Jump to content

sunfish

Members
  • Content count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About sunfish

  • Rank
    InsanelyMac Protégé
  1. The F11 and F12 keys work but F4/F5 for brightness control don't. Also, the "`" and "~" key is not mapped correctly. Do you think the fnkeys patch will fix it?
  2. The problem is not DSDT. I have to chalk this one up as a LOL. Here is what happened: After trying to install numerous times, I got pissed and took it out on the Dell by slamming the keyboard with my fist. All of a sudden, the install screen showed up and I was able to install that damn lion. The "desktop" I was talking about is actually the apple wireless mouse and the "laptop" is the apple wireless keyboard. Apparently it was looking for the wireless mouse and keyboard. The only key that breaks the mouse/kb waiting screen is the space bar. Also, only some version of AppleACPIPS2Nub/ApplePS2Controller enables the laptop keyboard and trackpad. Adding to the complication is that only the USB 2.0 port in the left is active, so if you use it for a USB install drive, you'll have to get a USB hub in order to use USB wired/wireless mouse/kb.
  3. https://rapidshare.com/files/3910553427/DellSystemInspironN411Z.zip
  4. Greetings! The installation always seems to boot to a grey textured graphics screen, showing pictures of a desktop and a picture of a laptop alternately. It seems to ask the user to press the power button. Also, I can move the touchpad mouse cursor around. I have tried the following without success: patching AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement using 10.6.8 AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily removing NullPowerManagement using Mac8,1 smbios Dell Specs: Sandybridge HM67 HD3000 Core i5-2430M Any help is much appreciated.
  5. noob question here: I restored iATKOS L2 to an 8G USB flash drive and then installed Chameleon-2.1svn-r1708. During boot, the USB flash drive just displayed some jibberish and then froze. What am I missing here?
  6. sunfish

    Supported Graphics cards with Full QE/QI

    For those that have 9800 GT working: Are you using the Nvidia driver that comes with 10.7 or are you using NVIDIA Retail Mac Driver 256.01.00f03.mpkg?
  7. sunfish

    Video Decode Acceleration Framework

    Is Video Decode Acceleration Framework supposed to be working for Nvidia 9800GT?
  8. Just installed Kalyway 10.5.1 and ran into this: Loading HFS+: [/system/Library/Extensions.mkext] errors encounter while starting up (0x422d500) It then proceeded to boot with higher res text messages. But 80% of the time it would get stuck somewhere in the boot cycle. The other 20% of the time everything looked perfect. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot? Some details: mbr installation partition 1: Vista(ntfs), partition 2: Leopard boot method: chain0 MSI P965-Neo Nvidia 6200LE SATA hard drive SATA dvd drive
  9. sunfish

    Intel Wireless driver

    There is something I don't understand: why are people running around testing pre-alpha code? Shouldn't the code be at least alpha ready before other people can effectively and efficiently contribute to the development process? I know this is open source and developers don't get paid etc., but the development of the iwi driver up to this point is just mind boggling. Maybe I should start another branch. First I will write my code on a piece of paper. I then scan it in as a jpeg file and check it into svn. Now, I want you guys to help out by typing in the code, compile it and post all compiler/linker errors here. I'll mark up my piece of paper and repeat the cycle. For those who are not going to dual boot your laptops, you may want to spend $10 on a Dell 1390 card and get it over with.
×