Snow Leopard Install for Asus P6X58D Premium

r0tt3n

352 posts in this topic

Okay, what's the error?. What are you using (software)? what os are you in now (windows, linux, mac)?

Got it to boot...thanks for the help :unsure:

quick question though, how do i know which flags I need? Is there anywhere I can go to figure that out?

Is this the 10.6.3 v1.1 AppleHDA?

Yes. Same version 1.8.4fc3. Patched by Aschar.

Got it to boot...thanks for the help :unsure:

quick question though, how do i know which flags I need? Is there anywhere I can go to figure that out?

-if you can boot and install, then you don't need none

-but you can boot with -x to see what happens. So you can just look at the spinning apple logo forever if it stuck at something, and kernel panics. (verbose mode - with diagnostics)

-if you got video problems, black/blue screen etc; you can boot with - v -x (verbose mode + safe mode -- it doesn't load the audio/video drivers -- kexts -- kernel extensisons and others)

- if got cpu problems, you an try and set one core in bios (or specify it at boot cpus=1) and boot with specific busratio=20 (i7 920 etc) and boot normal (all cores) after install

-and so on; look at kup's guide again

Tada! You guys rock! Finished the first 20 steps. We have Snow Leopard!

So now for my next question...is it safe for me to go back to my OC'd BIOS settings? Or is that a no-no.

BIG THANKS USER_01 and KUP!!!

EDIT: Must I update to .2 before going to .3?

Tada! You guys rock! Finished the first 20 steps. We have Snow Leopard!

So now for my next question...is it safe for me to go back to my OC'd BIOS settings? Or is that a no-no.

BIG THANKS USER_01 and KUP!!!

EDIT: Must I update to .2 before going to .3?

NO. (but you need to install the binary patched AppleHDA.kext (10.6.3 ver 1.8.4.fc3) after, if you didn't yet, so sound will work again). Leave the Extra as it is, no modifications needed there if you "install" it as it should be.

NO. (but you need to install the binary patched AppleHDA.kext (10.6.3 ver 1.8.4.fc3) after, if you didn't yet, so sound will work again). Leave the Extra as it is, no modifications needed there if you "install" it as it should be.

I haven't done any updates yet...however, sound doesn't appear to be working atm. Everything else seems good to go.

I haven't done any updates yet...however, sound doesn't appear to be working atm. Everything else seems good to go.

Then hit the software update button. Install all like real mac. It should work fine. And then do the AppleHDA.kext install. (AppleHDA.kext see above)

What about OC'ing? Am I okay to do that? Seems like it should be...but figured I'd ask.

If you've used my Extra Folder and the AsereBLN 1.1.9 bootloader I supplied, overclocking is fine. I only run stock with power saving features for installing/testing. The rest of the time I run my i7 @ 4.5GHz. :D

If you've used my Extra Folder and the AsereBLN 1.1.9 bootloader I supplied, overclocking is fine. I only run stock with power saving features for installing/testing. The rest of the time I run my i7 @ 4.5GHz. :D

Hot DAMN! What kind of cooler you running? lol

I normally run mine at 4.01 or 4.2

Also, out of interest, did GraphicsEnabler get your 9800GTX+ working fine?

Hot DAMN! What kind of cooler you running? lol

I normally run mine at 4.01 or 4.2

That is running under a Swiftech GTZ, Dual Thermochill PA120.3 Radiators, Swiftech MCP655 Pump. Nice and chilly.

@User_01

You stated the following:

install binary patched AppleHDA.kext (1.8.4fc3) for audio back in 10.6.3 (use Kext Helper, the AppleHDA.kext vanilla (stock/original/untouched) will be backed up on the root partition in a folder, leave it there, no harm to have it backed up), restart.

I'm not sure I fully understand this. Do I add the AppleHDA.kext file to the Extras > Extensions folder and then just run the Kext Helper b7 or the Kext Utility?

This entire statement kinda confuses me, lol. I'm not familiar with what kext files are or how they work. I know they help SL work with my mobo, but that's about it.

To this point I followed the guide and did the software update from the Apple menu and restarted. Sorry for all the questions, not only am I new to hackintosh'ing, I'm new to mac.

Also, out of interest, did GraphicsEnabler get your 9800GTX+ working fine?

I think so...not 100% sure though. I'm at 1920x1200 and colors look good. As I stated above, I'm new to Mac altogether. Had a MBP for about a month and now this...

EDIT: If you guys haven't been able to tell, I'm in no-man's land right now. I'm plenty familiar with Windows and getting around on computers. I'm a front-end web developer who's outside his comfort level but I try to dabble with DIY computer projects on the side. This is one I've been wanting to do b/c there's some nice web tools on the Mac side. Oh and btw, I'm a man of my word. I offered up $20 for help, so I guess you guys (Kup & User_01) have to split it. Feel free to send me your paypal address and I'll send you each $10, hahaha.

Cool. I'll give mine a go, I was using EFI strings until now.

Right, once 10.6.3 is fully installed and updated, download User_01's AppleHDA and drag it into 'Kext Helper B7' as in my guide for the 10.6.2 AppleHDA. Reboot and it should fix Audio in 10.6.3. :D

Okay,

-1 if you go to root partition (where mac's installed, go in finder), then go to system>library>extensions, you'll be able to see all the extensions the system has installed (not to be confused with the system is using/loaded, when you are in it; for that you can go to applications>utilities>system profiler>Extensions; plus the ones in Extra that are not appearing there

-2 there you'll see the AppleHDA.kext

- now if you are using Kext Helper, you don't need to back up the original kext, it'll do it for you; you'll see a new folder on root partition with the kext in it (the one it backed up/original one); to use the Kext Helper just open it, select where the binary patched kext is (where you've downloaded) and install it

-if you're using Kext Utility (i'd suggest this one), then just go to s>l>e folder and look for the AppleHDA.kext and copy it to desktop or wherever you want to back up it; then move the one from s>l>e to trash; then copy the Kext utility to desktop and the binary patched AppleHDA.kext, then drag the kext over the Kext Utility icon; let it install it, and restart

AppleHDA.kext doesn't work from Extra.

w00t! working sound FTW! Thanks for the explanation!

Not sure if you guys saw this in my post above, so figured I'd repost:

Oh and btw, I'm a man of my word. I offered up $20 for help, so I guess you guys (Kup & User_01) have to split it. Feel free to send me your paypal address and I'll send you each $10, hahaha.

I know it isn't alot, lol, but it's the least I could do.

Hmm...I just realized I never did Step 3 of your FINAL files Kup. What is it for? (IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext)

for "sound effects" to work you need to set at sound>play sounds effects through > selected sound output device

-here is a chameleon prefane to have it in system preferences (manage chameleon better) - optional; is on the cd-boot too

How come we need to install that? I get sound effects without in in 10.6.2 and earlier.

How come we need to install that? I get sound effects without in in 10.6.2 and earlier.

:) You don't need to install that for "sound effects"! Take it off topic (the prefpane thing) if you like. The prefpane has nothing to do with the things above it.

After I boot my hard drive with SL I get all the commands and towards the end after MAC Framework successfully installed I get

USBF: 5.643 AppleUSBUHCI[0x68a6000]::start unable to initilize UIM

ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.

I have used the boot 132 disk first with -v -x cpus=6 arch=i386 busratio=25 or 27 tried both

with this method I get a black screen after a bunch of commands

Then I tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]+[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with the same flags and I get the Firewire error

I have a hot swappable bay so I can easily pull out my SSD drive and plug it to my macbook pro.

BTW if anybody lives in the L.A. area I'd pay $20 for some help and $80 if you are able to make it work.