[Guide] HP DV8, DV7, DV6, & DV5, 10.6.4 Easy, Comprehensive Installation

Mammoth

v2.00 Installation, Update, and Mammoth Installation media  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Is v2.00 something you are interested in and would use?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which are you most interested in?

• v2.00 Installation Guides
    • v2.00 Post-installation Update Guide

1,266 posts in this topic

Thanks for the tip JBraddock,

I tried using Preview as you suggested, but it reduces all of the image quality too much. What I will do is shrink the images down, so the next ones won't be so large. Thanks for speaking up about this.

Sleep and wake is working great with v2.00, and it's due to features in newer versions of Chameleon, DSDT edits by NIXin and Taptun.

How are you invoking hibernation? I do not have hibernation as an option anywhere that I can find. Perhaps I need to enable it somewhere?

In my case, it is still readable and images seem fine to me but it is of course up to you.

I both tried "Hibernate Only" and "Sleep and Hibernate" options in which OSX failed to resume from sleep.

You can use Smart Sleep, a System preferences, to see your current sleep mode. You can do this via command tool as well.

Which exact trunk version of Chameleon are you guys using? Boot.plist keys etc.

I am using AnVaL and I was wondering if the recent versions somehow broke the hibernate. It used to work well.

Finally, any specific DSDT hack for sleep that NIXin and Taptun did?

Something else I've just noticed...

On my desktop Hac, I have the Eject icon on the top Menu Bar, but not on my DV8.

Does anyone know why this is or how we can add/enable it?

Just look at /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras and double click on Eject.menu.

In my case, it is still readable and images seem fine to me but it is of course up to you.

I both tried "Hibernate Only" and "Sleep and Hibernate" options in which OSX failed to resume from sleep.

You can use Smart Sleep, a System preferences, to see your current sleep mode. You can do this via command tool as well.

Which exact trunk version of Chameleon are you guys using? Boot.plist keys etc.

I am using AnVaL and I was wondering if the recent versions somehow broke the hibernate. It used to work well.

Finally, any specific DSDT hack for sleep that NIXin and Taptun did?

Just look at /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras and double click on Eject.menu.

Thanks for the quick fix on the Eject button JBraddock, that one's being added to the guide. ; )

For some reason, I don't have those options "Hibernate Only" and "Sleep and Hibernate"; I guess that's something in our current DSDT.

@NIXin & @Taptun - Do you guys know anything about this? I have no Hibernation options anywhere that I can find.

I'm glad you are bringing this up JB because I just never noticed that it was missing. I looked in System Preferences and didn't find anything related to Smart Sleep and could not figure out how to invoke it in Terminal either. Any suggestions?

On Chameleon, I am using the latest compiled directly from the Trunk which is an RC5 version (there is no version given, just "r". NIXin posted a patcher he found from Mald0n, and then wrote some custom scripts to use with it for some of our systems that works great. You can search for NIXin's posts to find it.

All of this is being incorporated into the v2.00 release.

Update: Where you referring to the 3rd party app SmartSleep?

@Taptun

I just realized with our current audio solution we are getting the following audio assertion errors repeatedly in the kernel.log:

Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 2933 goto Exit

Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 2013 goto Exit

Any idea how we can fix these?

For some reason, I don't have those options "Hibernate Only" and "Sleep and Hibernate"; I guess that's something in our current DSDT.

@NIXin & @Taptun - Do you guys know anything about this? I have no Hibernation options anywhere that I can find.

I'm glad you are bringing this up JB because I just never noticed that it was missing. I looked in System Preferences and didn't find anything related to Smart Sleep and could not figure out how to invoke it in Terminal either. Any suggestions?

On Chameleon, I am using the latest compiled directly from the Trunk which is an RC5 version (there is no version given, just "r". NIXin posted a patcher he found from Mald0n, and then wrote some custom scripts to use with it for some of our systems that works great. You can search for NIXin's posts to find it.

Update: Where you referring to the 3rd party app SmartSleep?

Below is a brief explanation of the matter.

In Terminal/iTerm/etc run the following command to determine your current sleep mode:

pmset -g | grep hibernate

This should return one of the followings:

0 – Legacy sleep mode. It will save everything to RAM upon sleeping but does not support “Safe Sleep”. Very fast sleep.

1 – Legacy “Safe Sleep”. This is the “Safe Sleep”. Everything your laptop goes into sleep, it will save everything to harddisk. Slow on Sleep and Startup.

3 – Default. As described above, when sleeping, contents are saved to RAM. When battery runs out, hibernate occurs.

5 – Behaves as 1 but applicable only for modern Mac that uses “Secure virtual memory”.

7 – Behaves as 3 but applicable only for modern Mac that uses “Secure virtual memory”.

You can enable/disable Secure virtual memory from System Preferences > Security. By default your sleep mode should be 3 unless modified.

In my case, S3 sleep never worked. It goes to sleep but on wake up, I have black screen and OSX freezes. After a forced restart, it used to resume from sleep. Basically in this mode OSX hibernates if power failure occurs. But, now, hibernation side of this mode stopped working as described below.

So, I could only use S0 or S1. But now, I can't use S1 too. Before it wakes up, it goes to sleep again. BTW, in order to wake OSX up from hibernation, you need to have Wake=Yes in your boot.plist. Forcewake=Yes is another key in this sense if needed.

By Smart Sleep I was referring to this little app. Now, if you could test your sleep mode and share the result I would really appreciate.

I'll check previous posts to see if the hacks apply to me as well.

Finally, can you please share your DSDT code that includes brightness and all the hacks mentioned in this topic.

Thanks,

===========

Something else I've just noticed...

On my desktop Hac, I have the Eject icon on the top Menu Bar, but not on my DV8.

Does anyone know why this is or how we can add/enable it?

i have the eject on mine. anything i can do to help you figure it out lemme know.

post-698031-1298071338_thumb.png

Below is a brief explanation of the matter.

You can enable/disable Secure virtual memory from System Preferences > Security. By default your sleep mode should be 3 unless modified.

In my case, S3 sleep never worked. It goes to sleep but on wake up, I have black screen and OSX freezes. After a forced restart, it used to resume from sleep. Basically in this mode OSX hibernates if power failure occurs. But, now, hibernation side of this mode stopped working as described below.

So, I could only use S0 or S1. But now, I can't use S1 too. Before it wakes up, it goes to sleep again. BTW, in order to wake OSX up from hibernation, you need to have Wake=Yes in your boot.plist. Forcewake=Yes is another key in this sense if needed.

By Smart Sleep I was referring to this little app. Now, if you could test your sleep mode and share the result I would really appreciate.

I'll check previous posts to see if the hacks apply to me as well.

Finally, can you please share your DSDT code that includes brightness and all the hacks mentioned in this topic.

Thanks,

Ok, my hibernate mode is 1.

But something is suddenly wrong, i.e. different than it's ever acted before...

I have always been able to use fn + F5, and my machine's display would go black, and then after some hard disk activity, the machine would go completely quite, and would then have a flashing power light. I could also use the power button to do this, and close the lid. Now I believe it is behaving the way you describe yours is. When I try to turn it back on, I get a hazy gray screen with an advancing progress bar at the bottom, then I get a Wake Image! message, then my desktop comes back. Also, now my USB ports don't seem to work after coming back up. I have NEVER seen this behavior ever, so something has changed!

I know there was at least 1 Apple update in the last couple of days, so I am suspecting that or something else that has changed. I will be doing more testing and let you know.

On the DSDT issues, all of that is still being formulated and we don't have anything solid to release yet. That is a big part of v2.00, and once we get it all ready then we will be able to release it.

i have the eject on mine. anything i can do to help you figure it out lemme know.

post-698031-1298071338_thumb.png

Hi Jason,

Yes, JBraddock already resolved it a few posts back, but thanks!

Hi Mammoth,

Have you had any progress with resolving the issues I have been having with not being able to boot in to the SL Installer?

Thanks

NSCXP2005

Hang tight NSCXP2005,

I'm burning the midnight oil on v2.00, plus several other things. I haven't forgot about you but time is scarce right now. You're in the queue though! ; )

Ok, my hibernate mode is 1.

But something is suddenly wrong, i.e. different than it's ever acted before...

I have always been able to use fn + F5, and my machine's display would go black, and then after some hard disk activity, the machine would go completely quite, and would then have a flashing power light. I could also use the power button to do this, and close the lid. Now I believe it is behaving the way you describe yours is. When I try to turn it back on, I get a hazy gray screen with an advancing progress bar at the bottom, then I get a Wake Image! message, then my desktop comes back. Also, now my USB ports don't seem to work after coming back up. I have NEVER seen this behavior ever, so something has changed!

I know there was at least 1 Apple update in the last couple of days, so I am suspecting that or something else that has changed. I will be doing more testing and let you know.

On the DSDT issues, all of that is still being formulated and we don't have anything solid to release yet. That is a big part of v2.00, and once we get it all ready then we will be able to release it.

That's because your sleep mode is set to hibernate only and that hazy green screen is quite normal. If you don't want to wake your computer up then use Wake=No in Chameleon Menu. You can change your sleep mode to 0, which means that OSX will come back to life almost immediately.

I suggest you try Sleep mode 3 and 0 then you could see the whole picture. i believe when you try S3 sleep, you will get a black screen on wake up and after a forced restart you'll be welcomed by your desktop.

In my case, after that grey screen, OSX goes into sleep again instead of waking up. I believe my bootloader is the problem. I filed a bug on this to Valv. We'll see what he got.

That's because your sleep mode is set to hibernate only and that hazy green screen is quite normal. If you don't want to wake your computer up then use Wake=No in Chameleon Menu. You can change your sleep mode to 0, which means that OSX will come back to life almost immediately.

I suggest you try Sleep mode 3 and 0 then you could see the whole picture. i believe when you try S3 sleep, you will get a black screen on wake up and after a forced restart you'll be welcomed by your desktop.

In my case, after that grey screen, OSX goes into sleep again instead of waking up. I believe my bootloader is the problem. I filed a bug on this to Valv. We'll see what he got.

That's all fine, but my concern is I have NEVER seen this behavior before, so what has changed that I am seeing this for the first time? It all worked pretty well before.

How do we switch the sleep modes?

Do you ever see a selection in OS X for "Hibernate", as I never do?

OK, UPDATE!

I just swapped drives with another installation of OS X and it works as it always has before: the machine goes to sleep, nice and quiet, power light blinking. Can't wake by pressing keys or using mouse / trackpad (something I'd like to fix if possible), but can wake by pressing power button.

UPDATE 2

=======

On the OS X drive mentioned above, running " pmset -g | grep hibernate " shows " hibernatemode 3 "

FINAL UPDATE

=========

Put the original drive back in, issued the following command:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3

Everything back the way it used to be and the way I like it. I have no idea how the mode got changed from 3 to 1 in the first place.

-------------------

I found this very useful link:

http://etherealmind.com/osx-hibernate-mode/

@Mammoth, Just a suggestion, the pdf file you created is nearly 14MB. I suggest you open that pdf file in Preview.app and then Save As and choose Reduce File Size in Quartz Filter, which will slim down the file size to 500KB.

Finally, I was wondering if you guys have sleep working. If I am not mistaken I remember you having a hard time and black screen when using some of the sleep modes. Can you share the current situation? If you have solved these problems, how?

I have never had S3 sleep working but at least I used to have Hibernate but now, I noticed that it is somehow broken.

Just before it wakes up, it goes to sleep again. Now, I can only use "Sleep Only" option after which I lose the audio. If I use an audio device which has an USB input then I have sound after sleep otherwise sound is not working.

Thanks,

OK, now that I have my test machine back to sleep mode 3, I can confirm that with our current DSDT + Chameleon, we are not seeing the issues you describe.

After sleep, press power button to wake (or raise lid if sleep by lid close) and machine does wake back to normal operation. Audio still works, USB ports all still working.

However in sleep (hibernate) mode 1, I definitely saw some issues, such as -ALL- USB ports no longer working.

I am going to try SmartSleep and see how well it works, but I think we may need some DSDT correction to fix mode 1 (0 maybe too).

OK, now that I have my test machine back to sleep mode 3, I can confirm that with our current DSDT + Chameleon, we are not seeing the issues you describe.

After sleep, press power button to wake (or raise lid if sleep by lid close) and machine does wake back to normal operation. Audio still works, USB ports all still working.

However in sleep (hibernate) mode 1, I definitely saw some issues, such as -ALL- USB ports no longer working.

I am going to try SmartSleep and see how well it works, but I think we may need some DSDT correction to fix mode 1 (0 maybe too).

That's good news. S3 sleep, to my knowledge, is the hardest one to get it working. The rest should be relatively easy to fix.

Also, I found my problem. Silly me. I forgot that I had removed Wake=Yes from the boot.plist. It is essential if you want to resume from hibernate. I suggest you try sleep mode 1 with this key being added to your boot.plist. Don't forget to uncheck secure virtual memory and put machine into sleep after a restart. It might fix your usb problem.

S0 is also important. It is instant and also if you install an SSD drive, it is the sleep mode that is being suggested to be used with it.

Smart Sleep is just a tool to set sleep mode. It wouldn't do any magic.

In my case, S3 gives me black screen on wake up and with S0 I lose audio on wake up unless I use an audio headset etc. with an USB input!. Any ideas how to fix the latter one :thumbsup_anim:

That's good news. S3 sleep, to my knowledge, is the hardest one to get it working. The rest should be relatively easy to fix.

Also, I found my problem. Silly me. I forgot that I had removed Wake=Yes from the boot.plist. It is essential if you want to resume from hibernate. I suggest you try sleep mode 1 with this key being added to your boot.plist. Don't forget to uncheck secure virtual memory and put machine into sleep after a restart. It might fix your usb problem.

S0 is also important. It is instant and also if you install an SSD drive, it is the sleep mode that is being suggested to be used with it.

In my case, S3 gives me black screen on wake up and with S0 I lose audio on wake up unless I use an audio headset etc. with an USB input!. Any ideas how to fix the latter one :thumbsup_anim:

Is it Wake=Yes OR ForceWake=Yes (or are those two separate things)?

OK, never mind; they are two different things.

@JBraddock

I added Wake=Yes in com.apple.Boot.plist but had no apparent affect. If you could upload your DSDT where mode 1 works, then NIXin and Taptun could take a look at it and probably figure out what's different and add that to our DSDT scripts and DSDT files.

Thanks for bringing all of this up, and just in the nick of time as I'm trying to wrap up the guides and get this release out already! :P

UPDATE

======

Just tested sleep mode 0 and looks like it's working fine, so all we have to fix is sleep mode 1

:D

Is it Wake=Yes OR ForceWake=Yes (or are those two separate things)?

OK, never mind; they are two different things.

@JBraddock

I added Wake=Yes in com.apple.Boot.plist but had no apparent affect. If you could upload your DSDT where mode 1 works, then NIXin and Taptun could take a look at it and probably figure out what's different and add that to our DSDT scripts and DSDT files.

Thanks for bringing all of this up, and just in the nick of time as I'm trying to wrap up the guides and get this release out already! :P

UPDATE

======

Just tested sleep mode 0 and looks like it's working fine, so all we have to fix is sleep mode 1

:thumbsup_anim:

I only use Wake=Yes. Here is my DSDT file. I wonder which usb port doesn't work? The one on the left near to the E-Sata? Below is also my boot.plist. Notice the usb related keys. Some keys are specific to AnVaL. You might ignore them.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,1)</string>
<key>EHCIacquire</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EnableC6State</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>FixFSB</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ForceHPET</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Rescan</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Rescan Prompt</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>SMBIOSdefaults</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Scan Single Drive</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>SnowKitty</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UpdateACPI</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseMemDetect</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Wait</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Wake</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>minVolt</key>
<string>850</string>
<key>oemAPIC</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>oemASFT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>oemDMAR</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>oemHPET</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>oemMCFG</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>FixTM</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

May I also ask NIXin and Taptun to look at my DSDT to see what might cause the black screen on wake up with S3. :D

Thank you.

Hey @JBraddock,

Try the following DSDT that we previously created for KiD KuN, who has a similar system to yours and let us know the results:

HP DV5t-1207TX Special Edition | Core2Duo 2.53GHz | nVidia GeForce GT 9600M w/ 512MB | 15.4" 1280 x 800 display | 4GB DDR2 RAM | 320GBHD |Win7 Pro x32| 10.6.2 with almost everything working just some quirks.

Synaptics Touchpad Version 6.5 | IDT Audio w/ (0x111D776B2) Device ID | Broadcom WLAN

DSDT_KiDKuN.zip

You will need to use this com.apple.Boot.plist

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

You will need to use Chameleon RC5 also, or it won't work.

Sweet! My DSDT also enabled me to have sleep working i think S3(which is default) mine shows black screen..then i open lid it wakes up..or i have to press power button. i also had usb,webcam working. also sound.

Sweet! My DSDT also enabled me to have sleep working i think S3(which is default) mine shows black screen..then i open lid it wakes up..or i have to press power button. i also had usb,webcam working. also sound.

@KiD KuN

Are you just trying your DSDT for the first time, or had you tried it before?

I only use Wake=Yes. Here is my DSDT file. I wonder which usb port doesn't work? The one on the left near to the E-Sata?

When I try using sleep mode 1, on wake ALL of my USB ports stop working, left side AND right side.

@KiD KuN, just to make sure.

Can you please run pmset -g | grep hibernate on terminal and see if it returns hibernatemode 3. If so, what do you mean "Mine shows black screen..."

Could please also use sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3 command to try different sleep modes.

Especially, 1 and also 0. Don't forget to uncheck Secure Virtual Memory under Security and put your machine into sleep after a restart.

Still, if you have sleep successfully working including audio, would you mind uploading your Extra folder and boot file your are using right now. Finally, if it is too much to ask for, can please share your ioreg dump as well.

I took a look at your DSDT and noticed a few difference compared to mine. I would like to examine further.

Thanks,

@ Mammoth, did you try adding those two usb related keys I'd shared above to your boot.plist alongside with Wake=Yes and then restart. After that put machine into sleep. Also, would you mind sending me your Extra folder and DSDT file. You can send me pm if your don't want to share it right now.

Thanks,

i'm pretty sure the popping sound can be fixed through DSDT, Finishing my 2 assignments within the next few weeks, so have 3 months off, Seeing as IDT is Intel chipset I cannot see it being a problem designing it to work, probably will require me to binpatch the AppleHDA from an older supported IDT to a newer, i'm pretty sure about the popping and DSDT, had popping on my Gigabyte UDR3, Core i7 setup but managed to fix the popping sound, i'm sure it won't be any different. Give me some time :D I've got my laptop up and running with 10.6.6, Sound and Video i will have to mess around, Might trying installing the seed of 10.6.7 to see if any updates regarding ATI mobility. Just waiting for support for madison chipset :(

Also runbning 6GB ram setup though have to force64 kernel, Webcam and Cardreader, Webcam works with AndyV's kext and Card reader works by default though for cosmetic reasons you can use AndyV's kext to make it show in profiler.

Sound can work with VoodooHDA but I have never favoured that project because it sends ports to the wrong ports, I like using Linux to create a graphical map then I can make my own audio layout so all ports work. Seeing as there is only 2 ports and one int mic for webcam, Should be easy.

i'm pretty sure the popping sound can be fixed through DSDT, Finishing my 2 assignments within the next few weeks, so have 3 months off, Seeing as IDT is Intel chipset I cannot see it being a problem designing it to work, probably will require me to binpatch the AppleHDA from an older supported IDT to a newer, i'm pretty sure about the popping and DSDT, had popping on my Gigabyte UDR3, Core i7 setup but managed to fix the popping sound, i'm sure it won't be any different. Give me some time ;) I've got my laptop up and running with 10.6.6, Sound and Video i will have to mess around, Might trying installing the seed of 10.6.7 to see if any updates regarding ATI mobility. Just waiting for support for madison chipset :D

Also runbning 6GB ram setup though have to force64 kernel, Webcam and Cardreader, Webcam works with AndyV's kext and Card reader works by default though for cosmetic reasons you can use AndyV's kext to make it show in profiler.

Sound can work with VoodooHDA but I have never favoured that project because it sends ports to the wrong ports, I like using Linux to create a graphical map then I can make my own audio layout so all ports work. Seeing as there is only 2 ports and one int mic for webcam, Should be easy.

dont forget the digital out, headphone & mic jack on the quick dock. being able to route to those would b awesome. i have a pair of studio monitors that i use the spdif on, and it would be nice to have multiple outs for some of my audio progz

I have tried Your boot to thumb drive, I-boot . MBCD iso, Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r747 (pkg) from Kexts.com,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=218768 guide

Guide from http://lifehacker.com/#!5351485/how-to...start-to-finish on how to build thumb drive boot and installing kexts give to use from Snow Leopard and Windows 7 Dual Boot on a HP DV7.

everthing will not boot or goes in to loop as per your thumb drive guide you have given

@KiD KuN, just to make sure.

Can you please run pmset -g | grep hibernate on terminal and see if it returns hibernatemode 3. If so, what do you mean "Mine shows black screen..."

Could please also use sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3 command to try different sleep modes.

Especially, 1 and also 0. Don't forget to uncheck Secure Virtual Memory under Security and put your machine into sleep after a restart.

Still, if you have sleep successfully working including audio, would you mind uploading your Extra folder and boot file your are using right now. Finally, if it is too much to ask for, can please share your ioreg dump as well.

I took a look at your DSDT and noticed a few difference compared to mine. I would like to examine further.

Thanks,

@ Mammoth, did you try adding those two usb related keys I'd shared above to your boot.plist alongside with Wake=Yes and then restart. After that put machine into sleep. Also, would you mind sending me your Extra folder and DSDT file. You can send me pm if your don't want to share it right now.

Thanks,

Hi JBraddock,

Sorry, been busy this weekend.

Ok, here is what I did:

I added the following to my DSDT:

<key>Wake</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EHCIacquire</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>USBBusFix</key>

<string>Yes</string>

I also have Secure Memory DISABLED (as is normal for my config)

I then made sure pmset was mode 1

I shut down and restarted twice.

Ok, here are the results:

- Every other start-up, the USB ports stop working. Strange.

- Sound always works (even when USB ports stop)

Before I entered mode 1 above, I did a restart (so I was still in mode 3), and I had the USB ports problem mentioned above, which means the USB settings caused that.

Just to test, I then removed:

<key>EHCIacquire</key>

<string>No</string>

No change. So the USBBusFix=Yes is causing the problems for me.

====================

So here is the thing; you and I have very different machines. So it isn't really good to compare the two. You and KiD KuN need to work to figure this out, then let the rest of us know. If you can figure it out soon, great, I can add that info to the version 2.00 guides to help others out with your machines.

---------------------------

On more thing: I noticed you have your machine set to run in only 32-bit mode - why? We all run full 64-bit mode here.

Hi JBraddock,

So here is the thing; you and I have very different machines. So it isn't really good to compare the two. You and KiD KuN need to work to figure this out, then let the rest of us know. If you can figure it out soon, great, I can add that info to the version 2.00 guides to help others out with your machines.

On more thing: I noticed you have your machine set to run in only 32-bit mode - why? We all run full 64-bit mode here.

Thank you for the trouble you endured.

I am running on 32 Bit. I don't know why, but I never thought that it would otherwise make any difference. I'll try 64 Bit.

Actually, I am not that obssed with S3 sleep, all I care is audio after sleep issue. I already have S0 sleep working, which is quite enough.

Please take a look at the following screenshot. I checked an ioreg from a Mac and it has this key but with correct values. I also checked a few ioreg dump found in the forum but they don't have that key. I don't know why I have it. Do you guys have PowerProfile. Could you please check it?

post-562417-1298248817_thumb.jpg

Also, today, I found a DSDT fix in Ubuntu Forum which addresses a bios bug that exists in most of the Hp laptops which appears when an operation system other than Vista and Windows 7 is used. Apparently, the problem causes overheating, abnormal fan noise etc.

I have been testing it for a few hours and I can confirm that in my case I started to hear less fan noise. I'll post it after I test it further.

I don't know if it is applicable to your machines though.