Windows + VirtualBox = MAC OS

886 posts in this topic

UPDATED

Excellent step-by-step tutorial installing Leopard and Snow Leopard by Wing, well done!

takwing.idv.hk/tech/index.php

Before asking if this works for other OS...YES it does, read previous posts

I have tried installing Leopard using that tutorial, but I get stuck at the "How to connect?" step.

I select "Local network (Ethernet)" as the tutorial say, but then the os does nothing. I've waited, and waited, but nothing...

Sorry. My mistake. You can patch the files according to the instruction. Seems like you tried to apply patch to x64 version. You need to replace 8B C6 B9 08 00 00 00 -> 8B C6 B9 08 02 00 00 in the x64 version of VBoxVMM.dll.

You can download patches from first post.

Waiting VB 3.2...

Your patch works so nicely!! I can now boot up my SL VM under VB3.1.6.

Thx!

I have tried installing Leopard using that tutorial, but I get stuck at the "How to connect?" step.

I select "Local network (Ethernet)" as the tutorial say, but then the os does nothing. I've waited, and waited, but nothing...

where exactly are you at now?

(as in http://www.takwing.idv.hk/tech/virutal_leo...10_network.html )

Wing

In Snow Leo with x64 Win7 and 3.1.4 Patched i have no internet (neither with ifconfig en0 ether 08:00:xx:xx:xx:xx)) but only local network is there any solution available?

Does the following info help?

http://www.takwing.idv.hk/tech/virutal_leo...10_network.html

I'm right at the start of page 9 ( http://www.takwing.idv.hk/tech/virutal_leo.../page9_kbd.html ) at at "Configuring Leopard for the First Time Boot Up" :

"In the "How Do You Connect?" screen, select "Local network (Ethernet)" at this moment. We need to further patch the VM's xml file before getting the network works.".

I'm selecting "Local network (Ethernet)", then I press Continue, and on the next screen :

post-594270-1269727335_thumb.png

I've just pressed once again Continue. Should I insert something there? I've tried inserting some IPs, but again the mouse cursor was "busy" and nothing happend next. I've waited more than half hour. It just doesn't pass that step.

Network settings:

post-594270-1269727544_thumb.png

I have tried with all those 3 "Intel Pro" adapter types.

(I'm sorry for my bad English language).

I'm right at the start of page 9 ( http://www.takwing.idv.hk/tech/virutal_leo.../page9_kbd.html ) at at "Configuring Leopard for the First Time Boot Up" :

I'm selecting "Local network (Ethernet)", then I press Continue, and on the next screen :

post-594270-1269727335_thumb.png

I've just pressed once again Continue. Should I insert something there? I've tried inserting some IPs, but again the mouse cursor was "busy" and nothing happend next. I've waited more than half hour. It just doesn't pass that step.

Network settings:

post-594270-1269727544_thumb.png

I have tried with all those 3 "Intel Pro" adapter types.

(I'm sorry for my bad English language).

at that moment, simply use the default and continue....

don't expect network will work at that stage.... you need to go on and patch your VM's xml file, which is stated in my tutorial (see "next" page).

Stick with what I state in the tutorial first (this is my recommendation...), changing your network card should not work.... as what I stated is the values/settings that works for many people (and I think if you change something, we need to do 'other' changes.. which non-expert llike us, don't know how to fix it).

Is it true that your mouse / kbd hang?

mm,,, hope this IMG help you helping me...

kext.png

How to delete the space from path, do you mean "Macintosh\ HD" ? :unsure:

Can I rename the disk or I have to start from the beginning ?? :rolleyes:

Seems like you don't have any kexts in Extra/Extensions

+I advise to delete space from path

Is it true that your mouse / kbd hang?

The mouse can still be moved, but it has a the "busy" cursor, instead of the arrow.

WaitCursor-300p.gif

Now it's working. I've used Ideneb instead of what was used in that tutorial.

The mouse can still be moved, but it has a the "busy" cursor, instead of the arrow.

WaitCursor-300p.gif

Now it's working. I've used Ideneb instead of what was used in that tutorial.

What version of Idenbe you are using? iDeneb_v1.5.1_OSX86_v10.5.7? iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5? At first, I tried to setup Leopard by using iDeneb also. However, that does not work for me.

How do you find the steps when using iDenbeb? What are the difference when compared to the setup by using what was used in that tutorial?

I've used iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 . The tutorial is good for iDeneb too. The steps are the same. The only difference is on page 7: I didn't had to install any kernel. Just the keyboard driver.

The settings I used are the same like in your tutorial.

Now I've tried to install Snow Leopard using your tutorial, I've installed it step-by-step, but when I start the Snow VM and I press enter to boot, it load a grey image with an apple on it , but it doesn't go further, in Welcome screen.

I will start again, maybe I've done something wrong.

I've used iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 . The tutorial is good for iDeneb too. The steps are the same. The only difference is on page 7: I didn't had to install any kernel. Just the keyboard driver.

The settings I used are the same like in your tutorial.

Now I've tried to install Snow Leopard using your tutorial, I've installed it step-by-step, but when I start the Snow VM and I press enter to boot, it load a grey image with an apple on it , but it doesn't go further, in Welcome screen.

I will start again, maybe I've done something wrong.

are you using 1 cpu for your SL VM?

have you unmounted the SL installation DVD when booting up the VM?

Try using the -v option and see what is the error msg.

are you using 1 cpu for your SL VM?

have you unmounted the SL installation DVD when booting up the VM?

Try using the -v option and see what is the error msg.

1) Yes, only one CPU.

2) I don't have it mounted.

3) Now I'm reinstalling, if still doesn't work i'll use the -v option. I'll let you know how it works.

Edit:

I've tried with -v option. Results:

Loaded HFS+ file: [System/Library/Extensions/TMSafetyNet.kext/Contents/MacOS/TMSafetyNet] 9364 bytes from 4239560.
efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata
Patched DMI Table
No DSDT replacement found. Leaving ACPI data as is
Starting Darwin x86

And then noting - a black screen!

1) Yes, only one CPU.

2) I don't have it mounted.

3) Now I'm reinstalling, if still doesn't work i'll use the -v option. I'll let you know how it works.

Edit:

I've tried with -v option. Results:

Loaded HFS+ file: [System/Library/Extensions/TMSafetyNet.kext/Contents/MacOS/TMSafetyNet] 9364 bytes from 4239560.
efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata
Patched DMI Table
No DSDT replacement found. Leaving ACPI data as is
Starting Darwin x86

And then noting - a black screen!

try

-v cpus=1

i had the same black screen until i add cpus=1, for some reason the osx iso wasn't reading the 1 cpu setting from vb

try

-v cpus=1

i had the same black screen until i add cpus=1, for some reason the osx iso wasn't reading the 1 cpu setting from vb

Good. The black screen is gone.

But MAX OS still won't go to Welcome Page!

If i use the -v cpus=1 option , I get the same errors, but no blank screen.

If i don't use the -v option, it just show me this screen and do nothing.

post-594270-1269848116_thumb.png

I still can't get in.