Windows + VirtualBox = MAC OS

886 posts in this topic

you will do this by mounting the partition in Leo...

Remember to rebuild the kext cache with the commands shown in the first post.

I have the same config an its working fine :happymac:

I'm running Windows 7 x64, Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 processor, Asus P5QC MB. I can't get Leo to get past the first loading screen when I boot the iso. I've got iPC 10.5.6. I've got it set up exactly how it should be, but it takes me to the first apple screen and it just shows that it's loading and doesn't quit. Here's the verbose mode screenshot:

screenshot.png

The USBF Errors are gone now, but it still doesn't boot. Now I've got an SATA warning. I switched to ATA and I still get it.

Ok. I switched to SCSI and that solved those issues. But now I have an ACPI issue. From what I've read, I need new boot kexts. How can I get my hands on those? The only link I've found so far doesn't work. I think I need AppleAPIC.kext and AppleMPIC.kext.

Everything works like a charm in Snow!!! THank you all!!! One last thing with the network in x64 if somebody can please post VMMDD3.dll

thank you!

You mentioned in your earlier post that you get a black screen after booting up SL. I am having the same problem. Just wondering how did you fix that problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

i use 3.1.4 with win7x64 and for some reason i can only see my other computer and not internet...

What i mean is that i have local network but not internet even when i try to ping an internet IP...

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

what does this extraDataItem key do?

<ExtraDataItem name="VBoxInternal2/SupportExtHwProfile" value="on"/>

When I add it, as soon as I launch the virtual machine, it gets removed. and then I seemed to be stuck at the apple screen with the rotation loading glyph forever. 

first of all, Thanks everyone for this GREAT job!

I followed the procedure as described, by installing Leo first. I went with iDeneb 1.6 and succeeded to install. but when it's time to reboot, Chameleon keeps failing to boot and stays on "Starting Darwin x86" and I have to boot using the install CD (pressing F8, then rd=disk0s2... etc), Leo has the network problem, i can get around by manually setting the MAC address ($> ifconfig en0 ether 08:00:xx:xx:xx:xx) and there's no sound... doesn't matter since I plan to go to Snow...

I installed Snow Leo as described (target mode), with the 10.6.2 Combo DVD onto my 2nd SATA VBOX drive, then detached it and created new vm for Snow, but again, I can't get it to boot using Chameleon v2.0 RC4, and this time I can't boot neither from iDeneb CD, nor from OSX install... still stopping at "Starting Darwin x86_64"

I'm using a i7 920 cpu on ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 mobo, Windows 7 x64 & Virtualbox 3.1.4 PE with patched files & VM's

can someone help me? thx in advance

In Snow Leo with x64 Win7 and 3.1.4 Patched i have no internet (neither with ifconfig en0 ether 08:00:xx:xx:xx:xx)) but only local network is there any solution available?

Speed up your Snow Leopard on Virtualbox

1-Back up your VDI

2- Download myHack Installer 1.0 FINAL by Conti from osx86.sojugarden.com

3-Custom install as shown, consider tick "Chocolate Kernel" if your CPU needs so

post-532657-1268674984_thumb.jpg

You should feel faster booting / shutdown

Happy Virtualboxing!

Hey all, what resolutions are you all running? Not managed to get many to work. Cheers

The max I got working was 1600x1200. My monitor is 1920x1200, so unfortunately can't make use of the

full screen.

Also, "About This Mac" gives me blue screen, but after a few seconds it comes back. Looks like it crashed

the UI system, which then recovered.

[VirtualBox 3.1.4 + Patches + iDeneb 1.6 1.5.8 light edition on Vista x32]

Help me,

I don't know what's the problem i can't boot to the Snow, Every time i try to it just freezes on the apple logo without giving me a signal of any working progress on the VB..

--| my setup |--------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows vista + VirtualBox version 3.1.4r57640

iDeneb_v1.6_1058_Lite_Edition & snowleopard_10a432_userdvd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:Also i get this warning if i hit enter after the last command, when i don't hit enter nothing will happen, actually i wasted more than an hour waiting for it.

warninf.png