Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Easy:

since r2380 the Extra folder containing your Theme and modules (if needed) must be place to the partition that Chameleon use to boot (the one where the installer copy the "boot" file).

Then for each partition you have you must have a copy of the Extra folder containing the specific org.chameleon.Boot.plist, the SMBios.plist and your ACPI tables (like DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml etc.),

so you can customize it!

Micky

I have another question,how did I know if I need SSDT.aml?Is this HWMonitor means I don't need SSDT.aml and SpeedStep works well?

post-236960-0-30414000-1413732726_thumb.png

WIth Yosemite out, I'm going through the codebase again with the Clang static analyzer and Cppcheck, and I'll have patches for review in a couple of days. Most of what I've found so far is problems in error handling. So by the time the bug is triggered, something was already broken (usually memory allocation). But fixing them can mean the difference between an error message telling you what happened and a freeze.

My changes will be in SVN under branches/chucko . Feel free to try them out, I have a pretty ancient Hack and many of the newer features aren't applicable to my machine.

My changes will be in SVN under branches/chucko . Feel free to try them out, I have a pretty ancient Hack and many of the newer features aren't applicable to my machine.

Awesome.

Is anyone working on getting modules to load again so FileNVRAM and iMessage work in 10.10?

g\

• Latest Trunk Pkg and Binaries ==> available in the download section >> HERE <<
  • Latest Enoch Pkg and Binaries ==> avaiable in the download section >> HERE <<

What's Trunk and Enoch means?I install Chameleon-2.2svn-r2401 on usb flash drive,boot to yosemite,and it says can't find mach kernel,clover works,but clover on usb can't boot win7,and chameleon can do it,why?

It's not required for SpeedStepping on a Core2Duo CPU. It is with "i" Core models, especially from 2nd generation onwards in order to obtain turbo boosting.

I don't get it,you means SSDT.aml is for enable turbo boosting,not for speedstepping?speedstep is enable on most hackintosh without SSDT.aml?

I've updated my branch from the trunk (including all the updates ErmaC mentions) and checked in a bunch of changes, mostly little fixes to problems exposed by automated source code analysis. There are no new features, just fixes. I'm booted from it as I write.

You can download the installer and MD5 signature from my own website. Use at your own risk, but please report any problems.

Many thanks to the entire team. I hope my contributions are useful.

• Like 3

Hi All!

After installation of chameleon 2.3 (2434, 2437) it panics when i try to boot into 10.9.

It tries to mount esd.dmg from /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite Dev... .app then panics.

But i have no Install OS X Yosemite Dev... .app at all.

How to avoid this?

I've noticed an anomaly with Chameleon when booting legacy mode in my UEFI system.

Chameleon is not loading any of my kexts in Extra/Extensions, resulting in my system stalling on the boot screen.

Chameleon only loads kexts from Extra/Extensions when booting in safe mode with -x.

I'm using r2437. Chameleon is installed on my Mavericks 10.9.5 OS X partition. I have an Asus AMI UEFI Aptio bios.

I was getting the boot0 error on my 4K sector hard drive. The fix is to boot in another OS X, like the Mac OS X Installer, and unmount the Mac OS X partition before doing dd if=boot1h...

Unmounting the OS X partition before doing dd was the key.]

This boot0 error fix was so effective and useful that I think this should be on your first page with the rest to the guides. I had to do quite a search before landing on a fix that finally works.

Now, back to my anomaly. Chameleon is not loading any kexts from Extra/Extensions in legacy boot from uefi system. Is it my system, or is it a limitation from Chameleon?

I've noticed an anomaly with Chameleon when booting legacy mode in my UEFI system.

Chameleon is not loading any of my kexts in Extra/Extensions, resulting in my system stalling on the boot screen.

Chameleon only loads kexts from Extra/Extensions when booting in safe mode with -x.

It means kernelcache loaded. To load kernelcache+extra kext the kernel patch needed if Chameleon do it.

I'm using r2437. Chameleon is installed on my Mavericks 10.9.5 OS X partition. I have an Asus AMI UEFI Aptio bios.

I was getting the boot0 error on my 4K sector hard drive. The fix is to boot in another OS X, like the Mac OS X Installer, and unmount the Mac OS X partition before doing dd if=boot1h...

Unmounting the OS X partition before doing dd was the key.]

This boot0 error fix was so effective and useful that I think this should be on your first page with the rest to the guides. I had to do quite a search before landing on a fix that finally works.

Very nice trick!

It is not depending on 4k. It is OSX caching so dd works in memory but not on drive.

I've updated my branch from the trunk (including all the updates ErmaC mentions) and checked in a bunch of changes, mostly little fixes to problems exposed by automated source code analysis. There are no new features, just fixes. I'm booted from it as I write.

You can download the installer and MD5 signature from my own website. Use at your own risk, but please report any problems.

Many thanks to the entire team. I hope my contributions are useful.

I have complete my post Installation on My HP Probook 4530s  with your chameleon

Nothings wrong, all is Perfect  :)  Thanks !

How to compile ? The compiled have an error with xcode 

I have a strange behavior on my yosemite installation.

As on the screenshot I'm not able to get a serial number:

post-303759-0-12556500-1414236398_thumb.png

It's really strange because while booting from HD I can't get a serial number, booting from an USB key bootloader I can get it correctely!

any help?

thank you

It means kernelcache loaded. To load kernelcache+extra kext the kernel patch needed if Chameleon do it.

Very nice trick!

It is not depending on 4k. It is OSX caching so dd works in memory but not on drive.

Slice, thanks! That was it. What you said made me just discover that Chameleon is booting with kernel cache enabled by default. I have to use UseKernelCache=No. It takes longer to boot, but at least my kexts in Extra/Extension are loaded without having to use safe mode.

Slice, thanks! That was it. What you said made me just discover that Chameleon is booting with kernel cache enabled by default. I have to use UseKernelCache=No. It takes longer to boot, but at least my kexts in Extra/Extension are loaded without having to use safe mode.

Hi. You are using Mavericks, right? I know is possible in Mavericks because always worked for me, but in Yosemite I can't load Extensions from /Extra/E..., only works from /S/L/E (and "UKC=No" for the installation process, to avoid the "kernelcache") . Maybe in Yosemite the kernel patch is needed?

Neither Chameleon 2.3 svn r2434 or r2437 boot OS X 10.10 on my Asus P5Q Pro.......the "LEDs" for the OS X 10.10 and Recovery HD icons stay red when they are selected.....whereas with Chameleon 2.2 svn r2401there is no Recovery HD icon present but  the  HDD icon "LED" for OS X 10.10 changes to green when icon is selected and OS X 10.10 boots successfully.....I suspect this could also be true for my Asus P5Q E and Asus P5N 32E SLI Plus.....

It works to run Yosemite here, but with 2437 my Core 2 Quad Q6600 shows as "1,6 GHz Unknown" in system profiler, while using 2401 it shows as "2,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon".

Could you please post the two bdmesg(2437&2401)?

Also your serial number is correctly showed?

Neither Chameleon 2.3 svn r2434 or r2437 boot OS X 10.10 on my Asus P5Q Pro.......the "LEDs" for the OS X 10.10 and Recovery HD icons stay red when they are selected.....whereas with Chameleon 2.2 svn r2401there is no Recovery HD icon present but the HDD icon "LED" for OS X 10.10 changes to green when icon is selected and OS X 10.10 boots successfully.....I suspect this could also be true for my Asus P5Q E and Asus P5N 32E SLI Plus.....

Hi verdant.

This issue happened also with the precompiled rev posted by Bit Shoveler --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-23svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/page-124?p=2074627&do=findComment&comment=2074627 ? Or you try compile yourself from the svn, and noticed the same behaviour?

Fabio