[Guide] HP DV8, DV7, DV6, & DV5, 10.6.4 Easy, Comprehensive Installation

Mammoth

v2.00 Installation, Update, and Mammoth Installation media  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Is v2.00 something you are interested in and would use?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which are you most interested in?

• v2.00 Installation Guides
    • v2.00 Post-installation Update Guide

1,266 posts in this topic

hello, please can anyone help me to install snow leopard on my vaio vpceb12fx. i have tried several guides to no avail. one thing that i think is one of the problem is that htere is no option in bios to change to AHCI mode. attached is my system profile from everest and cpuz. Thanks.

Everest_report_system_report.pdf

STEALTH_VAIO.html

Hi,

Sorry this is a thread for HP, machines so I don't think you'll find any appropriate responses for your question.

Please try to ask your question in the main forum and you may get a better response.

Thanks!

i would suggest to try with the parameters busratio=17 / cpus=1 / -x , or mix of them

@JannieRox

Be sure to keep that 2nd drive out while trying to make it work.

If -x does not allow you to get at least a safe mode boot, I'm really going to have to look more closely at why it's not working on your system. I think the DSDT on the CD may not be compatible, so will make a CD with your DSDT.aml file and have you try that.

Hi

I'm not fluent in English

I do not know how DSDT program works

This is the easiest and surest way to generate a proper, CLEAN, DSDT:

- Download Ubuntu Live CD from ubuntu web site

- Burn and boot from CD. You'll be in Ubuntu desktop. Default user is ubuntu and home folder is /home/ubuntu.

- From top menu bar, accessories (system) launch terminal and issue the following command:

sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.aml

- Now you'll have it in your home folder.

@Navidi

What languages do you speak? If we know, maybe someone can help you.

hello, please can anyone help me to install snow leopard on my vaio vpceb12fx. i have tried several guides to no avail. one thing that i think is one of the problem is that htere is no option in bios to change to AHCI mode. attached is my system profile from everest and cpuz. Thanks.

Everest_report_system_report.pdf

STEALTH_VAIO.html

Like Samitty said, this is not a Sony thread, and not a Vaio thread. This is for HP DVx laptops. I will tell you that VAIO's are the WORST machines for OS X and I would advise you to sell it on eBay NOW and get ANY other machine if you really want to be able to run OS X.

I had one of those piece of {censored} SONY VAIOs and found out you will NEVER get the video to work right on them, so I sold it on eBay and bought my HP DV8.

Here is my original thread I started for that POS:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=218716

and if you are interested:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...8556&st=400

Hi taptun, thanks for your kernel!

i noticed it has the exact same size of 10.6.5 kernel ... is it normal ?

Mal

Hi Mammoth , Hi All ;)

New kernel to 10.6.6 ;)

+ for simplicity - tereminal command for the audio

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x84\x19\xD4\x11|\x03\x76\x1D\x11|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Taptun :)

@JannieRox

If -x does not allow you to get at least a safe mode boot, I'm really going to have to look more closely at why it's not working on your system. I think the DSDT on the CD may not be compatible, so will make a CD with your DSDT.aml file and have you try that.

yeah I remembered to move out the second drive :) but going to try the -x in about 10 mins. and also get the dsdt up as well.

@Mammoth:

I think with DSDT ubuntu guide here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190780 or use EVEREST on Windows, we can extract extra SSDT and make Speed Step for specific CPU http://www.darwinx86.net/guides/installer-...gurer/208-pmosx

yes, exactly ... i was going to edit my post : i also checked the original vanilla 10.6.6 kernel it's pretty similar to 10.6.5 in size... i guess there are no huge changes from previous 10.6.5 to current 10.6.6 kernel.

Mal

Not exactly same size

mobile_kernel

10.6.6 13,026,980 bytes

10.6.5 13,026,885 bytes

@mammoth

Just one quick question, my DV5 runs vanilla kernel perfectly as i have Core2duo so the boot cd you make for my laptop will include vanilla kernel option right? or i will have to you the 10.6.6 taptun kernel like the rest of you?

Hi Mammoth , Hi All :D

New kernel to 10.6.6 :)

+ for simplicity - tereminal command for the audio

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x84\x19\xD4\x11|\x03\x76\x1D\x11|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Taptun :angel:

Thanks a lot!

@JannieRox

This is the easiest and surest way to generate a proper, CLEAN, DSDT:

- Download Ubuntu Live CD from ubuntu web site

- Burn and boot from CD. You'll be in Ubuntu desktop. Default user is ubuntu and home folder is /home/ubuntu.

- From top menu bar, accessories (system) launch terminal and issue the following command:

sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.aml

- Now you'll have it in your home folder.

@Navidi

What languages do you speak? If we know, maybe someone can help you.

Like Samitty said, this is not a Sony thread, and not a Vaio thread. This is for HP DVx laptops. I will tell you that VAIO's are the WORST machines for OS X and I would advise you to sell it on eBay NOW and get ANY other machine if you really want to be able to run OS X.

I had one of those piece of {censored} SONY VAIOs and found out you will NEVER get the video to work right on them, so I sold it on eBay and bought my HP DV8.

Here is my original thread I started for that POS:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=218716

and if you are interested:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...8556&st=400

@ Mammoth:

my dear, im speak persian (farsi) "im iranian".

im setup ubunto and test commund again

@ Mammoth:

my dear, im speak persian (farsi) "im iranian".

im setup ubunto and test commund again

@ Mammoth:

DEAR Mammoth.

DSDT For My Notebook attach.

thanks a lot for your help. :-x

DSDT.zip

Hi everyone,

I am looking to hackintosh my new HPDV7t se (WX444AV). The specs are below (I will create a signature in a bit). As I just received this laptop on friday it is still within the time limit with HP to return/exchange for the new sandybridge models at the same price. Do you guys think I should keep this current laptop (which is fast enough and is probaby easier to hackintosh) or exchange it for the new models? I mean my computing needs aren't too intensive but I always like to have the option to have as much speed and power as I can afford. Any help is greatly appreciated. I would also like to create the DSDT for Mammoth but am a total noob when it comes to this stuff, is there an absolute easy way to provide this if I am convinced to keep my current model?

My specs:

Intel® Core i7-720QM Quad Core processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz

• 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics [HDMI, VGA] - For Quad Core Processors

• FREE Upgrade to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

• 1TB 7200RPM Dual Hard Drive (500GB x 2) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

Many Thanks

Intel® Core i7-720QM Quad Core processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz

• 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics [HDMI, VGA] - For Quad Core Processors

• FREE Upgrade to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

• 1TB 7200RPM Dual Hard Drive (500GB x 2) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

Many Thanks

I think your current Radeon chip is not supported by hackintosh project, but it is rumored that the new 6570M will be in next MBP, so it actually might be a better idea to exchange.

Not sure though, so don't blame me if it's the wrong choice :)

I think your current Radeon chip is not supported by hackintosh project, but it is rumored that the new 6570M will be in next MBP, so it actually might be a better idea to exchange.

Not sure though, so don't blame me if it's the wrong choice :)

Thanks Nixin! I've read on tonymac's blog that they successfully hacked the new sandybridge chips so I think exchanging it will be a smart move. I already have an iMac so I'm in no hurry really to have a hackbook pro. I just wanted to try it out. Plus, since I don't plan on buying another pc for a couple of years, i'd like to future proof my gear as much as possible.

Well still haven't been able to get it going. Checked and rechecked everything over and over. I've done all as I was supposed to and removed the extra drive as well. Am thinking maybe it is the dsdt. am uploading mine now to see.

Ok, I will get a CD made up with your DSDT, but I need a little time... maybe tomorrow, or Thursday if I can get caught up on some things.

@Mammoth:

I think with DSDT ubuntu guide here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190780 or use EVEREST on Windows, we can extract extra SSDT and make Speed Step for specific CPU http://www.darwinx86.net/guides/installer-...gurer/208-pmosx

This is great info Nghia, thanks for sharing. Yes, we must have SSDT as SpeedStep is very important, especially for laptops. I will probably need some help with that when I start looking at that; I've got a bunch of stuff I need to finish up, but will be back to it soon.

Thank you!

:)

Ok, I will get a CD made up with your DSDT, but I need a little time... maybe tomorrow, or Thursday if I can get caught up on some things.

This is great info Nghia, thanks for sharing. Yes, we must have SSDT as SpeedStep is very important, especially for laptops. I will probably need some help with that when I start looking at that; I've got a bunch of stuff I need to finish up, but will be back to it soon.

Thank you!

:D

take your time :) I am in no rush for anything i know you are busy and working hard for all of us. Besides i know that life goes on besides this stuff :P I am just trying to test and help anyhow :P I check back regularly.

@mammoth

Just one quick question, my DV5 runs vanilla kernel perfectly as i have Core2duo so the boot cd you make for my laptop will include vanilla kernel option right? or i will have to you the 10.6.6 taptun kernel like the rest of you?

When you go into BIOS, who is the BIOS maker: Phoniex, InSyde, etc.?

With the new procedure, you will be able to choose vanilla or taptun, simply by changing it in com.apple.Boot.plist.

Thanks Nixin! I've read on tonymac's blog that they successfully hacked the new sandybridge chips so I think exchanging it will be a smart move. I already have an iMac so I'm in no hurry really to have a hackbook pro. I just wanted to try it out. Plus, since I don't plan on buying another pc for a couple of years, i'd like to future proof my gear as much as possible.

Yes, I agree with NIXin, go with the Sandy and then let us know when you have it and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks!

Hey all and above Mammoth!

I would like to install the Mac OSx on my HP Dv6-3148 computer. Does your guide help me? My computer specs are:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...=reg_R1002_USEN

Thanks in advance :)

I know most of that hardware is like our machines, but not sure about the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650, that may be the wild card. Anybody know about this one?

take your time ;) I am in no rush for anything i know you are busy and working hard for all of us. Besides i know that life goes on besides this stuff :P I am just trying to test and help anyhow :D I check back regularly.

Thanks a lot JannieRox!

I really appreciate your words and sentiment.

: )

When you go into BIOS, who is the BIOS maker: Phoniex, InSyde, etc.?

With the new procedure, you will be able to choose vanilla or taptun, simply by changing it in com.apple.Boot.plist.

I have InSyde BIOS!

Mammoth,

I installed the Mac Snow Leopard on 10.6.6 on HP DV9700 Series laptop. Everything is working perfectly . I appreciate creation of the wonderful Installation guide. Only thing is remaning is the installation of WIndows 7 on the same harddrive. I am unable to partition the harddrive. Is there a tool by which I can partition . Disk Utility is not allowing to partition as per my wish.

Also Another question. If I partition the same harddrive using Partition Magic boot CD will the EFI or CHam partition will be disabled ?. Please clarify .

$tealth

snowleoparde.jpg

Mammoth,

I installed the Mac Snow Leopard on 10.6.6 on HP DV9700 Series laptop. Everything is working perfectly . I appreciate creation of the wonderful Installation guide. Only thing is remaning is the installation of WIndows 7 on the same harddrive. I am unable to partition the harddrive. Is there a tool by which I can partition . Disk Utility is not allowing to partition as per my wish.

Also Another question. If I partition the same harddrive using Partition Magic boot CD will the EFI or CHam partition will be disabled ?. Please clarify .

$tealth

snowleoparde.jpg

What computer specs du you have? Is it anything like mine?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...=reg_R1002_USEN