Windows + VirtualBox = MAC OS

886 posts in this topic

I tried every possible combination of configuration for my network ;) I mostly experimented with this:

Thanks again for the resolution hack, it works perfectly XD

Ure net settings looks right, did u tried pinging the host and the router? do they answer to the ping? Can u ping the guest from the host? does it answer?

Thanks again for the resolution hack, it works perfectly XD

Ure net settings looks right, did u tried pinging the host and the router? do they answer to the ping? Can u ping the guest from the host? does it answer?

I can ping the guest, and from the guest I can ping my host network adapter.

The problem is I cannot ping the router, I cannot access the router any way from the virtual machine... Don't know why...

Really awesome and well done. Thanks Black Trinitron.

I am not skill enough to do the below things anyone could help

1. Anyone can help to post the network patch for winX64?

2. Anyone could help develop boot132 method to install snow leopard directly?

I managed to install Snow Leo and followed instructions closely.

I CAN'T boot it -.-

Stuck at:

Nevermind this post, my VB messed up something.

It's up now :( yey! Snow Leopard! :)

Ethernet working perfectly with the cable trick + mac address change, using only DHCP and nothing else needed.

I will try to update now using the instructions provided by brjones, I will post once I'm finished.

Cheers!

Hi !

Its me again !

I setup virtualbox 3.1.2 with iDeneb 1.5.1 on all my computer :

Computer 1 : Intel C2D E, 4gb ram, Nvidia, Windows Seven 64bit

Work great

But on my other computer, nothing work and sometime I got "CPU Halted..." and the VB Windows crash...

Computer 2 : AMD Athlon Dual Core, 2gb ram, ATI Radeon, Windows XP 32bit

Laptop 1 : Intel C2D P, 4gb ram, ATI Mobility, Windows Seven 64bit

Laptop 2 : Intel Pentium D, 2gb ram, Nvidia, Windows Seven 32bit

Here my guest configuration

I don't know what i'm doing wrong =s

Hope you can tell me why :)

Thanks. Snow Leopard works great on my Windows 7 now. :)

But I still have a little issues about iPhone. My iPhone has been connected through USB, and I have mounted it through Virtualbox. But it didn't work in my Snow Leopard in VirtualBox. It means I cannot see it in iTunes.

Any idea? (it works on iTunes on Windows 7 as the host OS).

Im having problems booting iAtkos v7 after installing on VirtualBox. I only want to have Leopard installed so I follow the first part of guide and installed as default. When it comes to boot up the chameleon loads and I can add in flags like -v. When booting I see the first screen with loads of kext? packs loading and then after that the screen goes blank and the HDD activity stops.

Computer Specs:

AMD Athlon II 235e

DKA790GX

2GB Ram

500 Sata

On Board Graphics (Ati 3300)

I have got this distro/OSX86 version working in vmware on a laptop but want to move to my media centre.

EDIT: I got it going now on Vmware. It fail to load the one of the laptop so i tried a fresh install and that failed. I must have missed something because it is working now :huh:.

Hi !

Did you install a patched Kernel ? If not, its probably your problem because you have a AMD processor...

Normally,you can install without reinstall all the system,juste unselect "essential file system" and select kernel for AMD like Qoopzt

Hope I help you :D

Wackou

Hi,

I have found method to run Ideneb 1.6 on VB 3.1.4 (without any patch) on my DELL Laptop (after bios parameter changes)

Installation process is OK but after reboot, no mouse and no keyboard on OSX (a screen "BEFORE YOU BEGIN" appears with keyboard pic and message "Ther isn't keyboard connected etc ...."

Do you have any idea or method to make keyboard and mouse "ON" ?

Thanks by advance for your help.

Movitch.

Guys, I'm on Ubuntu 9.10 karmic. I'm using VB 3.1.4 (current version available for download). I was able to install iDeneb 1.6 10.5.8. But when I installed it for the first time, I got a KP (something about a commpage no match for last). Then I reinstalled the system by selecting all kernels, all drivers, all fixes etc... (i didn't see those options when I installed the first time). Now, atleast the system boots without a KP but I come to a screen which says "Before you begin, plugin a keyboard). The mouse doesn't work either! I'm attaching a screenshot. Please take a look and let me know. I think someone here installed ApplePS2 kext. I am not sure as to how I can install it. I am also not sure how can I get it on to the OSX Virtual HDD to install it.

post-574382-1266255065_thumb.png

Guys, I'm on Ubuntu 9.10 karmic. I'm using VB 3.1.4 (current version available for download). I was able to install iDeneb 1.6 10.5.8. But when I installed it for the first time, I got a KP (something about a commpage no match for last). Then I reinstalled the system by selecting all kernels, all drivers, all fixes etc... (i didn't see those options when I installed the first time). Now, atleast the system boots without a KP but I come to a screen which says "Before you begin, plugin a keyboard). The mouse doesn't work either! I'm attaching a screenshot. Please take a look and let me know. I think someone here installed ApplePS2 kext. I am not sure as to how I can install it. I am also not sure how can I get it on to the OSX Virtual HDD to install it.

Once again:

Install PS/2 patch.

Drovani, thanks for your reply. But I'm not sure how to install the PS/2 patch. Could you let me know step by step how to add it?

Edit: I figured out I had to reinstall and click "customize" and check the ApplePS2 Old option. That said, now I get a KP. Heres a screenshot. How do I work around it?

post-574382-1266266933_thumb.png

Drovani, thanks for your reply. But I'm not sure how to install the PS/2 patch. Could you let me know step by step how to add it?

Edit: I figured out I had to reinstall and click "customize" and check the ApplePS2 Old option. That said, now I get a KP. Heres a screenshot. How do I work around it?

You need to select one patched kernel (by default it selects none which uses sse3)

I have added patches to run SnowLeo inside 3.1.4 version of VB of Windows.

You can download it from post 1

After updating with the new x86 libraries (VBM.zip) an existing Windows 7 guest OS failed with an incorrect version of the VMMR0.ro file error? I am using VB 3.1.4_Beta2 r57282...