DSDT editor and patcher

oldnapalm

999 posts in this topic

Thanks, I will test this tomorrow :-) previous I got also this patch DTGP but that is not nessasary for AMD or should this also be included?

Thanks

Peter

these patches will not need it

applied only when needed

Sorry, I don't understand.

Are you using DSDT Editor (IASL 20101013)?

From your original DSDT, just fix the "If (CondRefOf (FPED))" syntax error (see link in my previous post), other errors are auto-fixed, there are no errors left.

@lalya: please see post #561

from this DSDT does not make sense ... it is empty. This post is yours and mine with 3 errors that need to be removed .... I did not get ((

I agree, even with the firewire error message (FireWire runtime power conservation disabled), it doesn't cause any problem. I only have firewire HDD.

Hey guys,

This keep coming back, and I dont think ''FireWire runtime power conservation disabled'' is an error message at all, I saw it on real macs, I have it on my Pavilion laptop and Firewire works perfectly including Hotplug b4 sleep and after sleep.

'x.di' described that nicely here

Regards

s

from this DSDT does not make sense ... it is empty. This post is yours and mine with 3 errors that need to be removed .... I did not get ((

The code you inserted is wrong, there are 3 missing "}" (ending for devices HDMI, GFX0 and PEG1) @ line 4330.

If you fix this, there will be 59 errors, not 3.

Inserting that code does not make sense, many objects are already defined in "Scope (_SB.PCI0.PEG1.GFX0)" @ line 20876.

The code you inserted is wrong, there are 3 missing "}" (ending for devices HDMI, GFX0 and PEG1) @ line 4330.

If you fix this, there will be 59 errors, not 3.

Inserting that code does not make sense, many objects are already defined in "Scope (_SB.PCI0.PEG1.GFX0)" @ line 20876.

Well. Maybe you will be able to bypass intelHD and register so that would connect only one video card is nvidia .... I think many owners of nvidia optimus you say thank you

Well. Maybe you will be able to bypass intelHD and register so that would connect only one video card is nvidia .... I think many owners of nvidia optimus you say thank you

Sorry, I have no idea on how to do that. Can you explain what is the problem and what are you trying to do to fix it?

There's a device GFX0 in PEG1 and other in PEG3, do you know which card is each one?

There's another GFX0 right in PCI0, and inside it

If (_OSI ("Linux"))
				{
					^^PEG1.GFX0.DOFF ()
				}

I guess it disables one card if OS is Linux. You could try something like that.

I think it is correct that the address for your firewire is 00000001 (0x00000001). This means you need to change the firewire patch a little bit for it to work for you. I didn't found any device with address 00000001 in your DSDT. This means that there is no firewire device method/code in your DSDT. So, you need to add it manually. To do so, you'll need to find where it is connect to (PCI-Bridge or PCI-Express port). If you look in windows Device Manager, the same place where you get the firewire Address, obtain the Parent device. It should look something like this:-

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B4C&SUBSYS_1C771043&REV_06\3&11583659&0&E5

With the vendor & device ID (VEN_8086&DEV_3B4C) locate the parent device which usually under System devices. When you locate the parent device, obtain the Address value, for example 001C0005. Based on this example, locate Name (_ADR, 0x001C0005) in the DSDT. When you found it, add firewire patch below the Name (_ADR, . Remember, the firewire address must change to yours (0x00000001), like this:-

Device (FRWR) // <--Firewire (check to be sure the _GPE value is OK)
			 {
				 Name (_ADR, 0x00000001)
				 Name (_GPE, 0x1A)
				 Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				 {
					 Store (Package (0x02)
						 {
							 "fwhub", 
							 Buffer (0x04)
							 {
								 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							 }
						 }, Local0)
					 DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					 Return (Local0)
				 }
			 }

As you can see, I like to check it in windows because it seems more accurate to me. You also can check it in IOReg using IORegistryExplorer application. If you can post IOReg dump (save it using IORegistryExplorer application), I can look into it for you.

hi kizwan

i have bad and good news.

the bad news is... sorry for the late in reply but i've been far from here in these past 2 days :/ also I didn't have the laptop with me.

The good news (just in part) is that I just found from windows the firewire complete address, which is:

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0552&SUBSYS_201E17AA&REV_09\4&4A984C3&0&01F0

But I couldn't find the parent device, under system devices.. well I didn't understand the

correct procedure to find it, i gues :P

can you help me to find this "parent" device? What do I need to do after the string above?

In system devices there are so many things...

The good news (just in part) is that I just found from windows the firewire complete address, which is:

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0552&SUBSYS_201E17AA&REV_09\4&4A984C3&0&01F0

It is already known now that the firewire patch is not recommended because it will only caused problem later.

Hey guys,

This keep coming back, and I dont think ''FireWire runtime power conservation disabled'' is an error message at all, I saw it on real macs, I have it on my Pavilion laptop and Firewire works perfectly including Hotplug b4 sleep and after sleep.

You might want to read from post #555 to understand how this issue "coming back". Honestly, I failed to understand why you replied to my post only. :)

Sorry, I have no idea on how to do that. Can you explain what is the problem and what are you trying to do to fix it?

There's a device GFX0 in PEG1 and other in PEG3, do you know which card is each one?

There's another GFX0 right in PCI0, and inside it

If (_OSI ("Linux"))
                    {
                        ^^PEG1.GFX0.DOFF ()
                    }

I guess it disables one card if OS is Linux. You could try something like that.

oldnapalm

How would obsnit that used Google translator correctly denounced the idea)). You do not want to use intel video card that used the laptop was loaded directly from nVidia. With your submission here is what we have ... but it still starts Intel video card .. and did not adjust the resolution.DSDT excellent but still not working. Help curb nVidia Optimus

dsdt.aml_2.zip

@yurick,

The only graphic card you can enable & disable is the Nvidia graphic card. ^^PEG1.GFX0 is the Nvidia GPU. The Intel HD Graphics, in my DSDT is IGPU & I think it is also in your DSDT. You can't disable/bypass the Intel HD Graphics GPU since it is responsible in relaying the output from the Nvidia GPU to display. Unlike switchable graphics which consists of Intel HD & ATI GPU, the Nvidia Optimus technology doesn't use multiplexer. So, there is no direct connection between the Nvidia GPU & display.

Hi kizwan,

didn't mean to offend you, sorry if you understand my post that way.

s

Don't worry about it. I'm not offended, really. I add smiley to the post to show that I'm not offended at all. :D I just like to say my thought out loud (maybe I need to stop from doing this to prevent misunderstanding). :D

First post updated.

Changes in new release:

• checkbox "editable text" replaced by button "update tree"
  • reorganized menus
  • added keyboard shortcuts to menu items
  • Mac OS style open/save dialogs
  • ThermalZone is now a tree node
  • more auto-fixed errors
  • bugfixes

First post updated.

Changes in new release:

• checkbox "editable text" replaced by button "update tree"
  • reorganized menus
  • added keyboard shortcuts to menu items
  • Mac OS style open/save dialogs
  • ThermalZone is now a tree node
  • more auto-fixed errors
  • bugfixes

WoW

Great

Thanks

@MaLd0n,

Hey thanks so much again for this great project you have released. Auto Patcher and DSDT editor are the next huge leaps in OSX86 since the inception of the Chameleon Boot Loader.

I don't know what the issue is but I thought the DSDT auto patcher fixed ICH7 Serial-ATA in System profiler for the GA-G41-ES2L? I don't have CSTinfo either on the MB? See Ioreg.

I am not using smbios.plist for any of my systems since the new chameleon seems to take care of this.

Here are a couple of screenshots showing you this and a screenshot of the Hardware.

I have also attached the DSDT I just patched with the latest Auto Patcher along with Ioreg, kextstat and kernel.log

post-135888-1291078759_thumb.png

post-135888-1291078769_thumb.png

DSDT_IOREG_KEXTSTAT_and_Kernel.log.zip

@MaLd0n,

Hey thanks so much again for this great project you have released. Auto Patcher and DSDT editor are the next huge leaps in OSX86 since the inception of the Chameleon Boot Loader.

I don't know what the issue is but I thought the DSDT auto patcher fixed ICH7 Serial-ATA in System profiler for the GA-G41-ES2L? I don't have CSTinfo either on the MB? See Ioreg.

I am not using smbios.plist for any of my systems since the new chameleon seems to take care of this.

Here are a couple of screenshots showing you this and a screenshot of the Hardware.

I have also attached the DSDT I just patched with the latest Auto Patcher along with Ioreg, kextstat and kernel.log

I use SMBIOS macpro2, 1

Chameleon show me how to hackintosh

smbios.plist.zip

MaLd0n_2010_11_29___s_23.45.19.png

this motherboard is very compatible, but no AHCI

try a legacy, but I do not know

This is cosmetic

And if you use HD and DVD SATA

You do not need kext

works natively

"CSTInfo" = 19136773

"PerformanceStateArray" = (,,,)

My brother has an identical motherboard

hackintosh 98% fakesmc -> 2%

perfect

@MaLd0n,

Yes HD and DVD Drive are SATA. SO weird. And your brother has CSTinfo in Ioreg under SMC right?

I have to look over my CMOS settings. I enabled C1E C2/C4 all of them. I have tried combinations and that has not helped.

The only thing I am not using is the smbios.plist.

Sorry I accidently posted here and meant in the other thread.

Have you looked over my attachments and everything looks ok?

Thanks

Hello, I am pretty new to DSDT modification. I luckily stumbled into this thread and I was so happy!!! I tried modifying my DSDT with this editor. My Configuration is :

Motherboard: Gigabyyte G31M-ES2L (Rev. 2.4) - Bios version FI

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400

RAM: 4GB Cheap DDR2 667 (2*2GB)

GFX: Sparkle nVidia 9400 GT

HD: Seagate 500 GB

The Patches I applied are all given below (in order):

1. RTC

2. DTGP

3. AZAL -HDEF

4. ALC883

5. GIGE (Strangely, This device, i.e. my onbaord Gigabit LAN, is showing under PEX4. In everest though it is shown as Bus 3, Device 0, Function 0)

6. HPET

7. WAK

8. Gigabyte Shut Down

9. LPC

10. EHCI

11. Mac Devices (Correct me if I am wrong but, isn't this one just for cosmetics)

12. IRQ

It would be great if someone can take a look in my DSDT and tell me if the patches were applied correctly. Also I would to know how can I include a patch for my processor i.e. E7400 and my GFX card i.e. 9400 GT. Also Please tell me if I need to apply any other patch (IOATA etc.) or if any patch should not have been applied in the first place.

I know I am asking a lot, but please help me out here.

I have attached patched as well as untouched vanilla DSDT below:

Untouched Vanilla DSDT (dsl):

http://rapidshare.com/files/434507726/dsdt-untouched.dsl

Patched DSDT (dsl):

http://rapidshare.com/files/434508065/dsdt...-Macnam-IRQ.dsl