Windows + VirtualBox = MAC OS

886 posts in this topic

Do you know which is the latest AppleAC97Audio.kext existent for leopard 10.5.8 ? (And where it's the dowload :rolleyes: )

Seems like latest is here http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsvga2/files/

+source codes

The VBVMMDevice it's for mouse integration from VB guest and Host desktop ??? :blink:

Yes. You don't need to release mouse by press right control

Did anyone compile the VB for 64bit version of Windows yet?

If you can upload the updated DLL files for APIC 0x14 and SSSE3, that would be great.

Thanks

Can you please attach files VBoxDD2.dll, VBoxVMM.dll, VBoxDD2GC.gc, VBoxDD2R0.r0 from VB x64?

thanks we will test them

EDIT:

i still get...

Result Code:

E_FAIL (0x80004005)

Component:

Console

Interface:

IConsole {6375231a-c17c-464b-92cb-ae9e128d71c3}

with DD2 what can i do?

Seems like latest is here http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsvga2/files/

+source codes

Yes. You don't need to release mouse by press right control

Can you please attach files VBoxDD2.dll, VBoxVMM.dll, VBoxDD2GC.gc, VBoxDD2R0.r0 from VB x64?

I attach all files you needed. Hope this helpful.

I got the problems when I running VB on Win7 X64 after use the dlls in that VBM zip file, it says "Application can not be start normally(0xc000007b). Click OK to close application." After renamed several times, seems "VBoxVMM.dll" made this.

dlls.zip

Try next VBx64.zip

Yes! I've followed every single instruction you wrote on the first page, and got stuck until the file patch requirement. Now that I've replaced them with patched *.dll files you posted, Snow Leopard 10.6 is booting up without any issues. Audio worked right out of the box but network isn't working.

I am using Windows 7 x64.

Is it possible for you to post 64bit version (windows) of VBoxDD3* for the network? That would be awesome.

Thanks again for the fantastic job!

EDIT: I do get some kind of sound, but it is definitely garbled/chopping off/etc.

how did you manage to install snow leo i have the same specs and i keep getting a black screen after the installation when the system boot sup!

Did you install Leo first and install Snow Leo "within" Leo?

I have Core i5, 4G RAM, Windows 7 x64, if it matters.

Hope this helps.

Status Update:

Mouse Integration: VBVMMDevice.kext is working beautifully

Sound: Still Choppy, but at least it plays something, like ding, glass, etc.

Networking: (Intel 8254 adapter) without VBoxDD3.dll

1. Looked up the MAC value from "VB NetworkIcon->Network Adapters->Advanced->Mac Address" and wrote it down.

2. On Snow Leopard, I manually updated the device by typing "sudo ifconfig en0 ether MAC_ADDRESS" in terminal where MAC_ADDRESS is the value I got from above. I am sure this can be scripted/automated. Then disconnected cable (from VB Network Icon) and reconnected. This initialized the card and grabbed an IP from DHCP server.

MAC value was initially all zeros. I wonder if there's a fix for this.

Status Update:

Mouse Integration: VBVMMDevice.kext is working beautifully

Thx!

Sound: Still Choppy, but at least it plays something, like ding, glass, etc.

Yes. I have too. Seems like VB emualtion of sound using only software emulation.

Networking: (Intel 8254 adapter) without VBoxDD3.dll

1. Looked up the MAC value from "VB NetworkIcon->Network Adapters->Advanced->Mac Address" and wrote it down.

2. On Snow Leopard, I manually updated the device by typing "sudo ifconfig en0 ether MAC_ADDRESS" in terminal where MAC_ADDRESS is the value I got from above. I am sure this can be scripted/automated. Then disconnected cable (from VB Network Icon) and reconnected. This initialized the card and grabbed an IP from DHCP server.

MAC value was initially all zeros. I wonder if there's a fix for this.

Fix of network DevE1000.rar. I hope someone will compile it for x64...

Wow! Great work. Thanks Black Trinitron and everyone else. Thanks to the VBox people too.

My system is Windows 7 64-bit on a Dell Studio 17. I found that I couldnt get Leo to install without the updated 64-bit files. Then I had to play with Leo to get it to see the CD drive due to some ATA/SATA issues. I think I reinstalled Leo (iDeneb 1.3) about 6 times before it worked right and I dont even remember what options I selected.

I then installed Snow according to Black Trinitrons instructions. Well except for one thing - I chose to install everything. That was the last time I didnt follow the instructions to the letter. If I remember correctly the HP printer drivers caused the install to fail. I reinstalled - rebooted and was shocked Snow booted. I then created snapshot of snow, played around with networking till I found mrwrx instructions on how to get the network to work.

I also had no luck with the software update. The software downloaded and was in the process of installling the update when I got a Kernel Panic. The update destroyed the install so I needed to go back to my last snapshot.

I downloaded the VBox code source and noticed that Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 are the only supported versions. Last week I removed 2005 and installed 2008, but if someone else doesnt build the corrected network driver then I will remove 2008 and install 2005.

So I went through all this, now I dont know what I will do with Snow Leopard... It was fun anyway!

I also had no luck with the software update. The software downloaded and was in the process of installling the update when I got a Kernel Panic. The update destroyed the install so I needed to go back to my last snapshot.

I think you need to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from System/Library/Extensions after update, then rebuild kext cache

Hi guys, ive been following this (and a couple of other) posts and ims stuck.

Rundown:

VBox 3.1.2, Win 7 x64, ideneb 1.5.1 (leo 10.5.7.iso)

Successfully installed leo, but cant find how you guys got passed

"Starting Darwin x86" (verbose boot)

Note: Was I supposed to perform a custom leo install??

Also tried with and without the dll patches.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can you give us a step-by-step instruction on this ?

I've tried so many images, none of them working.

Currently using VBox 3.1.2 on F11.

Thanks and Regards.

I'm in Fedora 12 on AMD platform.

I downloaded source code, patched ACPI config to 14, compiled VirtualBox, installed, created MacOsX machine and at least I see now nice iDeneb 1.6 installation process.

For now it works like a charm.

UPDATE.

iDeneb 1.6 installed successfully.

No sound and networking for now.

Glxgears - 110 fps. lol