[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

2. Create a DSDT for your laptop:

a. Download DSDT Auto-Patcher from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

b. Copy, then unzip the file onto you laptop and double click DSDT Auto-Patcher.jar. Note you will need Java installed on your laptop to use this utility.

c. Select HP as the laptop type and DV6 Core i as the type. Try searching for a Auto-Patcher patch pack for your specific machine to get a better DSDT file. If you find one put the directory in the following folder: DSDT-Patcher-Linux-Mac-Win\packs\HP\

The DSDT Auto-Patcher is only for mac??? can I use it with windows?

Thanks

windows/mac/linux version runs using java.

under windows as long as you have java se installed, it should run.

I have downloaded twice this:

Download

Mac OS: zip.gif DSDT_Auto_Patcher.zip ( 680.72K ) Number of downloads: 3047

Requires JRE to run.

Later i enter to it:

DSDT Auto-Patcher.app --> Contents --> Resources --> Java

Inside of it I only see

- appframework-1.0.3.jar

- commons-codec-1.5.jar

- DSDTParser.jar

- iasl

- swing-layout-1.0.4.jar

- swing-worker-1.1.jar

In windows 7 64 bits anyone work :S

I have downloaded twice this:

In windows 7 64 bits anyone work :S

Hi,

The auto patcher was updated about a week ago. I don't see a windows version posted yet. You are downloading the osx version.

Check this Post in this thread for an older windows version.

Hi,

The auto patcher was updated about a week ago. I don't see a windows version posted yet. You are downloading the osx version.

Check this Post in this thread for an older windows version.

okey nice.

I put Hp, and DV6 Core I in the AutoPatcher and when i click apply it begins to do something but i get 2 errors

Line 2281 type error message object does not exist (SLPB)]

Line 13393 type error message object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.RP05.J380)]

The staus is : Aborted, compilation failed

Thx

Try it

DSDT.zip

@Taptun

This DSDT for 10.6.8 and Lion :P

-no trackpad properties

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

-no brightness control

GenericBrightness.kext.zip

-and no sound

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Remove all previous versions!!!

-no graphics with enabler=no,need enabler=yes

Send me your IOReg :unsure:

Friends, you read that only the most recent posts ;)

Always with you

@Taptun :)

Hi guys

Updated DSDT patcher for DVx with Core i7!

Supports the new battery kext from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=264597

Run from Windows or Linux.

Use the HP -> DV6-i7-bleeding-nixin pack.

A lot of improvements in the patcher (but didn't update the changelog yet)

Hi NIXin , Taptun

can you NIXin take a look at Taptun DSDT it is very organized specially at the PCi devices part

also what about the GenericBrightness with Lion !!! it don't work for me

-----------

I found a Kext that works for SD Slot with lion

but it is very buggy and only 32bit

IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext.zip

hope we can update this or find a better one :)

Hello guys! first many thanks to mammoth and all of you guys.

i don't know how to generate a dsdt for my dv6, i've found some in this thread but they are not from the same model :( now i really don't know how to install osx on my hp

Hello guys! first many thanks to mammoth and all of you guys.

i don't know how to generate a dsdt for my dv6, i've found some in this thread but they are not from the same model ;) now i really don't know how to install osx on my hp

Honestly, i am not sure how Mammoth wrote to obtain the DSDT but this is the way i would do it.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=215844

Hi NIXin , Taptun

can you NIXin take a look at Taptun DSDT it is very organized specially at the PCi devices part

-----------

I found a Kext that works for SD Slot with lion

but it is very buggy and only 32bit

IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext.zip

hope we can update this or find a better one :)

32bit vs 64bit, no huge comparisons, just boot to 32bit :) you only have 4GB mem :D

Hi NIXin , Taptun

Welcome back, yehia Amer :)

I have the latest version of the DSDT, look :D

Taptun_DSDT.zip

Everything works (which may) ;)

@Taptun

Hi all.

It's probably a really silly question but supposing I want to upgrade to lion from 10.6.8, do I have to do anything specific with the installer? What I mean is do I have to run it from the app store upgrade or burn it to a physical media?

Also, do I have to force quit in order to put in the new bits to enable my dv8 to boot on restart?

I'd rather be prepared than charge into this and screw it up.

^_^

Welcome back, yehia Amer :(

I have the latest version of the DSDT, look :D

Taptun_DSDT.zip

Everything works (which may) :(

@Taptun

@Taptun,

Well for me too everything works,well almost!!!

Except for the brightness control(I do have the slider),can't figure out why?.

My dsdt has pnlf injection,correct graphics etc,brightness kext in S/L/E,but still no brightness change.

i even tried the string value in the boot plist but still no go :) .

I'll re-examine my dsdt and compare it to yours.

What bios version are you on,is it F.ID?

Hi Taptun ,

Could we use your DSDT for a DV8 computer like mine , what would be the difference from your DV6 ?

Thanks for all you do to help us.... :)

Well it should work to an extent,but your bios is different so it would be advisable to compare your dsdt with taptun's and add necessary/specific changes required.

Hi all.

It's probably a really silly question but supposing I want to upgrade to lion from 10.6.8, do I have to do anything specific with the installer? What I mean is do I have to run it from the app store upgrade or burn it to a physical media?

Also, do I have to force quit in order to put in the new bits to enable my dv8 to boot on restart?

I'd rather be prepared than charge into this and screw it up.

:)

You'll need the lion installesd.dmg(it is within the installer app).

Follow this guide:-

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

you can simply load with "Cpus=1" and replace with the old Kernel till apple release the kernel sources

Thanks Yehia Amer , I was able to boot up with Cpus=1 Busratio=12, I also had to delete " SleepEnabler and VoodooBat kexts , I was getting KP's with them .

I will wait for the kernel source and some help from Taptun to create the new patched kernel .

Hi there. Is it possible to install OS X SL on my PC using Mammoths method. I have tried so many, and yet failed every time.

My model is HP DV6-1244tx

I CANNOT change the Sata settings on my BIOS (advanced menu is blocked and no WAY AT ALL to show it...I have tried).

Every time I try and install SL (I can boot the disk fine), I get a kernel panic from the lapic.c

Kernel Panic  (CPU 1 Called 0x001b3db7) Local APIC error, ESR: 64\n"@/extra/buildxnu/xnu-1238.12.14/osfmk/i386/lopic .c.610

Thanks in advance,

xxSHABSxx

If you want any more information, then I will provide.

ALso, if someone is willing to make me a DSDT (can't find one), then I am willing to pay for your troubles.

Hi there. Is it possible to install OS X SL on my PC using Mammoths method. I have tried so many, and yet failed every time.

My model is HP DV6-1244tx

I CANNOT change the Sata settings on my BIOS (advanced menu is blocked and no WAY AT ALL to show it...I have tried).

Every time I try and install SL (I can boot the disk fine), I get a kernel panic from the lapic.c

Kernel Panic  (CPU 1 Called 0x001b3db7) Local APIC error, ESR: 64\n"@/extra/buildxnu/xnu-1238.12.14/osfmk/i386/lopic .c.610

Thanks in advance,

xxSHABSxx

try to boot with this flag when computer boots , write

Cpus=1 and see what happens , you might also need the busratio number for your processor

If you want any more information, then I will provide.

ALso, if someone is willing to make me a DSDT (can't find one), then I am willing to pay for your troubles.

on terminal command , try to boot up with

Cpus=1

You might want to find out also what is the value of Busratio for your processor and use it after the cpus=1 command , this will let you start your system , then change the Kernel to a patched , I am sure you can find it here for SL

Hope it helps ......