Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

On my desktop system receive a "memory allocation error"... waiting for the pictures from my smartphone

I'm going to test that too..

EDIT

nope same again..

this the picture:

attachicon.gifbungo.jpgattachicon.gifbungo2.jpg

sorry it was "AllocateKernelMemory" error...

Just test and same picture here

this is non recoverable error 

I made a tiny command line called "sectorsize" (source included) as suggested by Apple here.

Usage:

sudo /path/to/sectorsize /dev/diskx

my output is obviously:

sector size: 512

Can you try and post the output since you're only one with AF drive here?

If goes well we can try to use gnudd with the real bs="n" to install the boot1h

Hi Micky,

My WD 4K sector HDDs with 512e firmware also report 

yet I still needed to install boot1h to the boot sector of each OS X 10.10 partition using

diskutil unmount /dev/rdiskXsY
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=4096

after I removed

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

from my org.chamelon.Boot.plist, in order for Chameleon on my AF HDDs to boot the HDDs.....

Hmm... I can boot into my YDP1. Pls boot in verbose mode.

No changes! Still can't boot? I tryed -x -f -v nothing happend.

Any other sugestion? Thanks Bungo.

Question:
Can chameleon handle two GPUs?

I use Nvidia GT 440 with GE=Yes and want to test AMD 7750 . Therefore let the Nvida in beside the new AMD 7550 for first tests (to see boot screen, or probs with 7750).

In this case will chameleon handle both gpu injection or only one (perhaps first it finds then stop with injecting second gpu )?

AllocateKernelMemory error?

The error is triggered when you allocate too much memory, which can happen with huge ACPI tables. In that case there is simply not enough memory left to allocate, but try this change in memory.h

-#define ZALLOC_LEN        0x10000000

+#define ZALLOC_LEN        0x14000000

• Like 1

Hi Micky,

My WD 4K sector HDDs with 512e firmware also report 

Could you be kind enough to try again? (last test if it does not work)

..simply because in sys/disk.h I've found  "DKIOCGETPHYSICALBLOCKSIZE" defined, and it sound really good (stupid me..).

sectorsize.zip

• Like 1

Could you be kind enough to try again? (last test if it does not work)

..simply because in sys/disk.h I've found  "DKIOCGETPHYSICALBLOCKSIZE" defined, and it sound really good (stupid me..).

No problem. Here is your new sector size command line report for my WD 4K sector HDDs with 512e firmware:

Physical sector size: 4096
Logical sector size: 512

:)

Just confirm that it works, here is my report on the same PC for a non-AF HDD running Windows

Physical sector size: 512
Edited by verdant
  • Like 1

Bingo!!! :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: thanks!!!!

sectorsize precompiled version:sectorsize_v1.1_binary.zip

sectorsize source code:sectorsize_v1.1.zip

I'm going to updated Zeus.app to detect the real sector size and install the boot1h with the result of my command line!

....but you're the only person I know with AF drive. Are you interested in doing a test when changes will be ready??

Bingo!!! :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: thanks!!!!

sectorsize precompiled version:attachicon.gifsectorsize_v1.1_binary.zip

sectorsize source code:attachicon.gifsectorsize_v1.1.zip

I'm going to updated Zeus.app to detect the real sector size and install the boot1h with the result of my command line!

....but you're the only person I know with AF drive. Are you interested in doing a test when changes will be ready??

Sure. I have an external eSATA to SATA Toshiba 1TB AF HDD that I can test Pandora/Zeus on for you.......:)

• Like 1

The error is triggered when you allocate too much memory, which can happen with huge ACPI tables. In that case there is simply not enough memory left to allocate, but try this change in memory.h

-#define ZALLOC_LEN        0x10000000

+#define ZALLOC_LEN        0x14000000

I fixed (imho) bugs. Can you test? boot_r2379.zip

Thx.

Hi there,

since r2491 I really cannot update the bootloader anymore, because it seems that I am also stuck in that boot0 error nirvana.

well, the loader just stucks in the middle of nowhere.

It seems to be because of the 4k sector size thing??? - More importantly: What to do???

Micky1979s'  tool reads out:

for my startup disk...

P.S.: r2468 runs fine, so I just reverted to it for now.
Edited by wartomato

Not really.  If logical sector size is 512, calls to bios read 512-byte blocks.  Should be transparent.

If you see message boot0: error on the screen it means it couldn't find a partition to boot from.  So clarify if using MBR or GPT, if you marked the partition active and installed boot1 on it.

If you see message boot0: done, and then boot1: error then boot1 couldn't find /boot file on partition.

If you don't see anything but blank screen and rotating bar - it means boot0, boot1 completed and /boot hung when scanning the disks.

It seems to be because of the 4k sector size thing??? - More importantly: What to do???

Micky1979s'  tool reads out:

• Like 1

Not really.  If logical sector size is 512, calls to bios read 512-byte blocks.  Should be transparent.

If you see message boot0: error on the screen it means it couldn't find a partition to boot from.  So clarify if using MBR or GPT, if you marked the partition active and installed boot1 on it.

If you see message boot0: done, and then boot1: error then boot1 couldn't find /boot file on partition.

If you don't see anything but blank screen and rotating bar - it means boot0, boot1 completed and /boot hung when scanning the disks.

Hi Zenith,

Well... the third part happened. I can barely see boot0: done at startup, then entering the second stage and afterwards, well, the bar rotates and stops. That is the end of my boot sequence.

This happens, if I install a built of Chameleon after 2468. 2468 just runs fine, like it always did.

Hope this helps in any way.