Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

I am trying to load my modified framebuffer (Baladi) for a 290X in 10.9.4, but AtiConfig=Baladi still results in the generic framebuffer loading.

Do I need to wait for this to be added, or what is going on there?

edit:

The latest version of Chameleon allows me to load it (2391).  Thanks!

Dear, Developers

Is there any way to get Chameleon to read non standard SMBIOS or SMBIOSes on non standard offset? Does that even make since?

I've tried many Chameleon based bootloaders and not on can read my boards SMBIOS I have reason to believe the problem may be this,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/104670-unable-to-find-smbios-table/?do=findComment&comment=745457

Your problem is with PC EFI, PC EFI uses a PnP call to get the offset to the DMI table (containing the SMBIOS information) in the BIOS. On older boards this PnP call to get the correct offset is not support. Normally if this is the case it would initiate a search from a particular offset in the BIOS (that I forgot right now..) looking for the DMI marker and get the correct offset that way, this is not supported by PC-EFI right now.
In short there is not much that you can do except upgrade to the latest BIOS and hope it supports the PnP call needed.
If the BIOS upgrade doesn't work, upgrading to another board might not be a bad idea.

Good Luck!

I have a BioStar P4M900-M4 which came out in 2007 so it's not super duper ancient but, i bleibe SMBIOs table or it's offset may not be tandard. Also the chameleon 2.2 cuase the system to kernel panic at boot, where MUCH older versions boot fine. i've noticed newer older version and them ost recent version hang for 5 minutes at "SMBIOS not found press any key" after minutes i can i press a key and it will continue to boot, then of course with v2.2 it kernel panics but, al lthe newer version hang at SMBIOS not found. the versions inlcuded on iAtkos (much older) say SMBIO not found but, do not prompt to press a key and do not hang however do not have good video card detection.

EDIT: I'm using SL

Dear, Developers

Is there any way to get Chameleon to read non standard SMBIOS or SMBIOSes on non standard offset? Does that even make since?

It doesn't make sense. Chameleon uses v2.4 DTMF spec. PnP func. calls are deprecated.

You're on wrong way, I suppose, 

Hi all

where can i download the r2391 binaries boot0 boot1h... (i need those files, without the pkg due to an 3TB drive)

Thanks

Use Pacifist to extract them from the r2391 ,pkg file, they would be in the standalone/i386 directory in the package I think.

Hi all

where can i download the r2391 binaries boot0 boot1h... (i need those files, without the pkg due to an 3TB drive)

Thanks

Go to Chameleon wizard,after go to this LINK and download i386 folder.

After use Chameleon wizard/Instalation/Folder on disk/found i386 and select now press install

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi people. Seems that I have a problem with r2399 and r2395 related to the Bus-Ratio.

Please see the bdmesg output where r2391 the Bus-Ratio (19) is correct, right?

Captura de pantalla 2014-10-01 a la(s) 19.57.52.png

Core i3 380M @ 2.53 Ghz: Speedstep (PerformanceStateArray in IOReg) shown 13 p-states in total from x7 (930 mhz) to x19 (2530 mhz).

Thank You.

Hi people. Seems that I have a problem with r2399 and r2395 related to the Bus-Ratio.

Please see the bdmesg output where r2391 the Bus-Ratio (19) is correct, right?

Core i3 380M @ 2.53 Ghz: Speedstep (PerformanceStateArray in IOReg) shown 13 p-states in total from x7 (930 mhz) to x19 (2530 mhz).

Thank You.

Pls test updated revision 2401.

ErmaC

• Like 1

Am i missing something? I'm using 2401, i have FileNVRam in my modules folder but there is no nvram.*.plist being generated?

Edit: I'm on Yosemite PB4 PB5, used the included FileNVRAM.dylib, version 1.1.1, 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 all with and without addition dylibs (the sata.dylib to counter the orange disk icons).

I thought everything was going great with my Mavericks Hackint0sh (see tagline), until I noticed that only one core seems to be enabled (i3 4150):

BDMESG output (Chameleon v2.2svn r2377)

Handle: 0x0041, DMI type 4, 38 bytes
Processor Information
Socket Designation: SOCKET 0
Type: Central Processor
Family: 0xC6
Manufacturer: Intel
ID: 0x306C3
Version: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz
External Clock: 0 MHz
Max Speed: 3491 MHz
Current Speed: 3500 MHz
Upgrade: Other
Serial Number: Not Specified
Asset Tag: Fill By OEM
Part Number: Fill By OEM
Core Count: 2
Core Enabled: 1
Thread Count: 2

Is this just a quirk in the reporting, as HWMonitor reports temperatures on both cores ???

Easy:

since r2380 the Extra folder containing your Theme and modules (if needed) must be place to the partition that Chameleon use to boot (the one where the installer copy the "boot" file).

Then for each partition you have you must have a copy of the Extra folder containing the specific org.chameleon.Boot.plist, the SMBios.plist and your ACPI tables (like DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml etc.),

so you can customize it!

Micky

Easy:

since r2380 the Extra folder containing your Theme and modules (if needed) must be place to the partition that Chameleon use to boot (the one where the installer copy the "boot" file).

Then for each partition you have you must have a copy of the Extra folder containing the specific org.chameleon.Boot.plist, the SMBios.plist and your ACPI tables (like DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml etc.),

so you can customize it!

Micky

Thank you for your explain,I have a question,if I only use DSDT.aml and fakesmc.kext,I have copied both in partition that Chameleon use and each partition I have you,Which DSDT.aml will works?