10.6.3 nVidia Blank Screen Issue with DVI/HDMI on 9800GT

athena

434 posts in this topic

great, are you using a completely vanilla system or 10.6.4 kexts etc ?

also please post your dsdt and display-cfg data if you dont mind

All vanilla since 10.6.0, running the latest nvidia drivers, even NVDANV50Hal.kext is unmodified, my 9800GTX+ device ID is already there.

I forgot that I'm not doing DSDT gfx0 injection anymore, I recently redid my DSDT and left that out.

Everything is still working (HDMI untested!), with just GraphicsEnabler=y and loading the video ROM as patched by NVEnabler. Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r651.

Hotplugging secondary display from Analog TV to DVI monitor doesn't work but the other way works. Weird.

I already talked about this in this thread several times before, the DSDT code below is probably already posted here. I know the patched ROM is.

Here's where I started (see attached gfx0.plist):

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&p=5825

The DSDT code I was using later looked like this:

Device (GFX0)
			{
				Name (_ADR, Zero)
				Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package (0x12)
						{
							"@0,compatible", 
							Buffer (0x0B)
							{
								"NVDA,NVMac"
							}, 

"@0,device_type", 
							Buffer (0x08)
							{
								"display"
							}, 

"@0,display-cfg", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"@0,name", 
							Buffer (0x0F)
							{
								"NVDA,Display-A"
							}, 

"@1,compatible", 
							Buffer (0x0B)
							{
								"NVDA,NVMac"
							}, 

"@1,device_type", 
							Buffer (0x08)
							{
								"display"
							}, 

"@1,display-cfg", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00, 0x01
							}, 

"@1,name", 
							Buffer (0x0F)
							{
								"NVDA,Display-B"
							}, 

"NVCAP", 
							Buffer (0x18)
							{
								/* 0000 */	0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 
								/* 0008 */	0x1C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0A, 
								/* 0010 */	0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							}
						}, Local0)
					MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}

IIRC the NVCAP was the one set for me by NVEnabler, which I pulled from ioreg along with the ROM.

MCDP is Master Chief's alternative to Method DTGP. It does the same thing, it's just a little shorter.

Hi guys,

it's nice to see that some vanilla installs seem to work even with HDMI, but this is not the problem. It seems the HDCP protocol mainly used by HDMI connections lead to the blank screen problem since 10.6.5. But for this problem there is no solution found so far, correct?

I'm really asking myself again and again what could it be that the nvidia driver is missing in the IOReg (or somewhere else) to activate HDMI+HDCP.

In my case on a vanilla 10.6.5 system it's no problem to boot when I connect a normal 17" LCD via DVI that doesn't know anything about HDCP. When connecting the 24" LCD which is capable of HDCP via DVI there is the blank screen again. The same when connecting it via a DVI-HDMI adapter with HDMI cable.

Until 10.6.4 simply injecting the 8800GT rom was sufficient to get everything working.

I already tried to install the fermi drivers because I somewhere read that they also support G92 cards, but without any success.

I would disable HDCP in my display if I could, but there is no option for this :-(

@idoc

Chameleon 2 RC4

on 10.6.4

BFGTech 9800 GT+ (OC) 512MB

EnableGraphics - Yes

UseNvidiaROM - Yes

VBIOS - Yes

(It's own extracted BIOS)

Optoma HD65 Detected and ready!

No phantom VGA

Your NVEnabler 64.kext

For the @#&$&%ing WIN!

(P.S. Even mirroring is working!)

I'm in trouble ;)

Take note: I'm using SL 10.6.5 with 10.6.4 pack created by uphuck.

I have extracted my rom with nvflash (of course under MS-DOS), renamed it in 10de_0611.ROM (product vendor_product id.rom) so I have edited my com.apple.Boot.plist.

And here it is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseNvidiaROM</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>VideoROM</key>
<string>/Extra/10de_0611.ROM</string>
<key>VBIOS</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
</dict>
</plist>

After this I rebooted SL and my graphics card seems working with "generic driver" (I can't change resolution and also QE/CI aren't working).

What can I do now?

EDIT: I have a little question... how can I find and remove all graphics strings in dsdt.aml? In DSDTSE I can find a lot of strings about "Device(GFX0)".. can I remove all of this strings and at least boot in safe mode without any risk?

Below is how i was able to correct the hdmi out issue with my PNY 9800gt EE 1024 Video Card. This video card has two dvi ports on the back.

My wish is that someone can help me enable audio over hdmi out (should i contact the voodoo team maybe?), and if someone is feeling generous to also hel me figure out this power management fix to cool my cpu. OC'ed my system runs at between 50 and 60 celsius and peaks at 78 with nullcpupowermanagement.kext. To avoid frying my board, I run it at defaults which is noticeably slower. any help would be awesome

My Build:

• asus p5k deluxe wifi ap running SL 10.6.4 64bit
  • q6660 Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz (OC'ed to 3.4)
  • 8gb Gskill DDR2 Ram 1066mhz (5, 5, 5, 15 timing, dram voltage 2.1)
  • pny 9800gt EE 1024mb (deviceid 0x0614. Vendor id 0x10de)
  • belkin F7D1101 usb wifi adapter agbn (using Wlan_11n_USB_(Intel)MacOS10.6_Driver_1075_UI_1.7.8 driver)
  • Booting with Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r653

Graphics Features Working:

• detect display is perfect
  • Dual dvi displays connected (two 24" dell lcds)
  • can hot swap second display (furthest from mobo) with 46" Panasonic Plasma using dvi to hdmi adapter>hdmi cable>plasma tv
  • all resolutions, OpenCL / QE / CI, rotation, and mirroring all working perfectly
  • Bought a license for SwitchResX which corrects overscan on plasma and remembers my layout/desktop settings for me in an easy manageable way.
  • airdisplay (for ipad and iphone) can successfully add additional display in either display scenario above (great for tracking my keyboard using the ipad to control the daw across the room)

Graphics/Mobo features not working:

• power management (need to figure out this dsdt business its very confusing)
  • audio from "mobo to 9800gt hdmi out" via "internal 2 to 3 pin spdif audio connector" (voodoohda gives me line out, microphone, headphones, spdif out rear. none enable audio through hdmi, please contact me if you know of a fix)
  • sleep (i don't particularly care about sleep, but would like to know best way to enable it whether dsdt, kext injection, or efi string of sorts. All other functionality comes before sleep)

note: only update left in software update is 10.6.5 which i will not run as it breaks 8800gt rom fix for graphics hdmi out) as of 12/15/2010

no dsdt edits (due to inexperience), using the following kexts in E/E

AHCIPortInjector.kext

EvOreboot.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Disabler.kext

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext

NVEnabler 64.kext

fakesmc.kext

I got the hdmi-video out to work by doing the following:

• injecting BigFish's 8800gt rom into chameleon via com.apple.boot.plist (shown below. last three keys are all necessary with my version of chameleon)
  • then injecting 8800gt vbios hex string, correct 8800gt @0/1display-cfg values, setting ioprobescore value to 0 (highest priority) in nvenabler64.kext info.plist.
  • placing pny 9800gt deviceid (0x061410de) into the info.plist of NVDANV50HAL.KEXT and NVDAResman.KEXT (add to key "IOPCIPrimaryMatch" removing all other values for that key. found in "IOKitPersonalities> NVidiaRM")
  • placing 8800gt rom into /extra and renaming it 10de_0614.rom (my cards vendorID_deviceID)

Key files and their mods listed below.

- All pertinent files have been attached to the bottom of this post.

com.apple.boot.plist com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

- i put mine in s/l/e for no particular reason. it only matters that chameleon knows to grab it there.

- the entries pertinent to getting the hdmi to work are the following:

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseNvidiaROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>VBIOS</key>

<string>Yes</string>

NVenabler64.kext (I modified iDoc's version) - NVEnabler_64.kext.zip

- I added correct @0,display-cfg and @1,display-cfg keys/values for macpro8800gt (shown below).

mac pro 8800GT :

@0,display-cfg = <03010000>

@1,display-cfg = <ffff0001>

The display-cfg values allow osx to map a display to a particular port on your graphics card. I wish i was able to decode the values because it isn't really clear to me what value relates to what type of port (hdmi, dvi, etc etc) at a glance. I would think this would be the key to solve issues with other types of 9800 cards with a dedicated hdmi connecter. There are values for several types of "real mac" graphics cards compiled by Krazubu. By specifying the correct value then, we achieve proper multi-display control. Credit to Krazubu and his incredible work.

- added hda-gf key with a value of onboard-1.

<key>hda-gfx</key>

<string>onboard-1</string>

i was hoping this would let the audio from the mobo get transferred through hdmi, since i connected the mobo and the graphics card with an internal 2 to 3 pin spdif audio connector. Anyone else get this to work???

- added "model" key with value "PNY GeForce 9800gt EE 1024mb".

<key>model</key>

<string>PNY GeForce 9800GT EE 1024</string>

This is purely cosmetic, anything you type in for the value will be shown in system profiler for the graphics card name.

- the correct vbios information (hex of the 8800gt vbios) was already included in idoc's version of nvenabler64. It's the super long value under the vbios key in the attached nvenabler64 info.plist. you will still need the actual vbios rom in your /extra folder.

(this is Bigfish's 8800gt.rom file. It has been renamed with my 9800's device/manufacturer id.)

General Process Notes:

kext utility was used to fix permisions, terminal used heavily in single user mode when i goofed up and had to manually edit my kexts/boot.plist using sudo nano...

Broad Explanation (to the best of my ability)

basically what is happening is chameleon is loading the 8800gt vbios, then nvenabler is basically detecting the vbios loaded by chameleon and allowing for further modifications of the display-cfg values. In order for nvenabler to use the 8800gt vbios properly, the 8800gt vbios is injected into the info.plist via hex string. This hex string allows NVenabler to correctly populate nvcap values automatically and makes time travel possible. ha. back to the future. anyway... I'm not a hundred percent on the reasoning behind why it works... i just know it irrefutably works when it hasn't worked using any other combination or kext.

Requests

If someone has my specific video card and has found an easier way, please post a reply.

If someone has figured out how to upgrade to 10.6.5 and simultaneously keep the hdmi out functionality, please post a reply.

If someone knows how to enable hdmi audio out from the mobo to the video card, please post a reply

all in all it took me a week to read through hundreds of posts and compile this information, and another week to test and get it running properly.

I am so grateful to the community for all the useful information, I am so in awe of the many great technical minds who continue to demystify/hack/inform/educate the rest of us normal peeps.

there are too many of you to mention so let me just say what a privilege it is to be able to learn from you all.

Sincerely,

MACandCHEESE

:(:D :D :D :D

I made some changes to my post to make it easier to follow. The correct display-cfg values are now listed. :-)

I'm not sure how to get the correct value for your graphics card as I don't know what it is. If it is a 9800, i believe you get the value from ioreg when running nvenabler. you'll have to look through this thread to find out, i think el_charlie mentions it early on.

have you tried just opening the rom file in a hex editor like 0xED (click here for download link). It's a freeware hex editor for mac.

As a test, I opened my 10de_0614.rom in 0xED and copied the hex dump into a text file named "8800gt rom hex dump"

then I copied the 8800gt vbios hex string that was in the NVenabler64 info.plist and pasted it into a second text file called "8800gt hex string found in nvenabler64".

the string in nvenabler64 was enclosed in a "<" and a ">". Why is that? I have no idea.

Also, the string in nvenabler64 had a space after every 8 characters. Why is that? Still no idea.

here is the interesting part: the vbios string in nvenabler is hardcore truncated. Starting at offset 378E.

the actual hex dump text file is 254kb

while the nvenabler string is 33kb, without spaces and <>, the file consists of 28,444 characters. (used word find and replace to remove spaces and get character count)

don't know if that helps you....

@anyone: out of curiosity, what hex tools are others using?

edit: i stumbled on this guide to the hexadecimal system and number addressing, but don't have the patience to read it at the moment... brain not designed for this much math related stuff...

So I got my 9800GT to work with DVI-HDMI cable (via 10de_614.rom), but I am wondering if anyone else has this 'issue'

I get 1080p fine over my VH236H Asus montior, but in addtion, a VGA monitor is also 'detected', and thus I have 2 screens running, and I can loose my mouse in it occasionally. :rolleyes:

Anyone else with this problem?

Hi there,

total noob here, (first build) i was wondering if you could post a step by step of how you did this with links to files to download. I would be very grateful. Thank you.

and if someone is feeling generous to also hel me figure out this power management fix to cool my cpu. OC'ed my system runs at between 50 and 60 celsius and peaks at 78 with nullcpupowermanagement.kext. To avoid frying my board, I run it at defaults which is noticeably slower. any help would be awesome

no dsdt edits (due to inexperience),

Have you tried this dsdt fix from MaLDOn?

If someone has my specific video card and has found an easier way, please post a reply.

The 9800gt is almost the same as the 8800gt

I have a 8800gt,, all I had to do was place the renamed 8800gt rom file in Extra and add the few keys to the boot p.list. I have a vanilla install with just one FakeSMC kext in the Cham volume and a dsdt.ami in extras. Thats all, to get hdmi function up to 10.6.4. The only glitch is no wake up from sleep.

I have updated it to 10.6.5 and only use dvi now as I have another build with a Zotac 9600, where I have monitor connected to the rgb output and tv hdmi to the dvi output and everything functions under 10.6.5

For now I accept that limit to the 8800gt. I would probably buy another card rather than go through hoola hoops with every OS update. Probably would go for the GTS 450, but I have not a good enough excuse to do so yet.

q6660 Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz (OC'ed to 3.4)

8gb Gskill DDR2 Ram 1066mhz (5, 5, 5, 15 timing, dram voltage 2.1)

That alone should have the fans running hyper.

and if someone is feeling generous to also hel me figure out this power management fix to cool my cpu. OC'ed my system runs at between 50 and 60 celsius and peaks at 78 with nullcpupowermanagement.kext. To avoid frying my board, I run it at defaults which is noticeably slower. any help would be awesome

I can´t remember which it is, either the recent dsdt.ami or the fakeSMC.kext, has the power management fix incorporated, AFAIA, you should not have to use the nullcpupowermanagement.kext.

Hi there,

total noob here, (first build) i was wondering if you could post a step by step of how you did this with links to files to download. I would be very grateful. Thank you.

scroll up a few posts to Post #366 and you'll see the step by step i threw together.

Basically, if you are running 10.6.4 you will be able to get your 9800gt working with both dvi ports (mirroring, dual display, HDMI (via a dvi to hdmi adapter), and hot plugging (i.e.: connecting/disconnecting displays as often as you like and having osx detect them properly with no freezing or ghost screens)

without knowing more about your setup, i can't offer any advice. I suggest you read through the thread and familiarize yourself with some of the terms and basic actions (like adding removing kexts via kext utility). If you have a specific problem running through the steps, please post specific details such as steps taken, exact errors received, screen shots or jpg's of the any specific errors, and most importantly kexts used/distro?/your hardware/device ids for your setup, etc etc.

Being quite noobish myself (trying to fix that on the daily), I learned the hard way that every system, no matter how similar, can have vastly different results if there is even the slightest variation in any of the specifics i mentioned in the last sentence. the only way the forum can help is if 1) you educate yourself as much as possible regarding the basic stuff (genius bar in the forums), 2) take the time to read through the thread, and 3) be as specific as possible with your issue.

@ macandcheese

i am running the same card as you i have it fully supported in 10.6.5. I would also like a way to enable audio thorough the dvi 2 hdmi. the other issue that i have a phantom vga display that always shows up.

Hola amigo. I unfortunately have no good news to report on that front. For people who have an audio processor in their video card (read: not the 9800gt), they have been able to get audio over hdmi.

Here is what i know so far about the issue:

Only until recently has apple enabled audio over hdmi in products like the new mac mini v2. This means its possible, but my guess is it must be a limitation with the audio driver that we, as 9800 gt owners, are using.

In my case, I have a p5k deluxe running bios 1005 with onboard hd audio enabled in the bios and on the osx side via voodoohda.kext version 2.2.

VoodooHDA, without any modifications, gets the green eighth inch line out port working on the back of my mobo, so i can route audio to my plasma tv via a really long eighth inch audio cable. (luckily my panasonic lets me select any audio input available on the tv regardless of the video input being used). The video signal is carried via hdmi from my secondary dvi port on my 9800 card (port furthest from mobo, not that it matters really). Anyway, this is my workaround for not having audio over hdmi.

From what I've read, very smart frikkin people like KING and SLICE have continued to work on the voodooHDA project and discovered a way to map the audio ports properly (they refer to it as the pin config). Via this pin config, I believe people have been able to get 5.1 audio by having all the ports detected properly. I'm not sure though, I still have a lot of reading to get through on their thread, found here at projectOSX.

Aside from the driver being configured properly, you would also need to have a audio connector from your mobo's internal spdif out to the spdif in of the 9800gt. Info on what this connector looks like and how to make your own connector cable can be found here:

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/441176-gui...sound-over.html

I have this cable and digital audio over hdmi works in windows 7, but again its gotta be a driver limitation in osx. Whether the answer is a specialized audio dsdt fix that can enable the internal spdif out, or instead configuring the voodoohda driver more precisely I don't know. I'm still researching. I don't know if there is a pin config that includes the internal spdif connector. If there was, I am damn sure it would solve the problem. If slice or king are reading this, please drop me a line. :-)

there is a "get dump" utility that comes with voodooHDA, that I have yet to try. Getting around to it, still reading up.

Honestly, I've made a lot of strides understanding the inner working of osx but i still have such a long way to go. It's difficult finding a balance between using my hackintosh in a functional way for actual work, and tweaking my hackintosh thereby dedicating weeks into solving these problems (and by solving I mean researching countless forums and threads, praying i come across some mod or hack that someone far more technical than I has found/created/decided to share with the rest of us daft schleps). Being the nerd I am, I tend to go with the latter, but I get myself into trouble by not getting my other work done. At this point, my hackintosh does everything i need it to do, it's just these last few tweaks that I can't seem to just let go of... like the mobo temp (i have decided to forego powermanagement altogether, I need every ounce of processor power for the audio/video work i do, and instead am looking into water cooling to keep my temps down. I've managed to enable native apple power management via the new rev of chameleon but found that the performance became lacking bigtime with little real temp benefit. Aside from that, the audio over hdmi is my last hurdle) OK, that's the end of my sob story. lol.

that's all i know so far.

Good luck, and don't forget to share if you find it before i do. :-D

@ macandcheese

i am running the same card as you i have it fully supported in 10.6.5. I would also like a way to enable audio thorough the dvi 2 hdmi. the other issue that i have a phantom vga display that always shows up.

you need to be more specific with the "fully supported" in 10.6.5 comment

can you indicate which of the following you can successfully do with your setup?

- mirroring

- dual displays non mirrored

- all resolutions fully accelerated

- hot swappable

- hdmi out (via dvi to hdmi adapter as the 9800gt ee only has two dvi ports)

Can you tell me what exactly your setup is? Be sure to include manufacturer and device id's of your card and how you went about enabling this functionality in 10.6.5 whether Kexts, bootloader string, efi injection or what.

From everything i have read and tried myself, THE ONLY way to get hdmi out on the 9800gt with mirroring/dual display/and hot swapping is using the bigfish mac 8800 rom following the steps i described in my earlier post. That rom functionality is broken with 10.6.5. I know this from personal experience and it's been confirmed by several people in this same thread.

If you have found a way you GOTTA tell me. :-)

seriously though, if you did that's awesome, but my gut says you don't have all the functionality I mentioned.

screenshots would rule. :-)

Hi guys, hope someone can help with my problem.

I have zotac gts 250 1 gb card and I have problems getting DVI to work properly. (vga works fine)

I can get it to work (and I believe that 3d acceleration is working fine - when I add new gadget to desktop I get nice ripple effect)

but only when I boot from cameleon rc5 boot loader with "-v -f"...

If I boot normally I get a blank screen.

Do you have any advice on this ?

Im using iatkos s3 v2 updated to 10.6.5 via software update, g31m-esl2, e3300 @ 4.25 ghz :unsure: 1tb wd and 2 gb of ram.

Please ramble on, any advice is appreciated.

Hi guys, hope someone can help with my problem.

I have zotac gts 250 1 gb card and I have problems getting DVI to work properly. (vga works fine)

I can get it to work (and I believe that 3d acceleration is working fine - when I add new gadget to desktop I get nice ripple effect)

but only when I boot from cameleon rc5 boot loader with "-v -f"...

If I boot normally I get a blank screen.

Do you have any advice on this ?

Im using iatkos s3 v2 updated to 10.6.5 via software update, g31m-esl2, e3300 @ 4.25 ghz :thumbsup_anim: 1tb wd and 2 gb of ram.

Please ramble on, any advice is appreciated.

You might try a thread dedicated to gts 250. I can't help you.

You might try a thread dedicated to gts 250. I can't help you.

Nope, HDMI will not work on this card since the newer updates. ( just accept it )

I've been searching for it days a night, the only thing you find is yourself becoming insane and wasting a lot of time.

Nope, HDMI will not work on this card since the newer updates. ( just accept it )

I've been searching for it days a night, the only thing you find is yourself becoming insane and wasting a lot of time.

Well I'm interested in DVI, I do have DVI working in verbose mode,

I'm just interested how to get it to work without typing "-v -f " all the time...

OKAY.

I finally fixed the issue, and was able to get back to having dual displays on my 9800GT, one with DVI-->HDMI, and one with VGA. I have attached the files that I used, just move all of the Extensions to /S/L/E/, and the Framework to /S/L/Frameworks. Also enclosed is my Extra folder so that you can see how the com.apple.Boot.plist file is to be setup. Enjoy!

-Nick

http://rapidshare.com/files/431696510/DualDisplay9800GT.zip

Thanks a lot!!! But I corrected a little your solution (delete ROM and add NVEnabler)

Now I have works well DVI + DVI-HDMI (9800GT 512Mb) monitor+TV

resultzw.th.png

1 Step:

Place OpenGL.framework in /S/L/Frameworks/

2 Step:

Place GeForce.kext, GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle, GeForceGA.plugin, GeForceGLDriver.bundle, GeForceVADriver.bundle, NVDANV40Hal.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext in S/L/E/

3 Step

Repair permission with Disk Utility

4 Step

install NVEnabler.kext with Kext helper.

5 Step

correct com.apple.boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

IMPORTANT! There are should be NVEnabler string while mac os loading in Verbose mode.

Files: 9800GT_10.6.5_sstyle.zip - 38.00MB

I found bug (( I see the lags I open the program list by clicking on dock icon. And video doesnt work - I get black screen in VLC...

Hi all.

After upgrading from 10.6.2 to 10.6.5 (later to 10.6.6) finally, after much experimentation I managed to get to work a second monitor (42 "TV) connected via DVI-HDMI adapter to Elitegroup GeForce 250GT with two DVI

To this end, it took me:

Latest CUDA 3.2.17 driver (though I do not know why)

From 10.6.2, I took the OpenGL.framework and OpenSL.framework placed in /S/L/Frameworks/

From 10.6.1, I took GeForce.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext and placed in /S/L/E

Versions of all the kext in /S/L/E are CFBundleShortVersionString ver. 1.6.2, CFBundleVersion ver. 6.0.2

I also used a custom DSDT for my MB P5K-VM, Sound and Video Card + Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r698 + GraphicsEnabler = Yes in /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist

I don't use NVEnabler.kext.

As a result, operating fully worked QE/QI, change resolutions, worked VLC, etc...

P.S. Sorry for my bad English

20110112173429.png

Hi all.

From 10.6.2, I took the OpenGL.framework and OpenSL.framework placed in /S/L/Frameworks/

From 10.6.1, I took GeForce.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext and placed in /S/L/E

Versions of all the kext in /S/L/E are CFBundleShortVersionString ver. 1.6.2, CFBundleVersion ver. 6.0.2

please upload the above files i like try whit my 9800 gt

i find in 10.6.2 combo the OpenGL.framework but OpenSL.framework not exist

please upload the above files i like try whit my 9800 gt

i find in 10.6.2 combo the OpenGL.framework but OpenSL.framework not exist

yes i'm interested to see your results. i think much earlier in the thread someone had similar success using the 10.6.1 frameworks, but ultimately it didn't work with the 9800 for some reason. fingers crossed.

in theory it should work, people only started having this problem with 10.6.3 or 4 i think. replacing the frameworks is essentially downgrading the drivers to the versions with no issues. as far as I'm concerned though, the app store doesn't warrant the headache. i' happy at 10.6.4 with full 9800 functionality.