

Hi Pablo101

It worked for combination of both. thanks. So Is that mean, I cant use my 8GB ram? Is there a way of doing it?

Also After installation, no sound, no wireless, no Trackpad, some USB Not working :D

any clue

Tried to update 10.6.7 but gets stuck on the booting screen. 10.6.3 boots only with NEWCOM Legacy kernel

Hello- you people with great knowledge and skills.

I am new here and I have read the Mammuth terrific guide 3 times now and followed it as good as I could.. I am not able to get the installation started! I get kernel panics and waiting for boot device. When I use -x switch, I get stuck on RTLR1000 for hours and I can only turn off. I have tried a few Auto-patched dsdts, updated fakesmc in Ext. Used Dvx MIIF and Dv8 MIIF. I have modified my bios for wifi according to the guide. Everything I do seem to give the same result and I wonder if it is the bios that is the problem. When I configure bios for installation I only have the options "fan-enable-disable" and boot-order. No VT , Lan-power, or Cardreader options. It is risky to mod the bios so I hope I don't have to do that.

My specs, dsdt and system report are in my profile.

I hope someone of you people with knowledge and skills will read this.

Hi All.

Here's my current situation...

Installed SL on the SL partition and updated to 10.6.7 with everything working as expected.

Then installed win7sp1x64 on my win7 partition.

I'd now like to restore the cham partition as the bootloader but have no USB access when I reboot using the thumb drive.

And once I've restored that, how do I upgrade to Lion and how usable is it currently?

Cheers.

Hi Pablo101

It worked for combination of both. thanks. So Is that mean, I cant use my 8GB ram? Is there a way of doing it?

Also After installation, no sound, no wireless, no Trackpad, some USB Not working ;)

any clue

Tried to update 10.6.7 but gets stuck on the booting screen. 10.6.3 boots only with NEWCOM Legacy kernel

to get sound working you need to follow what the guide said, mammoth does detail it in one of the PDFs, involves using the fix audio script on the cham partition

to get wireless working you need to research your card model, do you have the model + dev pci id?

for trackpad etc are you using the voodoops2controller? try installing it with kext helper b7, see this attachment for it, when updating to 10.6.7 did you use the patched kernel and replaced the old mach_kernel?? do you manage to boot into 10.6.7 by typing cpus=1 arch=i386 busratio=12 maxmem=4096 ??

I'm not sure about the max men of 8gb, it's to do with you using a 32bit kernel which limits at 4gb, to use the 8gb you need to boot with a modified mach_kernel which is 64bit, there is one in this thread for 10.6.7, should then allow 8gb?

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

A new day.

Yesterday I asked about bios modding (insydeH2O) and I was almost sure that I had to do it. Today I gave it one last try with another USB installation with original 10.6.3. Installation worked! Screen got black on first boot but I had sound!! I tried GraphicsEnabler=yes and now I have graphics too. So now I am writing this from my HP DV6 laptop!

Whats not working so far?

Screen resolution only gives 1024x768. I guess I has to do with poor support for ATI Mod.Rad 4530HD?

HP Webcam

Whats Working?

Everything else it seems!

This is the first time I manage to install any kind of OSX on a PC! An overwhelming leap from kernel panics to this!

One more thing: There are no dsdt in this installation at all what I can see! I must study this further so I know at least a little bit what I am doing!

Happy day and good night to you all

@Mammoth

#1 Currently, there is an error in this guide that will cause boot problems after

restoring Windows 7. I will be updating this guide soon, but until then, here is how to avoid this:

On page 14, step p., we MUST UNCHECK the box "Restore original disk signature"! Restoring the original disk signature is what is blasting away either OS X or making Windows 7 not boot, or Chameleon not working... what ever your symptoms, this is most likely the cause. Uncheck this box, then do your restore.

#2 The solution to not being able to update our Windows 7 partitions to SP1 is easy. All we have to do is set the Windows 7 partition to "Active" in Disk Manager while booted into Windows 7. That's it. Do that, then you can install SP1.

Again, this will be a change in the forthcoming update to the Windows 7 guide. The box for "Set drive active (for booting OS)" in Norton Ghost must BE checked / selected before doing the restore.

You mentioned this issue. I have to mention that i have not downloaded your files, Will do soon as i wanna see if i can use your method to get OS X on my Envy 15 1150nr as it would be freaking sweet. On the other hand, the dual booting for OS X is a pain in the ass but to preserve the disk signature i believe you can use the fdisk440 that is supplised by the VoodooProjects team? That prevents the overwritting of the damn windows signature required to be in the MBR? Just curious if my "idea" is applicable to the way things work. Also, regarding the SP1 Update. Since everyone is starting "new" I would suggest they just get the original ISO + SP1 untouched and install it via a USB drive.

Hi guys

Updated DSDT patcher for DVx with Core i7!

Supports the new battery kext from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=264597

Run from Windows or Linux.

Use the HP -> DV6-i7-bleeding-nixin pack.

A lot of improvements in the patcher (but didn't update the changelog yet)

Reading your Auto patcher patch.txt files, all these patches cannot be applied to alot of DvX 6 series. There are a lot of patches which are not needed for specific models. Unless anyone knows what they are doing I would not autopatch anything not with these generic all-in-one type patches.

Every model has similar issues but not the same, autopatching things like SLBP, LID0, Nvidia if you have ATI, IDT if you have diff IDT model, many things when it's not specific to your Dv6, depending on the patch can also do harm.

If you autopatch then i would look for your exact model, dont guess. The people like Nixin providing these patches should also direct the patches towards model specific specifications and not make people think oh yeah i got Dv6, I got Core i7...there is a lot more to these patches then people not know whats happening in the background and it's not recommended.

Great help here , thanks to every one who made this topic awesome !

Has any one made the little card reader work yet ? I thing that is the only thing left to make our system almost perfect . I know I had it working on SL with 32 bits kext from Voodoo .

Any help will be appreciated ........ ;)

My cardreader works out of the box, same for Webcam and USB ports with Lion.

I have a problem when trying to extract the .FD file from my bios. I do everything that the guide says, but when i go to copy the .FD file from the temp folder there is nothing there, it is just empty.

I have a HP DV6-3230us with F.23 bios version. Can someone help me out.

Anyone elses Core i7 720QM runs very hot? I can run Cinebench CPU test and my CPU temps reach 99/100, Manufactuer Intel says 10 below TJMax which is 100. Can't seem to run LPCB DSDT edit to run cooler. Fails C states no matter what i do :) guess will look into it further below my chip explodes :D

A new day.

Yesterday I asked about bios modding (insydeH2O) and I was almost sure that I had to do it. Today I gave it one last try with another USB installation with original 10.6.3. Installation worked! Screen got black on first boot but I had sound!! I tried GraphicsEnabler=yes and now I have graphics too. So now I am writing this from my HP DV6 laptop!

Whats not working so far?

Screen resolution only gives 1024x768. I guess I has to do with poor support for ATI Mod.Rad 4530HD?

HP Webcam

Whats Working?

Everything else it seems!

This is the first time I manage to install any kind of OSX on a PC! An overwhelming leap from kernel panics to this!

One more thing: There are no dsdt in this installation at all what I can see! I must study this further so I know at least a little bit what I am doing!

Happy day and good night to you all

There are many things to do from this stage. give this thread a very good read, extract your DSDT from a Linux Live Distro then patch it ;) do some research on your device id's. try and find similar model within these forums.

Hi, i received an HP Pavilion g6, and I want to install osx on it - no windows lover-, but unfortunately I do not find any help with this machine anywhere on the forum!

The specs are:

Product Number LR294EA

Microprocessor 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5-480M

Microprocessor Cache 3 MB L3 cache

Memory 4 GB DDR3

Memory Max Upgradeable to 4 GB DDR3

Video Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6470M (512 MB DDR3) and intel integrated

Display 39,6 cm (15,6") High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display (1366 x 768)

Hard Drive 500 GB SATA (5400 rpm)

Multimedia Drive LightScribe SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

Network Card Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN

Wireless Connectivity 802.11 b/g/n

Sound Altec Lansing speakers

Keyboard Full size keyboard with home roll keys

Pointing Device TouchPad supporting Multi-Touch gestures and On/Off button

PC Card Slots Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards, Multimedia cards

External Ports • 1 VGA

• 1 headphone-out

• 1 microphone-in

• 3 USB 2.0

• 1 RJ45

Dimensions 37.4 x 24.5 x 3.05 cm

Weight Starting at 2.55 kg

Power 90W AC Power Adapter

6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery

What's In The Box Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone (VGA)

I wonder if someone can guide me to obtain an working dsdt !!!

Any help will be apreciated ! Thanks !