Chameleon RC4 is out!

Poco

1,054 posts in this topic

I disagree. This place has much more exposure; the fact that people aren't even aware of it, not even developers, should be a clear indicator that something has to be done/change [first].

a-haa, we could roll out a tv spot and start spamming left+right... people will go where the devs publish, people raid a ton of forums to find some kind of answer..

if people are ok with wasting time, that's fine

you can share your thoughts on what should be done/changed if you have a clear picture about this

True,

Maybe cparm or another moderator could add an announcement ?

the stable branch has been updated here with the binaries only and distrib, README, CREDITS info:

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...nPrefPane-1.0.1

Thanks!

hi, rekursor

i suggest you to open a new thread in the "New Releases and Updates" section,

where you can explain in detail what exactly do your prefpane, how to make it work, options, etc...

don't forget to put some screenshots :ninja:

...people will go where the devs publish, people raid a ton of forums to find some kind of answer..

Having everything – related to Chameleon – in one place might be what you are looking for, but I personally don't see it happening.

if people are ok with wasting time, that's fine

I don't think that this is the message you want to get out; sounds a bit offensive.

you can share your thoughts on what should be done/changed if you have a clear picture about this

I have some ideas, but won't vent them here. Except maybe that you should use this opportunity to get more exposure. Which of course is a good thing.

!?

...but I personally don't see it happening.

Oh mighty Zeus! that sounds too Machiavellian for my taste but you -just like anyone else- are free to play god-mode divide+conquer all you like.

exposure !? i never took post-count seriously, is it a quality indicator nowadays?

offensive!? is time-saving offensive nowadays too?

popcorn? nah! let's get some drinks

Why don't you start a thread with a title that would imply a general discussion about the Hackintosh (and not only?) community/culture? I'd sure enjoy joining, we both have memories of other hacking projects form past days. Bring our scientific, philosophical, critical thinking and any other views there? Just save me your excessive use of the wink smiley please.

Joking aside, Pax Universalis

Waiting for a fresh thread, this one's way OT already...

Oh mighty Zeus! that sounds too Machiavellian for my taste but you -just like anyone else- are free to play god-mode divide+conquer all you like.

People here are free to express their opinions. Me included. And the fact that we see things differently, clearly, should not have to end in personal attacks. Thank you.

And having two or more places where source code can be shared, and people hang out (asking questions) is not a bad idea either. All it does is to add choice. Freedom. Which to me is always a good thing.

exposure !? i never took post-count seriously, is it a quality indicator nowadays?

Who said anything about post counts? I surely did not. It is all about 'exposure' for the Chameleon forum / website... which you get by having a news items in a forum like this one. That is all.

offensive!? is time-saving offensive nowadays too?

No, but the way you did was. I mean people here are free to do when, what and how they want. It is after all their time. Not yours. You have no say whatsoever in it.

Why don't you start a thread with a title that would imply a general discussion about the Hackintosh (and not only?) community/culture? I'd sure enjoy joining, we both have memories of other hacking projects form past days. Bring our scientific, philosophical, critical thinking and any other views there? Just save me your excessive use of the wink smiley please.

This discussion has nothing to do with it. Not about this community and/or culture. Not even the fact that most people here are younger than the both of us. It is about the way some people, a minority luckily, replies to other people.

And you obviously don't want other people, people like me, to say anything, but you keep telling other people what they should do and how they should think. This is not going to work. Clearly not.

This of course is my personal view, and you are entitled to see things completely differently. That is the beauty of a forum, but I reject the way you replied to me.

rekursor, i just noticed disk images appear in the pane. Could u filter them out, i guess no one's gonna boot off them.

No problem will fix that in development branch, Thanks!

EDIT: done :)

@DieBuche: would you like to join the ChameleonPrefPane devel ?

I would be glad to have you contributing to it ...

rek, works well the last version, only thing: the icon of "linux", penguin, not seen in the menu'. Can you fix this?

Thanks, I'll check that asap, btw I added you in the credits for your hard-but-worth-it suggestion of feature ^_^

I learnt on-the-fly new aspects of cocoa thanks to this feature (like preferences (com.*.plist) management.

EDIT:Linux icon is dislplayed here did you try in dynamic (non frozen) mode with 1.0.2 ?

Thanks, I'll check that asap, btw I added you in the credits for your hard-but-worth-it suggestion of feature :)

I learnt on-the-fly new aspects of cocoa thanks to this feature (like preferences (com.*.plist) management.

Simply thanks ^_^

EDIT:Linux icon is dislplayed here did you try in dynamic (non frozen) mode with 1.0.2 ?

True. In dynamic mode the icon is displayed, in frozen (my only possible mode) not;)

Why?

Edit: RESOLVED

I added this:Linux_EXT4 to the partition corresponding in plist.

:)

That'd be cool! I opened an account (http://forge.voodooprojects.org/u/diebuche/)

You've just been recruited ! :)

(See: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleonApplications/ )

Dr Hurt If you read these lines,

you would be the other folk I'm currently hunting :)

I am greatly intereted by your Chameleon Installer works and think you would be an asset for the forge voodoo chameleon projects.

So if you would like to join, I would be really glad and thankful.

Would have some work for you for next major prefPane release (codename Gandalf) (Installers apps for booter + panel) ...

You've just been recruited ! :)

(See: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleonApplications/ )

Dr Hurt If you read these lines,

you would be the other folk I'm currently hunting :)

I am greatly intereted by your Chameleon Installer works and think you would be an asset for the forge voodoo chameleon projects.

So if you would like to join, I would be really glad and thankful.

Would have some work for you for next major prefPane release (codename Gandalf) (Installers apps for booter + panel) ...

Thank you very much rekursor. I've been following your work here for a while, and I must say you're doing a wonderful job not just coding but also moderating.

I wish I could join but I'm very busy right now with my 2nd quarter exams, and I don't feel so good. Exams make me sick. :)

I'll try my best to follow the progress here, and once you release Chameleon RC5 or at least a new version that incorporates all the patches (from the different branches), I'll create a new installer with your next major release (if it's ready by that time). I think I know how to include the prefpane in the installer, but haven't tried yet.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Thank you very much rekursor. I've been following your work here for a while, and I must say you're doing a wonderful job not just coding but also moderating.

I wish I could join but I'm very busy right now with my 2nd quarter exams, and I don't feel so good. Exams make me sick. :(

I'll try my best to follow the progress here, and once you release Chameleon RC5 or at least a new version that incorporates all the patches (from the different branches), I'll create a new installer with your next major release (if it's ready by that time). I think I know how to include the prefpane in the installer, but haven't tried yet.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Thanks DrHurt, Exams come first :)

I'll let you know about the progress of RC5, should be imminent, (we're waiting for crew members to finsih merging their work), then we'll discuss again how we can benefit from your wonderful work on installers.

Good luck for your exams !

I tried to create a check whether the volume is bootable:

When i convert the char label[32] to a string, i obviously get a string 32 characters long. Could u give me a tip how to convert more efficiently/cut the spaces off?

No prob,

try using the new str_util.h include file I just added for you.

it features all trimming features you might ever need ;-)

Thanks for starting to implement the TODO list :P

I'll help you more on that one if you need it, but for now I'm a bit busy implementing ...

... Four new panels (!)

try using the new str_util.h include file I just added for you.

it features all trimming features you might ever need ;-)

Thanks for starting to implement the TODO list ;)

I'll help you more on that one if you need it, but for now I'm a bit busy implementing ...

... Four new panels (!)

Now it's very nice and not more just a Startup Disk panel, good work!

I've translated in Italian your v2, but i don't know how to merge it with the english one.

I've posted the xib modded in the sources site under issue because i wasn't sure how to do it.

I've translated in Italian your v2, but i don't know how to merge it with the english one.

I've posted the xib modded in the sources site under issue because i wasn't sure how to do it.

Thanks scrax I'll add it to the TODO list !

Oh yeah... so it is!

I have just built the current v2 from the sources.. (for testing purposes only of course)

Wow, you've been busy Rekursor....

(Hope you don't mind me having a sneak?)