Chameleon RC4 is out!

Poco

1,054 posts in this topic

Nice work on the boot0. This is definitely a step forward.

The installer use this code for boot1h:

dd if="${resourcesPath}/boot/boot1h" of="$rdev" bs=512 count=2

i think that we need just to change it to:

dd if="${resourcesPath}/boot/boot0" of="$disk" bs=440 count=1

i'm tring to make the package for it but i don't have the boot0 file modded, can you post it?

I modified my script by removing the fdisk install command and adding dd instead. Also removed the part that sets the partition active.

Using dd to install boot0 using the installer gives me the "resource busy" error. I think it needs the disk to be unmounted, which is not possible in our case. Any clue?

I modified my script by removing the fdisk install command and adding dd instead. Also removed the part that sets the partition active.

It's two hours that i'm tring to make a good script for an installer.

Can you please post your script and .pmdoc file to see how you have done it?

Using dd to install boot0 using the installer gives me the "resource busy" error. I think it needs the disk to be unmounted, which is not possible in our case. Any clue?

mmmm.. yes. Good point! Maybe this is why Zef shelved it?

I have been testing with separate OS X installs on different HDD's so that's why it hasn't been as issue for me...

Short of installing it from a LinuxLiveCD I don't know what else to suggest. Could it be done from SingleUser mode?

mmmm.. yes. Good point! Maybe this is why Zef shelved it?

I have been testing with separate OS X installs on different HDD's so that's why it hasn't been as issue for me...

Short of installing it from a LinuxLiveCD I don't know what else to suggest. Could it be done from SingleUser mode?

So the installer works only if you select another volume than the system one ?

So the installer works only if you select another volume than the system one ?

At the moment, that's where we're at.. But you might have to unmount the whole disk?

EDIT: Thinking on a tangent, would it possible to read the current MBR to memory and make the change to the first 440bytes. Then write back the entire MBR with fdisk? this would maybe allow it to be done without unmounting the drive..

Folks, great news for the installer, Dr Hurt pointed out the room of improvement as we should find out how to safely install it from a script without a resource to be busy,

there should be a way: apple installs their updates when shutting down/restarting the system,

I have no idea what API they use to do that but it could be an idea for the installer ...

Please test the RC5pre7 that fixes two important bugs that I found: a bug in nvidia devprop injection and a bug in autodetection of pciroot ...

I will be more involved today in the new prefpane but I'll stay tuned.

Folks, great news for the installer, Dr Hurt pointed out the room of improvement as we should find out how to safely install it from a script without a resource to be busy,

there should be a way: apple installs their updates when shutting down/restarting the system,

I have no idea what API they use to do that but it could be an idea for the installer ...

Please test the RC5pre7 that fixes two important bugs that I found: a bug in nvidia devprop injection and a bug in autodetection of pciroot ...

I will be more involved today in the new prefpane but I'll stay tuned.

Perfect, waiting for the localizations :D

This is welcome news. Good thinking Dr. Hurt :D

Oh My!

there was a problem with the make and the bin file was obsolete,

anyway here's the RC5pre7 that fixes many pbs with the nvidia GE and pciroot detection.

Hope it fixes your problem, but it should fix other problems for everyone on the nv GE.

Here:

Here:

RC5pre7.tar.gz

Gosh, I'm so tired too, worked my all week end on these bug fixes, time to make a (little) break :)

Hi my friend, unfortunately nothing, don't worry. There is NOT a problem ;)

Great work man ;)

anyway here's the RC5pre7 that fixes many pbs with the nvidia GE and pciroot detection.

Hope it fixes your problem, but it should fix other problems for everyone on the nv GE.

Hi Rekursor

I have just got round to trying out your pre7 release and I would like to report that this breaks auto pciroot detection for GraphicsEnabler for my system. I now have to add the pciroot key/string back in to my com.apple.Boot.plist. Auto detection has worked perfectly for me with all your previous releases.

Regards

blackosx

Ps. you might have another recruit for your development work if you're interested. See here.

I am signing off for tonight. Back tomorrow.

Hi Rekursor

I have just got round to trying out your pre7 release and I would like to report that this breaks auto pciroot detection for GraphicsEnabler for my system. I now have to add the pciroot key/string back in to my com.apple.Boot.plist. Auto detection has worked perfectly for me with all your previous releases.

Regards

blackosx

Ps. you might have another recruit for your development work if you're interested. See here.

I am signing off for tonight. Back tomorrow.

Thanks blackosx, I'll check that and would welcome this folk, he just has to create an account on the voodoo site and give me this so that I can add him, I'm very busy right now

Just Have the time to announce:

The completely revamped version of the Chameleon PrefPane !

Here:

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...eonPrefPane/bin

SPOT ON DIEBUCHE for his great DESIGN !!!

I just finished integrating the localization and couldn't resist to show you that stuff :(

going back to work now...

God almighty. This design sucks big time. And you know why? Because now all the other... Apple factory panels look dated. But don't get me wrong here, because I just love it. Job well done guys!

Congratulation on this beautiful piece of art. Great team work guys!

Man. This is the spirit I am looking for. Again fantastic job!

p.s. A few more pixels at the left/bottom will make it look even more professional.

Edit: Please use code / checks like this:

int setupACPI()
{
// ACPI Table headers in little endian format
static uint32_t const FACP_TABLE_SIGNATURE = 0x50434146;
static uint32_t const DSDT_TABLE_SIGNATURE = 0x54445344;
static uint32_t const SSDT_TABLE_SIGNATURE = 0x54445353;

// ACPI Tables we drop because they are useless to OS X
static uint32_t const OEMB_TABLE_SIGNATURE = 0x424D454F;
static uint32_t const OSFR_TABLE_SIGNATURE = 0x5246534F;
if (tableID == FACP_TABLE_SIGNATURE)
{
if (tableID == SSDT_TABLE_SIGNATURE)
{

for ACPI table signatures checks in dsdt_patcher.c (instead of what we have now). I also renamed it to acpi_patcher because that's what it is / does.

Looks really, really nice guys.

I'm glad to see good design making it's way into hackintosh-land.

Keep up the good work.

Not that you need more features, but I have a feature suggestion. I, and many others, keep Chameleon boot disk separate from OS X install. (mine is on a flash drive that connects right to the mobo usb header) When everything is running smoothly, I like to keep the boot volume hidden. It's not too hard with Terminal, but maybe it would be nice to have this option (hide/unhide) in the Chameleon pref pane? Onyx has this option, and I find it really useful.

Just a thought...

I just finished integrating the localization and couldn't resist to show you that stuff ;)

going back to work now...

WOW it's perfect and awesom with all the icon in the side panel!

So for now i can see:

English OK

Italian OK

German NO

French NO

Spanish NO

nice! we are waiting other translators!

I can guarantee that with iLocalize it's wery easy to localize, so if somebody needs help to start just ask!

Great job team!

Just Have the time to announce:

Here:

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...eonPrefPane/bin

I have to agree here with the other comments, the revised pref pane looks amazing!. Top job Rekursor and DieBuche. ;)

One note, the graphics didn't appear until I loaded it for the second time.

I thought full table patch was already implemented, no?

Hi 18seven

It might be, I'm not sure but my post was more about introducing the coder to rekursor. I have since pointed him to create an account on the repo as rekursor suggested.

I haven't this problem ;)

Maybe it was because I installed it over the top of the previous one rather than deleting the previous one first?

Hi Rekursor :),

I'm amazed. You're very nice and kind guy :). Always fast reacting and helpful :) You're doing such a great job, man.

I tested both Chameleon RC5pre6 and RC5pre7 and i would like to report a bug (a small one): the bootloader recognizes my memory as 667MHz although it's 800MHz (Mushkin, stock voltages and frequencies in BIOS).

Im amazed by the boot speed of RC5pre7, it's faster than RC5pre6 and AsereBLN's (used to use it before yours Chameleon variation).

Looking forward for the final version. ;)

Maybe it was because I installed it over the top of the previous one rather than deleting the previous one first?

Probably :)

Hi Rekursor :),

I'm amazed. You're very nice and kind guy :). Always fast reacting and helpful :) You're doing such a great job, man.

I tested both Chameleon RC5pre6 and RC5pre7 and i would like to report a bug (a small one): the bootloader recognizes my memory as 667MHz although it's 800MHz (Mushkin, stock voltages and frequencies in BIOS).

True. For this we should wait a bit :)

Im amazed by the boot speed of RC5pre7, it's faster than RC5pre6 and AsereBLN's (used to use it before yours Chameleon variation).

Looking forward for the final version. ;)

Yes, i agree with you;)

Hi