ATI Radeon 6xxx, working QE/CI

Nuphor

791 posts in this topic

Any help? I really need 3 monitors, thanks in advance!

Got 4 working monitors on PowerColor HD6870, 1 DVI, 1 HDMI, 2 (active) MDP2DVI

Lion 10.7.1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes

AMD Radeon HD 6870 Series:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6870 Series

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x6738

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

L226WTQ:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Adapter Type: DVI Or HDMI

Adapter Firmware Version: 8.18

Acer X203H:

Resolution: 1600 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Display Serial Number: LEX0400xxxxx

HT-R538: ==> to Samsung LCD TV via HDMI

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Television: Yes

SA300/SA350:

Display Serial Number: HMAB4xxxxx

Displays:

L226WTQ:

Acer X203H:

SA300/SA350:

Could you please let me know how you got it?(step by step please) Thanks in advance!

@szfxtrader

So long as you've tried that the ports that you need work individually then the last factor to make it all possible is using active display port adapters and not the passive ones. Just get yourself an active DP -> HDMI or DVI adapter (make sure you don't buy a passive you'll see the price difference between the two). Main reason for this is because the passive ones lack the clock that's needed to give another signal out which is why you're receiving a black signal when the 3rd port is put into use (Due to the 2 clock limitations on current gpus)

@szfxtrader

So long as you've tried that the ports that you need work individually then the last factor to make it all possible is using active display port adapters and not the passive ones. Just get yourself an active DP -> HDMI or DVI adapter (make sure you don't buy a passive you'll see the price difference between the two). Main reason for this is because the passive ones lack the clock that's needed to give another signal out which is why you're receiving a black signal when the 3rd port is put into use (Due to the 2 clock limitations on current gpus)

Thanks for your reply! How can I make sure that my adapters are active? I bought them from the Sapphire supplier here in China, I have all the ports activated, I've tried many adapters and always I have the same bug, before I was using 5770 Flex Edition and one of the 3 monitors was just mirroring.

Displays:

L226WTQ:

Acer X203H:

SA300/SA350:

You sir must have a very large desk! ;)

Hello,

I have this 6870 since a few month and it runs nearly perfect.

Only problem: At boot screen, I have a max resolution of 1400x1050.

Is it normal that the 6870 does not support 1650x1050 on boot?

I have

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AtiConfig</key>

<string>Duckweed</string>

specified in my boot.plist obviously and the card supports any resolution in OSX Lion.

@szfxtrader

Hi! Today I went to a PC shop where I could use a DP monitor and you were right, my adapters are not good/active, thanks a lot for your information! I used my hack with others adapters(real active) and I had 4 desktops. ;)

first, do the upgrade to 10.6.8

Hello people, as everybody suggest i update my hackingtosh to 10.6.8 working good..... now.....

somebody can help me how to enable my gpu, ati sapphire hd 6750 1gb ddr5 works at my hackingtosh??

ati sapphire hd 6750 1gb ddr5

id vendor: 0x1002

id device:0x68bf

id vendor subsystem:0x174b

id subsystem:0xe144

Walk before you can run, get snow leopard installed first and take it from there.

Hello Andy, as everybody suggest i update my hackingtosh to 10.6.8 working good..... but still saying Vram:0 it have no Q/E supported , it show image but just 1024 X 720, and didnt show options to change the sizes, in others words, isnt working properly, and i cant install finalcut 7, logic 9, etc... and the computer sopport that kind of softwares, that OSX works perfectly, but not the gpu, has no kext for it.....

can you help me to enable my gpu, ati sapphire hd 6750 1gb ddr5 works at my hackingtosh??

can somebody develop this kext or whatever i need to enable my gpu????

onces again my gpu that isnt working details...

Thanxx from now!!!!!

RAFA ROCKET

Hello Andy, as everybody suggest i update my hackingtosh to 10.6.8 working good..... but still saying Vram:0 it have no Q/E supported , it show image but just 1024 X 720, and didnt show options to change the sizes, in others words, isnt working properly, and i cant install finalcut 7, logic 9, etc... and the computer sopport that kind of softwares, that OSX works perfectly, but not the gpu, has no kext for it.....

can you help me to enable my gpu, ati sapphire hd 6750 1gb ddr5 works at my hackingtosh??

Thanxx from now!!!!!

RAFA ROCKET

Andy i`m already using my hackingtosh good, i just try other gpu, ATI SAPPHIRE HD 6670 1gb ddr5, first i verify if the kext i have supported, and it does.... the aticontroller6000.kext works perfectly, so now im using this gpu with Q/E working good, so i install final cut 7, and Logic 9 , working perfectly, now i enjoy my hackingtosh too much...

anyway, i would like to know, if somebody can give me the knowledge about how can i develop the kext for ATI SAPPHIRE HD 6750 because i want to used that also on my hackingtosh...

it would be a contribution for the community, and i would like to do it!!!!

Once again.... thanks for everything, and i would like to see the Ati 6750 working tooª!!!!!

RAFAROCKET

Andy i`m already using my hackingtosh good, i just try other gpu, ATI SAPPHIRE HD 6670 1gb ddr5, first i verify if the kext i have supported, and it does.... the aticontroller6000.kext works perfectly, so now im using this gpu with Q/E working good, so i install final cut 7, and Logic 9 , working perfectly, now i enjoy my hackingtosh too much...

anyway, i would like to know, if somebody can give me the knowledge about how can i develop the kext for ATI SAPPHIRE HD 6750 because i want to used that also on my hackingtosh...

it would be a contribution for the community, and i would like to do it!!!!

Once again.... thanks for everything, and i would like to see the Ati 6750 working tooª!!!!!

RAFAROCKET

You need to check that the device id's exist in the ati.c file and the ati6000controller

Hi Andy.

I am already trying this for a week! And i can not get it to work.

I had a working snowleopard with my Asus p5qld-pro q9550 8GB ram and my GTX260

i bought 1 week my XFX 6870 (ZDFC) and i had alot of kernal panics but now that is not the issue anymore.

The problem now is that everything starts and my leopard starts also only my monitors drops out

and i can not get it to work it happend when i installed the new kexts from kexts website.

can you let me know what i am doing wrong? what information do you need?

Thank you very much !!!

Ajayg

Hi Andy.

I am already trying this for a week! And i can not get it to work.

I had a working snowleopard with my Asus p5qld-pro q9550 8GB ram and my GTX260

i bought 1 week my XFX 6870 (ZDFC) and i had alot of kernal panics but now that is not the issue anymore.

The problem now is that everything starts and my leopard starts also only my monitors drops out

and i can not get it to work it happend when i installed the new kexts from kexts website.

can you let me know what i am doing wrong? what information do you need?

Thank you very much !!!

Ajayg

Leopard????

Leopard????

Motherboard : P5QLD-PRO

RAM: 8 GIGS

Old Videocard: NVIDIA GTX260 (Dont have it no more!)

New Videocard: XFX HD6870 ("ZDFC" MODELNR)

OSX: SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.8

Everything worked fine with my GTX260 afterwords i replaced it with my new card the HD6870.

All worked fine til i installed the ATI6xxx PACK.

So if start my system, i can see everything (bootloader -v) till OSX goes in the GUI state and then my monitor just goes black but i can see on that my harddrives loads and it continues to start like always on the GTX.

Thanks Andy for taking your time :) i hope you have a solution for me i can not even enter my osx now i have a old Leopard system working now but got damn its anoying to go there all the time, the resolution sucks big time.

Cheers,

Ajayg

Thanxx from now!!!!!

RAFA ROCKET

Hi, Im also trying to make my Sapphire HD 6770 Vapor-X works with Snow Leopard. People say that 6750 is like 5750 and 6770 is like 5770, so maybe we can help each other. I`ve tried everything you can think, as edit ati.c, force framebuffers, edit info.pslist, UseAtiROM. Currently im trying to change the device-id of my video card using DSDT (I just dont want to reflash the card). Ok, I have changed the device-id of my card with DSDT and now the system comes up with full resolution and dual monitors with unmodified kexts, but without QE/CI. It looks like the problem of old 5770. I just dont know what to do now. Maybe you can try a bit with DSDT too.

Good luck for us!

I got my 6950 working, but of course no Chess and no OpenGL Photoshop and probably no games.

Is it updated drivers we have to wait for, or it this fixable!?

EDIT: World Of Warcraft works, but there seem to be a lot of effects that doesnt show.

And sleep is borken.

all the branches of chameleon doesn't have ati 6490m key in ati.c

so in wiki I see

Radeon HD 6470M[88] 	January 4, 2011 	Seymour XT 	Caicos 	40 	PCIe 2.1 x16 	1024 	700
750 	800 	160:8:4 	2.8
3 	5.6
6 	12.8 	DDR3 	64 	11 	4.1 	224
240 		UVD3.0, PowerPlay
Radeon HD 6490M[88] 	January 4, 2011 	Seymour XT 	Caicos 	40 	PCIe 2.1 x16 	512 	800 	800 	160:8:4 	3.2 	6.4 	25.6 	GDDR5 	64 	11 	4.1 	256 		UVD3.0, PowerPlay

so my 6490 is Caicos.. too.. but has 1024.

I'm trying to alter the ati.c

I got my 6950 working, but of course no Chess and no OpenGL Photoshop and probably no games.

Is it updated drivers we have to wait for, or it this fixable!?

EDIT: World Of Warcraft works, but there seem to be a lot of effects that doesnt show.

And sleep is borken.

I have read that in order for the 6950 to work you must restart the computer using a physical "reset" button. Is this the method that you used? I am trying to get mine to work, but unfortunately I do not have a reset button and evidently it is impossible to add one. So at the moment I am stuck, unless I can find a way to restart when it gets to the gray screen without a reset button.