ATI Radeon 6xxx, working QE/CI

Nuphor

791 posts in this topic

I installed the 10.7.2 combo does not work. any suggestions? experiment?

Are the device and vendor id's present in the version of chameleon that you are using?

You may need to edit the ati.c file and add in your device and vendor id if they are not already present and recompile chameleon - you will then need to check that those id's are present in either the ati6000 or ati5000controller.kext files (I'm not sure which of the 2 it should be in because I don't know enough about that card to know which family it belongs to - I'd guess at the ati5000controller.kext at a push).

ati.c is one of the source files for chameleon. If your card's id's are not in that file then you will need to download the latest trunk build for chameleon and edit that file. It's too complicated a subject to go into any detail here so all I can suggest is that you do some research.

Andy, may I suggest some kind of signature in the likes of "If you like Tonymac, go ask Tonymac"?

You can suggest it if you like.

The purpose for stating that chimera is a version of chameleon was to clarify that the procedure for editing the ati.c file should be the same!

You can suggest it if you like.

The purpose for stating that chimera is a version of chameleon was to clarify that the procedure for editing the ati.c file should be the same!

And MacMan is now editing the ATI.c in trunk directly and merging this into Chimera so everyone is benefiting !

And MacMan is now editing the ATI.c in trunk directly and merging this into Chimera so everyone is benefiting !

Yup azimutz has also done some recent work on the ati.c file.

One thing to note for ilcesk though is that the latest version of the ati.c file that I looked at had the framebuffer disabled for the 6790 card (its set to kNull) so you will need to find the correct framebuffer name (or just use any because you can override it via a boot flag), edit the file and rebuild chameleon accordingly.

You will also need to check which controller.kext file the card belongs in (5000 or 6000) and add the device id's if they are not already present.

I've not kept up to date with the new 6700 series cards so I don't know if anybody else has gotten one working yet. I know the 6770 works by editing the card bios so that the device id matches the old 5770 (they are pretty much the same card with a new sticker lol) but thats a bit risky for some and not relevant for the 6790.

Updated - Ok after a brief bit of reading the 6790 as far as I can tell is a cut down barts card so try adding Duckweed as the framebuffer and add the cards device id's into the 6000 controller kext if they are not already there - it's probably worth a shot.

it is too complicated for me...

Can you tell me your device and vendor id - I can probably build you the bootloader and provide edited kext files but I don't have the same graphics card as you so i can;t test it so the risk is it could screw up your system and you may not be able to boot up (unless you make a working backup first).

EDIT - I'd also need to know exactly which version of lion or snow leopard you are running - better yet is if you also send me the ATI6000Controller.kext from your System\Library\Extensions folder (that way I can;t pick the wrong one).

Can you tell me your device and vendor id - I can probably build you the bootloader and provide edited kext files but I don't have the same graphics card as you so i can;t test it so the risk is it could screw up your system and you may not be able to boot up (unless you make a working backup first).

EDIT - I'd also need to know exactly which version of lion or snow leopard you are running - better yet is if you also send me the ATI6000Controller.kext from your System\Library\Extensions folder (that way I can;t pick the wrong one).

Ok I have added the framebuffer into the ati.c file and recompiled the latest chimera build (as thats what you are using) and attached it to this post. I worked on the assumption that the device id of your 6790 is 673E.

I still need you to send me your current ATI6000Controller.kext file to edit unless you are confident enough to do that yourself?

Please remember what I said above - I have no way to test these changes myself so please make sure that you have a working backup.

boot.zip

Hi

If U make me bootloader and kext I'll be tester, if something goes wrong I know how to get back :censored2:

My system is HP 4530s - i3 Intel HD 3000 + HD6490 (Intell works)

HD6490 ID

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&SUBSYS_167D103C&REV_00

{“AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series, Seymour XT, 6760 “}

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/08/23/74d.png

Runing Lion 10.7.1

ATI6000Controller.kext in attachment

lp

ATI6000Controller.kext.zip

Hello people, i`m also newer on all this world of hackintosh, so.... I got a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, 8 Gigas of ram, and i install iatkos v7 10.5.7 and i update it to 10.5.8 working good, the only thing is the graphic card is a Ati sapphire Hd 6750 of 1 Gb of Vram drr5, but it say that have just 256mb of vram and also isn`t supporting Q/E, it say, no kext loaded, so i can`t change the screen modes, and what is more important than anything, is that i couldn`t install Final cut 7 because the graphics is not working well, it say that needs at least 128mb of vram and i got just 0mb, as everybody can see, im sad for that.......

Did somebody make already this kext, driver, this works? i have see that this ati 6750, comes with some macbooks, i wondering if somebody have this kext, driver or what ever, for make this ati hd 6750 works....

I will thanks forever.....

Since now, i thanks for this!!!!

RAFAROCKET

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (dual boot win7 -mac 10.5.8)

Leopard 10.5.8 running good

8 GB ram Drr3

ethernet working good

no sound

m-audio usb fast track working good

Ati sapphire HD 6750 1GB drr5 not working (please help)

firewire works good

10.5.8 :unsure:

I know andy.... im already download iatkos s3 v2, but its work weird, freeze for a while, and after 30min works good, maybe is the Graphics card that make that freeze, that`s why im using the old one itakos v7 10.5.7 now 10.5.8, so..... there is a driver, kext or anything for my ati sapphire 6750?????

Thanks for answer!!!!!

I know andy.... im already download iatkos s3 v2, but its work weird, freeze for a while, and after 30min works good, maybe is the Graphics card that make that freeze, that`s why im using the old one itakos v7 10.5.7 now 10.5.8, so..... there is a driver, kext or anything for my ati sapphire 6750?????

Thanks for answer!!!!!

I seriously doubt you are going to get that gpu working with 10.5.8 or anything older than 10.6.4 to be honest.

I seriously doubt you are going to get that gpu working with 10.5.8 or anything older than 10.6.4 to be honest.

Ok.... i got it!!!!

So.... what should i do? what it would be your advice? as you can see i dont know that much....

what kind of OSX should i use? where can i downloaded?

how could i customize my motherboard that i know works good on OSX?

and how could i make that graphic card works on that OSX choose?

I will thanks your help and advice!!!!

Ok.... i got it!!!!

So.... what should i do? what it would be your advice? as you can see i dont know that much....

Ok.... i got it!!!!

You should be able to do a snow leopard install using kakewalk on your system.