AMD and Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.5 --> 10.6.8 Final[GUIDE]

Mohamed Khairy

1,350 posts in this topic

Hi!

Thank you for this great AMD guide!

I have Asrock Extreme3 Mobo with 890GX chipset, Phenom 955 BE, Sapphire 5850. Following your tutorial i managed to make almost fully-working hackintosh.

- Radeon 5850 working with netkas' kexts

- 10.4 legacy kernel

- Via vt2020s 90% working with VoodooHDA 2.6.2 (Front mic, rear out)

I use only FakeSMC rev 391,VoodooHDA in S/L/E. Sleep is not working, everything else works smoothly, however i get KPs during boot from time to time (2/10 boots), after reboot everything is OK. It's connected with CPU. I will try to attach a photo later. I am not sure whether it is because of imperfect kernel, or lack of some kexts, should i worry about this?

It is not much annoying because a next reboot usually do and everything works for hours later. But I feel embarrassed when I want to show my friends my new ApplePC, and there is KP on boot.

Do you also experience KPs sometimes on your AMd? Is it possible to make 100% working AMD hackintosh?

I have also a question about DSDT patching? Is it essential? Where can I find some guide to do this?

people who have problem with ITune 10

use this utility

to install cpuid

from here

just drag file to patcher and restart

is there anything else we can try to get itunes running? I've tried plenty of other methods and nothing seems to work. I've tried using Marvin's AMD utility, doing one by one step process, and tried different versions of itunes but to no avail. I hate using cog, is not that great as a media player.

Here are my specs

SL 10.6.4

Gigabyge GA-MA790xt-ud4p

AMD Phenom II 945

8gigs 1066 ram, 250 hdd, ATI 5770.

Like i said, i have tried searching all over this forum and osx86.net as well as google, but all the methods provided require either the maxxus patcher or Marvins amd util and nothing seems to work for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!

Thank you for this great AMD guide!

I have Asrock Extreme3 Mobo with 890GX chipset, Phenom 955 BE, Sapphire 5850. Following your tutorial i managed to make almost fully-working hackintosh.

- Radeon 5850 working with netkas' kexts

- 10.4 legacy kernel

- Via vt2020s 90% working with VoodooHDA 2.6.2 (Front mic, rear out)

I use only FakeSMC rev 391,VoodooHDA in S/L/E. Sleep is not working, everything else works smoothly, however i get KPs during boot from time to time (2/10 boots), after reboot everything is OK. It's connected with CPU. I will try to attach a photo later. I am not sure whether it is because of imperfect kernel, or lack of some kexts, should i worry about this?

It is not much annoying because a next reboot usually do and everything works for hours later. But I feel embarrassed when I want to show my friends my new ApplePC, and there is KP on boot.

Do you also experience KPs sometimes on your AMd? Is it possible to make 100% working AMD hackintosh?

I have also a question about DSDT patching? Is it essential? Where can I find some guide to do this?

if it is double panic

it from graphics or audio

run pfix to fix permission may solve it

is there anything else we can try to get itunes running? I've tried plenty of other methods and nothing seems to work. I've tried using Marvin's AMD utility, doing one by one step process, and tried different versions of itunes but to no avail. I hate using cog, is not that great as a media player.

Here are my specs

SL 10.6.4

Gigabyge GA-MA790xt-ud4p

AMD Phenom II 945

8gigs 1066 ram, 250 hdd, ATI 5770.

Like i said, i have tried searching all over this forum and osx86.net as well as google, but all the methods provided require either the maxxus patcher or Marvins amd util and nothing seems to work for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

setup legacy_kernel pkg

if it is double panic

it from graphics or audio

run pfix to fix permission may solve it

setup legacy_kernel pkg

Sorry forgot to mention i am already running that kernel. Even with 10.2.0 i was unable to run itunes. I thought that updating the kernel as well as itunes would help, but no such luck. One more thing, itunes does not open on x64 or 32 bit.

it works good for me with this pkg

Yeah i been reading that is working for alot of people, and i've tried many guides that some have posted and it works for them, but i have no idea why it wont work for me. I thought maybe i was doing something wrong, but i guess i will be stuck with cog. Thanks for the help.

Yeah i been reading that is working for alot of people, and i've tried many guides that some have posted and it works for them, but i have no idea why it wont work for me. I thought maybe i was doing something wrong, but i guess i will be stuck with cog. Thanks for the help.

try new install :blink: with retail

Hello this is my 1st post at Insanelymac.

My hardware is:

Asus M3A

PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0 GHz

CHIPSETS: AMD 770 / Ati SB600

LAN: Atheros PCIe Gigabit LAN

AUDIO: Realtek ALC883

GRAPHICS:XFX Nvidia 9400GT

I used the described First Way installing method: the bootloader cd + retail dvd.

Then upgraded to 10.6.4 without rebooting.

Then installed Chameleon RC4.

Then edited the boot.plist to add the kernel flag busratio=16.

Then run the AMD legacy kernel pkg setup for 10.6.4.

Then installed the kext FakeSMC Snow Leopard version with the Kext Helper b7.

Then rebooted and installed Video, Lan and Audio.

* For my Nvidia, "nvinject" didn't worked for me, only worked NVEnabler (it's a pkg setup)

* My Lan succesfully installed using Attansic Attansic (it's a pkg setup)

* My soundcard succesfully installed using lastest VoodooHDA (it's a pkg setup)

* Ati SB600 southbridge SATA and PATA kexts with kext helper (not sure if they are really needed or not)

KEXTS NOT NEEDED: NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, OpenHaltRestart kext, UUID.kext

Why? it's at the readme of kernel package.

Using this AMD legacy kernel there is no need to use a "disabler" kext (Disabler.kext = NullCPUPowerManagement.kext)

Also with this kernel there is no need for OpenHaltRestart kext, shutdown and reboot issue is already fixed.

The UUID.kext is not needed anymore with this AMD kernel, it patches it at installation.

I'm already using a must have "decryptor" kext, the fakesmc one. (fakesmc.kext = dsmos.kext)

Now my question is.... what to add next? Which kexts do I need to make my machine more stable and problem free?

Thank you Mohamed Khairy for your time doing this super helpful guide and your time answering.

Thank you Mohamed for the descriptive option install. My set up is compose of the following parts

Asus M3A78-EM

AMD phenom 2 940 black edition (quad core)

Nvidia Geforce GTX260

I got some kernel panic at the very beginning of the install that i manage to solve.

But as soon as the snow leopard starts the install i get the following panic and not always from the same cpu number? Do you have any idea of what is going on.

Thank you in advance.

post-562481-1284176353_thumb.jpg

Thank you Mohamed for the descriptive option install. My set up is compose of the following parts

Asus M3A78-EM

AMD phenom 2 940 black edition (quad core)

Nvidia Geforce GTX260

I got some kernel panic at the very beginning of the install that i manage to solve.

But as soon as the snow leopard starts the install i get the following panic and not always from the same cpu number? Do you have any idea of what is going on.

Thank you in advance.

post-562481-1284176353_thumb.jpg

remove gfx card and setup it with on board gfx

may be panic from card

and did you use IDE HDD OR DVD DRIVE

My laptop Config is as follows:

HP DV6--1204 au

AMD Athlon X2 Dual-core QL-65 (2.1 Ghz)

ATI Radeon 3200 HD Graphics card

3 GB DDR2 RAM..

i want to know that CAN I INSTALL SNOW LEOPARD ON MY LAPTOP WITH DUAL BOOT WITH SERVER 2008 R2..?

plz help me as it is very important for me because i am iOS developer and need Xcode with iPhone SDK 4 on my laptop very badly for full support..

i have mac leopard virtually running on vmware 7 but it is very very slow running..

Thank you in advance.

My laptop Config is as follows:

HP DV6--1204 au

AMD Athlon X2 Dual-core QL-65 (2.1 Ghz)

ATI Radeon 3200 HD Graphics card

3 GB DDR2 RAM..

i want to know that CAN I INSTALL SNOW LEOPARD ON MY LAPTOP WITH DUAL BOOT WITH SERVER 2008 R2..?

plz help me as it is very important for me because i am iOS developer and need Xcode with iPhone SDK 4 on my laptop very badly for full support..

i have mac leopard virtually running on vmware 7 but it is very very slow running..

Thank you in advance.

yes you can

Hdd is sata but my dvd drive is IDE Should i use a sata dvd drive?

Thanks for the reply!

it is from ide kext is un stable will replace it but better to use sata dvd

yes you can

Thank you.

what if i want to install leopard 10.5.7 (have original dvd)..?

which boot CD to use initiall,y as one u have provided in this guide..?

I am having upgrade media of snow leopard so, not able to install using that one.., any solution instead of getting new snow leo..?

I have a PC with the following specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

Gigabyte 890GA-UD3H

Nvidia GeForce GTS 250

I'm trying to install using the second way.

When booting up the installer, there is no kernel panic.

However, the installation is always stuck with a cursor, followed by a pinwheel, on a grey screen.

I've left the installation overnight and nothing happens, its just stuck.

Screenshot: http://i52.tinypic.com/in7qko.jpg

I've tried -x, -f flags to no avail.

Anyone has any idea what causes (and can fix) this problem?

I have a PC with the following specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

Gigabyte 890GA-UD3H

Nvidia GeForce GTS 250

I'm trying to install using the second way.

When booting up the installer, there is no kernel panic.

However, the installation is always stuck with a cursor, followed by a pinwheel, on a grey screen.

I've left the installation overnight and nothing happens, its just stuck.

Screenshot: http://i52.tinypic.com/in7qko.jpg

I've tried -x, -f flags to no avail.

Anyone has any idea what causes (and can fix) this problem?

you need to fix permisson

try pfix :)

Hdd is sata but my dvd drive is IDE Should i use a sata dvd drive?

Thanks for the reply!

it is from ide kext is un stable will replace it but better to use sata dvd

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem, but can't replace my IDE DVD drive.

Any solutions for me?

Thanks in advance.

I have a second older PC with AMD X2 in it running 10.5.6 and would like to try to install SL instead.

I have Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.0 disk. Do I need to get the 10.6.3 retail disk in order to follow your guide or can I use 10.6.0?

thanks